Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 103 of 121 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2414

Thread: Cork AUL 2010/11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Well the end of another season cant say I'm not relieved, what started out as a very promising year up Premier A it all seemed to unfold around Christmas with players leaving and injuries or whatever, credit where it's due to Killumney and Greenwood both teams prob deserved what they got and I'd like to congratulate them both on there achievements!

After our game against Killumney our final game of the season our manager is moving on after 15 or so years with the club is moving to take over Castleview Juniors so we ourselves will be wiping the slate clean and starting again to get to where we think we belong playing premier football.

Well done inishvilla, Killumney, Millstreet all the league winners, only matter of time before kinsale are added to that list aswell

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    Man in the middle/Padjoe, one for ye. We had a situation where one of the Attackers shouted "Leave it" in the box. The ref said it was up to his discretion if it was an offence or not. I thought it was an offence in all cases?
    Think the rule was changed. If you are not gaining an advantage from the shout i.e. putting off an opposing player I think its play on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maninthemiddle View Post
    If he is deemed to have put off an opposition players by doing so it's a free. that rule changed. You can say leave it if you want but it's unsporting behaviour to put a player off by doing so.
    When did that come in? How are rule changes in general passed down through the various levels to the clubs?

But surely even if its two of your own players together, you are gaining an advantage by avoiding the possibility of the players getting in each others way?

Is this like the offside rule? Turn what is Black & White into grey?

Why change the rule in the first place? What was wrong with it?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    When did that come in? How are rule changes in general passed down through the various levels to the clubs?

But surely even if its two of your own players together, you are gaining an advantage by avoiding the possibility of the players getting in each others way?

Is this like the offside rule? Turn what is Black & White into grey?

Why change the rule in the first place? What was wrong with it?
    The "old rule" was ridiculous.

If a player said - "leave it" - free kick against him.
    If the same player said "leave it, Jimmy" - no free kick against him.

What if the opposition player's name was Jimmy?!
    Which shout gave the advantage???

Frees were given even though no disadvantage/foul was made against the team given the free.
    How did this work in international games where the ref couldn't speak either language???

The new rule is more player friendly, and the ref still can use his discretion if he feels somebody is being cute and really trying to gain an advantage.
    The game gets stopped enough, this change helps to keep it flowing in my opinion.

Also, the offside rule is better now too!!!
    Nothing worse than a goal of the month contender from 30 yards being dssallowed because somebody else was standing in an offside position away from play and not interfering.

I'm no spring chicken Horse 24, but you must be from the W-M brigade if you prefer the older versions of these rules

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    On looking at different ideas lads how about this?

Premier 12 teams 2 down
    Prem A 12 teams 2 up. 3 down
    Div 1 2 sec 12 teams section winners up and a playoff between the 2 2nd places teams to go up
    Div 2 2 sec 12 teams 2 up 2 down
    Div 3 2 sec 12 teams 2 up.
    Those figures give a total of 96 teams. This season the Aul had starting 99. Ballyvolane B folded. So maybe 1 more in different sections in the 2nd/3rd to make up the 99. The above gives a teams who maybe dont have a good start a chance to still go up. Also the premier teams not to enter the Aoh till the 3rd round .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    macroom 0 kinsale 2.

not much really to say only kinsale deserved the win,we didnt really have many chances only from long range which we hit the post from one if that went in maybe it could have been different but not to be.best of luck to kinsale fro the rest of the season.park at home next sunday for us for our last game.would be nice to finish off the season the way we started with a win...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junglegym View Post
    Home to Coachford Tuesday at 7pm ( Farranlee Road )
    Match called off, pitch unplayable!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casilles View Post
    On looking at different ideas lads how about this?

Premier 12 teams 2 down
    Prem A 12 teams 2 up. 3 down
    Div 1 2 sec 12 teams section winners up and a playoff between the 2 2nd places teams to go up
    Div 2 2 sec 12 teams 2 up 2 down
    Div 3 2 sec 12 teams 2 up.
    Those figures give a total of 96 teams. This season the Aul had starting 99. Ballyvolane B folded. So maybe 1 more in different sections in the 2nd/3rd to make up the 99. The above gives a teams who maybe dont have a good start a chance to still go up. Also the premier teams not to enter the Aoh till the 3rd round .
    You can mess with the numbers depending on overall numbers but you have the right idea Cas. The AUL's argument about 1 up from Division 1 was that you shouldnt be able to go from Div 3 to Prem without winning a league. A valid argument but less valid that only one opportunity for promotion from any division.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    The "old rule" was ridiculous.

If a player said - "leave it" - free kick against him.
    If the same player said "leave it, Jimmy" - no free kick against him.

What if the opposition player's name was Jimmy?!
    Which shout gave the advantage???

Frees were given even though no disadvantage/foul was made against the team given the free.
    How did this work in international games where the ref couldn't speak either language???

The new rule is more player friendly, and the ref still can use his discretion if he feels somebody is being cute and really trying to gain an advantage.
    The game gets stopped enough, this change helps to keep it flowing in my opinion.

Also, the offside rule is better now too!!!
    Nothing worse than a goal of the month contender from 30 yards being dssallowed because somebody else was standing in an offside position away from play and not interfering.

I'm no spring chicken Horse 24, but you must be from the W-M brigade if you prefer the older versions of these rules
    Just learn not to shout "Leave it" at under 12 - problem solved.

The more Black & white rules surely the better. We always ask for more consistency, so that means less discretion.

Its the "phase of play" section of the offside rule that me, all refs and Mr Blatter dont understand - not the not interfering that you mentioned. I think I may have mentioned it before - the example that sticks out for me comes from Liverpool V Newcastle some years back. As the Newcastle midfielder advanced, Hyppia stepped up and Kluivert was 5 yards offiside. The midfielder swung the ball out the wing to the onside winger, who advanced and pulled it back for Kluivert to score. Goal stood - new phase of play. You telling me Kluivert didnt gain any advantage from being 5 yards nearer the ball than Hyppia? Grey area in a rule where black & white is needed. A controversial rule made all the greyer.........

Shilts.......the coincidence is I am reading a book............and am currently on the W-M chapter!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    You gotta laugh Horse!!!
    Half the gang here have no idea what the W-M is

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ballincollig Juniors can be promoted with a win against neighbours Lakewood tonight in Div 3a. Semi Final secong leg next week also. Strange how a clubs senior team can struggle so badly and yet a lower team in the club can be doing so well.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Just learn not to shout "Leave it" at under 12 - problem solved.

The more Black & white rules surely the better. We always ask for more consistency, so that means less discretion.

Its the "phase of play" section of the offside rule that me, all refs and Mr Blatter dont understand - not the not interfering that you mentioned. I think I may have mentioned it before - the example that sticks out for me comes from Liverpool V Newcastle some years back. As the Newcastle midfielder advanced, Hyppia stepped up and Kluivert was 5 yards offiside. The midfielder swung the ball out the wing to the onside winger, who advanced and pulled it back for Kluivert to score. Goal stood - new phase of play. You telling me Kluivert didnt gain any advantage from being 5 yards nearer the ball than Hyppia? Grey area in a rule where black & white is needed. A controversial rule made all the greyer.........

Shilts.......the coincidence is I am reading a book............and am currently on the W-M chapter!!!
    If you think that was bad Ronaldo and Real Madrid was playin a Spanish league game earlier this year, it could have been Real Scoichad i am not 100% sure. While Madrid was defending a corner Ronaldo was tying his lacers more than half-way in the opposition half. Madrid cleared the ball and ran with the ball to the opposition end line crossed the ball to Ronaldo too score, at no time did he make an atempt to get back on-side, it is debate able if he was on-side when the ball was played to him, the goal stood. The goal could be seen on U-Tube at one stage.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Round Tower View Post
    If you think that was bad Ronaldo and Real Madrid was playin a Spanish league game earlier this year, it could have been Real Scoichad i am not 100% sure. While Madrid was defending a corner Ronaldo was tying his lacers more than half-way in the opposition half. Madrid cleared the ball and ran with the ball to the opposition end line crossed the ball to Ronaldo too score, at no time did he make an atempt to get back on-side, it is debate able if he was on-side when the ball was played to him, the goal stood. The goal could be seen on U-Tube at one stage.
    I know the one....how is that making the game better?

Nedge, I have always been suprised about a sport mad town like that did not have a bigger and stronger club like Carrigaline or something. I know every club has its up and downs but Ballincollig never had the clubhouse or whatever. I believe the new pitches are a good set up and I think they can now take a place higher up the club ladder.

Shilts, the biggest prize of all is that you can start next year's thread if ye win it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Shilts, the biggest prize of all is that you can start next year's thread if ye win it!
    Careful with that one Shilts , the last two people that started our Thread are no longer with us , God Bless 'em
    To escape criticism ~
    do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

15. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junglegym View Post
    Careful with that one Shilts , the last two people that started our Thread are no longer with us , God Bless 'em
    Haha - the poison chalice!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The one that bugs me about offside is why can't a defender be deemed to be "not interfering" in a phaze of play the same way an attacker is. That's me wearing my defenders hat though.

@ horse , you wouldn't believe the amount of calls for frees I get every weekend from people who dont know the "leave it" rule changed. that rule definitely changed for the better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Any results from last night? there is no update on the cork AUL site which is unusual - also no fixtures yet...
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Kilreen beat ucc 3-2 innish,so there champs!
    Springfield also had good win down in park,interesting finish to that league too!
    Not sure about the rest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Anyone know who won the Leeside and Kinsale game this morning?? And how many points to Kinsale need to win that league or is it won already??

Cas heard today ye will have a change of manager next year is this true? Why is Derek leaving? Is he taking over someone else and is Danny or yourself I'm led to believe gonna be taking the job??

Rumours bout transfers all over the place already few of our team being linked with Castleview but that's only natural with our manager taking over there next year, heard he's bringing in one or two more quality players aswell..

Heard all the old grattan team are going back to get the club going again and if this is true fairplay to the lads like shinkwin the sullivans figo and all them

Heard cas yer keeper Crow is off to Leeside and figo also being linked with them, 2 fierce signings if through

Oh and Ivan skillington I heard just may be off to Castleview next year aswell, watch this space!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Leeside 1 Kinsale 2 big three points for Kinsale in little island this morning!