Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Latest Scores July 2nd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts

I seen a bunch of Rovers fans beating up a black crippled unionist Elephant outsde a Centra before

Shocking stuff
    Here on a technicality.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Any more accusations of assault or battery, among other things, need to be backed up by evidence - be it a newspaper report, a photo, a video - whatever. Otherwise, it's libellous. That's not us being nasty because we want to close our eyes to this kind of stuff; that's just the law of the country.

Any more posts along that line and this thread will be locked. I'm already close enough to doing so cos of the amount of crap - almost entirely by Sligo fans - that's been posted already.
    Suprised it has'nt been closed already. Snooze fest already at this state stu.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Thanks for that deep contribution. If you find it boring, post in other threads.

Partysaint - for the love of God, don't try start them off again!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post

I seen a bunch of Rovers fans beating up a black crippled unionist Elephant outsde a Centra before

Shocking stuff
    Do you have a source for this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    Do you have a source for this?
    Jim told him, true story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Having watched MNS last night 1: yes Peers deserved to be sent off. 2: yes the ball did cross the line for Turner's goal. 3: yes Russell was fouled in the box and should have had a penalty. 4; yes if Sligo are ever struggling for goals, Alan Keane would make a fine centre forward with heading ability like that!!
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Just wait for the Shams penalty from Winter in the second half. If they can't win it on their own well by God Winter will do all in his power to help them out.
    Have you reconsidered your view on this match now Dong after seeing MNS last night?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuyahoga View Post
    Have you reconsidered your view on this match now Dong after seeing MNS last night?

Yes and no. I made the comments before the game as I know Winter courts controversey at every opportunity.

My opinion of Winter as a poor Referee hasn't changed. The level of paranoia among some of the Sligo fans on here can be over the top at times for sure but Winter has a history of biased decision making in the Showgrounds and he hardly changed his ways on this occasion. There is no doubt in my mind that he should have awarded us a clear penalty and there is a litany of stuff like that involving him that would sicken you as well if you had witnessed it over the last couple of seasons.

Last season's game in the Showgrounds springs to mind as an example where he was very quick to spot a handball from a free kick where a player was charging down the free. It was a penalty but how is he so eagle eyed when it comes to awarding these things and then misses something as blatant as the Russell incident?
    Having said that, Peers deserved to go, the ball was over the line and we missed a skip of chances which, had we scored them, would have certainly reduced the amount of hysteria surrounding the game from some fans.

My feeling was, and still is, that the same stuff will happen anytime we play the hoops and whatever chance we have is lost when he is in charge.

Some will say he is just incompetent but I truly believe he has some sort of an agenda at this stage. Maybe I am as paranoid as the rest but there you go.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Also its hard to judge the Peers tackle on its merits when an equally bad tackle IMO on Ndo was committed by Murphy in the first ten minutes and yet he only received a yellow card.
    Taken Peers tackle out of context it was a red card but in the context of the whole game it was not deserving a red card because it was blatantly inconsistant with other similar tackles most notably Murphys tackle.
    From the video analysis it looks like the second goal was a goal for Shams, from where I was standing I cant comment tbh.
    As for Russell being brought down in the box it was blatantly a stone wall penalty.
    Whether Rovers fans here are right with all their complaints on Winters or not is up for debate but what is certain is that if Winters did referee the match in an impartial manner it wouldnt have been 3 points to shams.
    Anyways as is football, sets up the semi-final nicely and I am expecting a big crowd for it with all the talk around the town after the last game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    I hate to say it, but some comfort for Sligo fans will come on Friday night, can't see us staying within 2 goals of ye after our recent performances
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567