Page 104 of 121 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2414

Thread: Cork AUL 2010/11

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    You have to hand it to Kinsale, could and should have been three or four goals down at half time today. Instead they went in at half time 1-1 after a horrendous mistake by the Leeside keeper and went on to win the game in the second half.

Leeside must be sick of the sight of them.

Heard a few of those rumours too Mario. Although I doubt the likes of Shinkwin will go back to Grattan to be honest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    I heard quite the opposite, from what i'm hearing and Cas(can you confirm) that you, Dean Evans, Ola and a few other are entering your own team next season in division 3. I heard that you all get on very well from your time with the AUL team!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Foot.ie! Kinsale go top!!!

A hard fought 2-1 win away to Leeside left us top of the table with a few games left. Hopefully we can continue our winning form to get the 5 points that are now needed, if Wilton were to win their 2 remaining games.
    A lot of work still to be done though as all of our remaining games are tough.

Kinsale 14 played 38 points (Blarney Street A, Ballyvolane A, Park A, Wilton H)
    Leeside 18 played 36 points
    Wilton 16 played 36 points (Coachford H, Kinsale A)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Well not quite a new team but an oldie looking to come back. Maymount Celtic are lookin to come back. Yes I am involved as is Dean but no way is Ola. Have been on to the farmer in Kilowen and has givin gus a verbal commitment to lease the pitch we had, so if there is any budding stars out there looking for a new challenge PM on this
    "Build it and they will come"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    We had our end of season get together during the week end, Ciaran Lucey won our players player of the year and Aidan Buckley won the Club player of the year and our friend Junglejym won the 2nd team player of the year. John O Sullivan who has had the thankless task of managing the second team over the past few seasons won Clubman of the year, well done to the 4 lads.

Happy to confirm that Malcolm Stokes will be managing us again next year as he was no doubt not short on offers, he has integrated himself very well within the club so from the players point of view it was important to keep improving things on the playing field for the club. One game for us next saturday against Wilton, Kinsale march on to another league.
    Would nt be surprised to see alot of the Grattan lads return if they they do that ll leave just one other team to go up from Prem A next year, any idea who ll be in charge. Hearing rumours that Billy Cronin has been offered the managers job in Leeside for next season, would the Leeside lads like to confirm or deny?
    Last edited by Inswinger; 16/05/2011 at 10:11 AM.

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Big congrats to Junglegym on his player of the year award
    I thought he'd also be in line for young player of the year haha
    Couldn't have given it to a nicer guy!!!

Best of luck Cas with your new venture
    I thought Maymount had merged with Temple though?
    Has there been a divorce?

8. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Just a question on this new team cas, were you perviously with Maymount before? Will this effect blarney street on the player front? Will some of your team mates be joining ye? I would hate to see another team in the Premier collapse like Grattan did last year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    No wasnt involved witht hem but 1/2 from the old club are . i cant see it affect the street as we will be Div3 so asking fellas tpo drop down 4 divisions would be asking liverpool to win the league next year, aint gonna happen!!! Have been on to fellow norries who maybe arenyt good enough for Premier but wanna play and enjoy so we will take it from there, a few from Bohs Gratts and Knocka have said the be intrested so we will see, wanna come up to the city Inswinger again??????
    "Build it and they will come"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Am i right in saying that the A.O.H. cup final is on the same night as the title decider between rockmount and avondale?

i would have liked to have seen both. shame if so.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Your grand Cas, only ever played in the big smoke for away games!! Hoping to challenge for silverware in Coachford next year. Is Derek staying on as manager for the Street?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maninthemiddle View Post
    Am i right in saying that the A.O.H. cup final is on the same night as the title decider between rockmount and avondale?

i would have liked to have seen both. shame if so.
    I thought AOH final is on Friday 27th May - Is the date for Rockmount v Avondale set???
    Last edited by Innishvilla; 16/05/2011 at 12:55 PM.
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Delighted to see Kinsale finally hit the summit of the premier. Although they still have to finish it out, i think it would take a miracle for them to lose it from this position now. League/AOH double with be a fantastic achievement and would be well deserved. Good luck with the finish of the season Shilts, and hopefully the double will be achieved come the end of the season.
    Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    it is according to referees website anyway as 27th may. bad form.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    [QUOTE=footiefanatic;1486388]Delighted to see Kinsale finally hit the summit of the premier. Although they still have to finish it out, i think it would take a miracle for them to lose it from this position now. League/AOH double with be a fantastic achievement and would be well deserved. Good luck with the finish of the season Shilts, and hopefully the double will be achieved come the end of the season
    id think ud find footiefanatic if kinsale win the league and aoh it would be a treble..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maninthemiddle View Post
    it is according to referees website anyway as 27th may. bad form.
    Just saw that now - bad form of the MSL I would say. The AOH is a bit at the mercy of the availability of Turners Cross. A league game can be moved around fairly comfortably normally. I think most neutral cork soccer followers would like the opportunity to attend both games - not to have to make a choice.
    George Hamilton...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Innishvilla View Post
    I thought AOH final is on Friday 27th May - Is the date for Rockmount v Avondale set???
    Rockmount v Avondale May 27th Rockmount Park.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redandwhite View Post
    why should the msl worry about a fixture in the aul....im sure u will find most footballing people would head to the mount dale game as the quality would be far greather with just kinsale/wilton and the die hard aul followers going to watch this...thats just the reality of the situation....so how many seasons is it now that kinsale wit about 10 games in hand coming into march/apr go and win the league....its a crazy situation and one that should be addressed once and for all....playing teams with nothing to play for bar pride is a far different proposition than playing them back in oct/nov when everyone still has ambitions for the season

Could not agree more with you red and white!
    Same happened with kilumney,not saying they didnt deserve the title,but they went to pearse at end of april,who had not played in long time!
    Kilumney won 7-0,i can promise you that would not happen any other time,cause pearse are a fantastic team,but had nothing to play for!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Mellerick and Lynam have stepped down from Ballyvolane and it looks like another long standing AUL team may be gone! The list of people out there who are willing to sacrifice their own time to keep a club going is dwindling, especially those without basic facilities. With the attitude of some players also open to question they will not be the last club to go in the close season. 41 yrs Ballyvolane have been in the AUL, a tremendous achievement for a club without their own facilities and who have moved pitch on many occassions. These two guys have given over 30yrs each to the club, playing and managing and it is sad to see it come to this but with nobody willing to help out they have reached the end of their tether. A well deserved break and some family time awaits for the summer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldihno View Post
    Could not agree more with you red and white!
    Same happened with kilumney,not saying they didnt deserve the title,but they went to pearse at end of april,who had not played in long time!
    Kilumney won 7-0,i can promise you that would not happen any other time,cause pearse are a fantastic team,but had nothing to play for!
    Although I do agree with Red and White regarding it not been the MSLs problem clashing with the AUL diary I'm surprised at Donalinho talking aload of crap. It's not Killumneys problem the other team had nothing to play for in April what do u want them to do, score 1 and shut up shop?? As well as Kinsale what are they suppose to do about it? Not play in the Munster Junior, FAI junior, Munster senior cup, AOH cup and the Mossie Linnane oh I suppose they can get onto the AUL to pull the Oscar trayner team out of it.......oh and you can pass on the weather mans number if u know him to us all too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redandwhite View Post
    why should the msl worry about a fixture in the aul....
    Fair enough - I guess it sums up the MSL attitude to the AUL... The poor relation that should be ignored, who cares if the potentially biggest league game of the MSL season clashes with the biggest AUL cup game of the season.
    I think you'd be surprised though there will be a lot of neutrals will go to the AOH cup final though. But my point was that football fans in Cork would like the opportunity to see both games and that a league game is more easily arranged than a Turners Cross fixture. If for example a Wilton v Kinsale league game with the title on the line was clashing with the Beamish Cup final I would like to think the AUL would consider re-arranging the fixture.
    Last edited by Innishvilla; 17/05/2011 at 2:58 PM.
    George Hamilton...