Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121
Results 2,401 to 2,414 of 2414

Thread: Cork AUL 2010/11

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Unfortunately, Ballyvolane rumours seem to be true so thats two clubs from last year immediately. One other is a "probably" more than a "yes". Everyone else seems to be ok.

When ye back? Looks like week of 12/14 for us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casilles View Post
    Gene top ref lads, common sense and explains his decisions. @maninthemiddle I look forward to seeing your approach to things next year. We gonna be seeing u in the premier games ? ie grade 1.

Any news on clubs going lads, some rumours 3 birthwort clubs gone!!!
    not sure cas. im grade 2 unless i get re-graded this season. mainly premier A and 1st division id say but hopefully the odd premier game. i have a lot of experience now and will certainly be looking for the big games as they are the ones you want. i like to think im a good ref anyway and its certainly the vibe im getting back from teams and players. then again they are hardly going to slate you to to your face.

having played all my life common sense comes would be a big factor for me and keeping cool and calm. i dont mind player frustration one bit unless it over steps the mark and turns to abuse. you just make it easy for a ref by telling him to f**k off or call him a name.

i am aware that fellas train all week and are busrting a gut on a sunday morning so i try keep that in mind and give fellas enough rope. its up to them whether they hang themselves with it or not.

communication with players is key as well for me. its easy let a fella know what your decision is for or go back and have a chat when there is a break in the play. i like to let it flow if i can as you can always bring it back.

im rambling now. lol. talking about biigin myself up like. lol. ill probably end up having a nightmare if i have ye.
    there no such thing as a bad pint.there are ony pints and better pints.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    all sounds very good @maninthemiddle ,you have played long enough and with 2 big clubs on the northside at senior so you know the goings on in a players head, fell foul to them on the odd occasion yourself!! you must have gone to the Gene Stephens school of refereeing!!! Common sense and communication is all that is asked for, everyone of us makes mistakes weather your, the chairman, centre half, kitman or the ref its how you deal with it and recover thats the difference
    "Build it and they will come"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Hi lads, I know there was a debate on this a while back but does anyone know will the mossie linnane kick this season off again and if yes then when abouts does it start??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    all sounds very good @maninthemiddle ,you have played long enough and with 2 big clubs on the northside at senior so you know the goings on in a players head, fell foul to them on the odd occasion yourself!! you must have gone to the Gene Stephens school of refereeing!!! Common sense and communication is all that is asked for, everyone of us makes mistakes weather your, the chairman, centre half, kitman or the ref its how you deal with it and recover thats the difference
    true enough cas. when i played i was never one for getting involved with the ref really nor was i a dirty player i had other things to be concentrating on or organising but by god i would have used every trick in the book as far as time wasting and gamesnmanship was involved or off the ball antics.

i enjoy the banter amongst players once its not out of line. i have struggled at times to keep in laughter when 2 players are at the verbals. no threats though as i take a dim view of the fella who says " ill knock you out" or "ill break your jaw for ya etc" in fact i'd almost produce a red for that instead of a yellow. no need for that stuff.

i suppose going to the dark side i now realise refs are responsible for players safety and actually control the tempo and discipline of the game which if you think of it is a tough job on top of just reffing the actual game.
    there no such thing as a bad pint.there are ony pints and better pints.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    Glenbuck, he deserves to move to the top (if I have picked up your heavyweight reference correctly). Unfortunately, more than referring skills seem to count. I would have him up there not far from the Gene level. Why? Common sense.

The 5 refs of the season picked by the various leagues.......................who pays the ferryman? Where is Blackstone's vote for the 600plus quid we paid out?? Coincidently, this season, we would have voted for the winner but that is not the point is it?
    You are missing my heavyweight reference Horse. Damians a grand fella who lives for the reffing. A lot of high profile games done in last few years too.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Whats that smell says Del Boy.... oh yeah its bu..s..t. Ha ha

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    Unfortunately, Ballyvolane rumours seem to be true so thats two clubs from last year immediately. One other is a "probably" more than a "yes". Everyone else seems to be ok.

When ye back? Looks like week of 12/14 for us

Ballyvolane gone??What that mean with our league horse?will it be 9 teams or a 1st division team coming up?

Were back training wednesday night the 6th.Good to be back

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Carraigtohill have been asked to go up and will. Cathedral Celtic the same , stepping up a division

10. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Carraigtohill have been asked to go up and will. Cathedral Celtic the same , stepping up a division
    Why not douglas?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    As far as I know, the 3 runners up in the second division have been asked to move up. With Ballyvolane being one that is missing, either 2 more are missing or they are evening up the numbers in the divisions.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Mossie Linnane League Cup
    Section A
    Blarney St Ath
    Carrigtwohill Utd
    Leeds
    Leeside A
    Springfield A

Section B
    Coachford A
    Kanturk
    Killumney Utd
    Knockavilla Celtic
    Macroom A

Section C
    Greenwood A
    Kilreen Celtic
    Kinsale A
    Pearse Celtic
    Wilton Utd A

Section D
    Blackstone Rovers
    Bohemians
    Castleview
    Grattan Utd
    Park Utd A
    "Build it and they will come"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    So southsider you think not many players in the AUL panel would get in an MSL premier senior side? Were Casement seniors in the Premier of the MSL??/ I think not so why do you think 6 or 7 of ye're squad should be in the AUL panel if they too werent good enough for premier MSL???

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    New thread for this season.