Page 102 of 121 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2414

Thread: Cork AUL 2010/11

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Red and White i dont agree with your point about a team getting battered every week not being good enough, it happens in every league in the world whether amateur or professional. You need look no further than the MSL Premier, Tramore getting beaten virtually every week, UCC being off the pace and even Mayfield struggled but for a decent finish, There are and there will always be weak teams.

The Grattan situation was based on extenuating circumstances, the virtual leaving of a team to be supplanted by a second string was never gonna be easy. But credit to Grattan, theyve tried to fulfill their fixtures.

I take your point that you can be average and survive though. We've seen it with some Junir teams who have been Premier for a long time avoiding the drop because another shower arent up to scratch.
    But the point people are missing is that this is Junior football, things can change very quickly eg Grattan, Killumney coming from nowhere, same is true of Springfield.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    Glad to see that ye are safe now Sharpshooter.
    We had a good close game last time out, but hopefully we won't have to rely on our elderly/ancient players anymore this season

Interesting comments from Innish about the country teams doing better than the city teams this year.
    Also, 2 northside teams have been relegated from the Premier Division.
    I wonder is this related to the recession, with "the soccer-playing areas" of the city suffering more from emigration than most other areas.
    Could this be a factor?!
    I think this is the answer to all that followed - one northside team is reportedly to have lost 9 players on the one plane! We ourselves have half a team over in Oz!

Second place deserves something and play offs may be the way to go. This season the two runners up in Div 1 for example could have played each other and then the winner plays the 3rd bottom side in Prem A.

I think the standard dropping is maybe a bit of "The good oul days". Some very good sides out there. The Grattan situation is a freak occurence and Ballyvolane changed a lot of players over the summer.

In the 3 MSL divisions there are teams tailed off. Its a strange but common occurence that winning teams turn over a lot of players after the success. We lost 8 of our double winning 19 in the summer that followed for various reasons.

Congrats to all the winners, especially Inish after the long wait!

I do think 10 teams is enough for the top two divisions, if the Mossie stays.
    The Mossie is better at the start, but could a space be found for a chunk of even 4 league games early doors, on maybe AOH 1st round day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Have to agree with most replies to redandwhite's comments, every league will have one or two strugglers, consistent mid table teams and anywhere between 2 - 4 teams pushing for honours.

Playing in Clashduv Road for the past 2 seasons with Greenwood maybe increases your concentration levels but it definitely doesn't help your confidence.
    We've struggled to hang onto players due to this, I'd imagine other teams in Cork have also lost good players to MJL teams with better facilities.

I would feel facilities are far and away the biggest draw back for the standard of AUL football.
    Getting togged off on the side of pitches or filthy potacabins doesn't exactly put you in a great mindset for a game either.

On the season, we were punished for some poor results, losing twice to our buddies Blackstone and some poor draws but full credit to Kilumney on a solid season, weren't too gracious in defeat at the start of the season but a good team non the less.

Anyway, Congrats to my buddies at Greenwood for getting promoted and also Aidan Long for getting our player of the year (in his first season coming from the B's), I missed the last 6 games cause I headed off to Australia, right wingers are easily replaced in Togher though .....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    There has been a little slagging off of Grattan recently.
    This is unfair to those hard workers who have battled to save the club from extinction. (players and admin)
    Great credit is due to them for saving a good club.
    OK, they got relegated - but at least they have time to regroup over the summer and rebuild.

5. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    I agree with Casilles, his league structure is well thought out, Maybe max 12 teams though. There should be only 1 premier division, Premier A really is a 2nd tier league. So Premier should be the toughest league to get into, not Premier A.

On another note was disappointed with how things went for my old club Ballyvolane, I hope they can keep the club afloat for next season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    [QUOTE=TheRock;1483000]Getting togged off on the side of pitches or filthy potacabins doesn't exactly put you in a great mindset for a game either.

On the season, we were punished for some poor results, losing twice to our buddies Blackstone and some poor draws but full credit to Kilumney on a solid season, weren't too gracious in defeat at the start of the season but a good team non the less.

Rock......haha the term buddies is being used loosely there is it?????

Our manager called yer promotion from as early as the end of last season. Our games are what football should be. Tackles, booking, effing and blinding..........and hands out at the end of it.

Congrats to ye and hopefully the new pitches will be in situ for start of the season

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    well lads the restructuring debate has seen many opinions and some great ideas. On reading I agree with boo on maybe 14 is too many games, could we go 12 and left out of the aoh till the 3rd round? i still believe the Premier A is a disaster of a league. Too many changes in it every year.People are gonna be odd on this but you are either Premier or not! I came up through these channels before any1 says who do i think i am. I think every has agrred that at the very least there shouls be a playoff for the 2nd placed teams in Div 1 and Div 2. Where my thinking on 14 in every secton was it afford 4 changes in the section every year without it been a totaly new group{ 2up, 2 down} i hope to attend the Aul Agm and plan on branching the subject .
    "Build it and they will come"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    It is very difficult - I was writing a long post with my suggestion but half way through I was already picking holes in my own ideas... There are positives and negatives in a lot of different suggestions.
    Last edited by Innishvilla; 06/05/2011 at 1:27 PM.
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    on the issue of increasing the premier league i dont think this would help any club in trying to reach the latter stages of the munster and fai cups,if teams get a good run in the fai or munster junior i think they would have 4 games a week for the last three weeks of the season,Kinsale had a good run in the fai and munster junior cup this year and have 4 matches in a week coming up.i think premier teams entering the aoh in the 3rd or 4th round is a good idea

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Sad to see Ballyv go down this year and hope to see them regroup for next year. Also want to wish Colm mac a quick recovery after breaking his leg playing for them, particularly as he is getting married in 2 weeks !!!!!!!!!!
    On the league set ups i think there should be changes as i agree their should be only one prem division, and agree that more than one from the diff leagues should be promoted. You look at killreen and douglas, lost one game each (i think) and only one will go up ????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    True Horse, always tough games, a good rivalry that we usually don't take much from. 3-1 down the bog last year was the only decent result for us. That was a sweet one, went one down in all.
    Its funny really, a true bogey fixture that we rarely do ourselves justice.
    Matches like those are ones I'll miss over here.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Blackstone rvs 1 kilumney 2

Well congratulations to Kilumney on there league victory, looking forward to playing yereselves and greenwood next year. On the game blackstone could really and should have been 3/4 up by half time. Scored in the first 5 mins and had great chances to increase there lead but didn't rake them. Kilumney equalised after a dropped ball was headed in by Kearney . 2nd half totally different. The visitors took the lead and had a few chances to kill the game off with twice hitting the cross bar. Finished 2-1 and a big night out ovens way tonight !!!

Park 3 Wilton 3

Leeside p17 pts 36
    Wilton p16 pts 36
    Blarney st p17 pts 31
    Kinsale p11 pts 29
    Coachford p17 pts 27

on this reading I can only see 1 winner, can Kinsale make it a historic triple!!!
    Last edited by casilles; 07/05/2011 at 5:46 PM. Reason: extra extra read all about it!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Went to watch first leg of county cup semi final today. Our B's against Ballincollig. Finished 1-1, weather conditions very poor, affected the game.
    Would be confident that we'd take it in second leg next week.
    Just saw Wilton held away to Park, Kinsale are now a cert. Not unless something very strange happens.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Would be interested to see who Kinsale have left to play. I know they have to play ourselves and Wilton. Anyone know the other games??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casilles View Post

Blackstone rvs 1 kilumney 2

Well congratulations to Kilumney on there league victory, looking forward to playing yereselves and greenwood next year. On the game blackstone could really and should have been 3/4 up by half time. Scored in the first 5 mins and had great chances to increase there lead but didn't rake them. Kilumney equalised after a dropped ball was headed in by Kearney . 2nd half totally different. The visitors took the lead and had a few chances to kill the game off with twice hitting the cross bar. Finished 2-1 and a big night out ovens way tonight !!!
    Yeah, first half spot on. Left at half time but the lads seem disapointed in the result after a really good performance.

Our pitch was out of action this week and Fairview and ourselves each played a game on the pitch next door. Crescent & Blarney Street couldnt have been nicer. Our league is alive and well when we have clubs like those.

On the league, I suppose top 2 is about right. Both went on long unbeaten runs. Pearse & Bohs had opposite seasons with a strong half each. We would put ourselves and Kanturk pretty even with those two. Leeds lost a few in January, as did Castleview. They seemed to struggle a bit from there. Village played some nice ball as did Glenthorn but just didnt amass enough points.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebooboys View Post
    Would be interested to see who Kinsale have left to play. I know they have to play ourselves and Wilton. Anyone know the other games??
    Away to Blarney Street
    Think they might have park twice
    Home Wilton
    Away Leeside
    Away Knockavilla???

I'm sure Shilts can tell us.

If Wilton and Leeside both beat them, it may take only one other slip up (park, blarney street away?) for Kinsale to be dragged back.
    To be honest though, they look a certainty.

Who else have Wilton left other than Kinsale?
    Last edited by pacman; 07/05/2011 at 8:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    Who else have Wilton left other than Kinsale?
    Home to Coachford Tuesday at 7pm ( Farranlee Road )
    Last edited by junglegym; 08/05/2011 at 11:02 AM.
    To escape criticism ~
    do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Macroom 0
    Kinsale 2

Home to Grattan
    Away to Leeside
    Away to Blarney Street
    Away to Ballyvolane
    Away to Park
    Home to Wilton

A lot of football still to be played!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Man in the middle/Padjoe, one for ye. We had a situation where one of the Attackers shouted "Leave it" in the box. The ref said it was up to his discretion if it was an offence or not. I thought it was an offence in all cases?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    Man in the middle/Padjoe, one for ye. We had a situation where one of the Attackers shouted "Leave it" in the box. The ref said it was up to his discretion if it was an offence or not. I thought it was an offence in all cases?
    If he is deemed to have put off an opposition players by doing so it's a free. that rule changed. You can say leave it if you want but it's unsporting behaviour to put a player off by doing so.