Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    3b cup final lisnagry 3 newport 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Shannon Town playing Ballylanders on Saturday evening at 6.30 for second place promotion play off....

From what we heard there is apparently 4 teams going up this year anyway because of a restructuring of the league? Any truth in this?

Also noted that Moyross are down as relegated on the table on the Limerick Junior Soccer website......is it for definite that they relegated them I wonder?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    [QUOTE=Decisionmaker;1485003]Shannon Town playing Ballylanders on Saturday evening at 6.30 for second place promotion play off....

From what we heard there is apparently 4 teams going up this year anyway because of a restructuring of the league? Any truth in this?

lisnagry wer told that aswell and from what i hear they are promoting three or four teams in few leagues because some B teams are being
    pulled out.where is this match being played

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisionmaker View Post
    lisnagry wer told that aswell and from what i hear they are promoting three or four teams in few leagues because some B teams are being
    pulled out.where is this match being played
    Ya there is supposed to be a good few teams going up alright.

Not all teams will agree to go up though. Charleville didn't agree to go up last season because Caherdavin B who finished behind them in the league went up before they pulled out. I was also told division 4 might be completely gone. Dromore probably won't have a B team next season, Cals B too as their players will be playing for their A team so thats two teams gone straight away, Mungret C's manager isn't looking after them next season and they can struggle with GAA the odd time. Then as you say there might be other clubs pulling out B and C teams, most likely for not having the players or people to look after them and then there is the cost of entering them too.

Going to be a big shake up i'd say. There are always teams that come in as well though and put together cracking teams. Look at prospect B this season.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 12/05/2011 at 9:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Shannon Town playing Ballylanders on Saturday evening at 6.30 for second place promotion play off....

Also noted that Moyross are down as relegated on the table on the Limerick Junior Soccer website......is it for definite that they relegated them I wonder?
    Best of luck to ye saturday night. win it and ye dont need to worry about other teams going up and decisions league make.. were is the game on..
    makes a mockery of league& teams playing play-offs if league then promotes 3-4 teams but again it seems to happen every year in limerick.

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Yeah its a bit strange that you have a promotion play off when there are going to put 4 teams up anyway!

The game is on in Shannon at half 6 on Saturday. There was a toss of a coin in Limerick on Tuesday to decide who would have home advantage.....neither team was allowed have anyone in attendance for some reason. Ballylanders looked to have it changed straight away to Sunday at 4 but we could not accommdate that....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Yeah its a bit strange that you have a promotion play off when there are going to put 4 teams up anyway!

The game is on in Shannon at half 6 on Saturday. There was a toss of a coin in Limerick on Tuesday to decide who would have home advantage.....neither team was allowed have anyone in attendance for some reason. Ballylanders looked to have it changed straight away to Sunday at 4 but we could not accommdate that....

Had always thought playoffs where on in Jackman Park. Pity its not cause it would have been something for ye to look forward to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Yep its a real pity.....as soon as we heard it was a play off we were full sure we'd be playing there.....

Dont think there is any of our players who have played in there so would of been nice end of year treat.....just have to console ourselves with pints after the match on Saturday evening in The Crossroads instead :P

Next year hopefully

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

shocking that league can toss a coin for such a big game and neither teams allowed to witness it . also game should be played at jackman park as all play-offs usually played their. i'm sure if your manager / chairman pushed for jackman park league might agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Only reason I can see for them not putting it on in Jackman Park is because there seems to be a two other promotion / relegation play off's scheduled for Saturday evening too.....

The other two fixtures in Division 2 B have the venue down as T.B.C, same as our's against Ballylanders was.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Only reason I can see for them not putting it on in Jackman Park is because there seems to be a two other promotion / relegation play off's scheduled for Saturday evening too.....

The other two fixtures in Division 2 B have the venue down as T.B.C, same as our's against Ballylanders was.....
    i think with cup finals, prmotion play offs, relegation play offs there was a backlog to use the pitch. i'm pretty sure in geraldines b v carew park they were told they could wait a few weeks to play in jackman or to toss a coin to select a pitch and play the game sooner. which they did

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

could have waited a week or so !! or even played at a neuteral venue.. at least ye dont have to travel out to ballylanders for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    could have waited a week or so !! or even played at a neuteral venue.. at least ye dont have to travel out to ballylanders for it.
    Well to be honest and fair about it Ballylanders are right to be annoyed, i'm sure if Shannon had to travel out there they would have been annoyed too, this or any playoff should be played at a netrual venue, how can LDMC make a silly decision like this and then not allow the teams to witness the so called toss of a coin, there are plenty of pitches available in Limerick so there is no excuse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinder64 View Post
    Well to be honest and fair about it Ballylanders are right to be annoyed, i'm sure if Shannon had to travel out there they would have been annoyed too, this or any playoff should be played at a netrual venue, how can LDMC make a silly decision like this and then not allow the teams to witness the so called toss of a coin, there are plenty of pitches available in Limerick so there is no excuse
    agree with you game should be played at jackman park or a neutral venue . as already said how the ldmc can toss a coin for home advantage with neither team present is shocking.. at the end of the day it is up to ballylanders to put in complaint/ objection if they are that annoyed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    agree with you game should be played at jackman park or a neutral venue . as already said how the ldmc can toss a coin for home advantage with neither team present is shocking.. at the end of the day it is up to ballylanders to put in complaint/ objection if they are that annoyed.
    Somewhere in the city would have been perfect. Neither have to make an extra long trip and nobody has home advantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

would reason for request for game to be changed untill sunday at 4pm . have anything to do with gaa junior A football league sat night 19.15 pm castletown/ballyagran v ballylanders hmmmm .. could be a handy game for ye now Decisiomaker !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Yeah I wont lie I sorta googled the Ballylanders GAA fixtures straight and spotted that on Wednesday morning :P but the decision was made straight away when the change was requested.....there was no consultation at all and the club just made the decision straight away.

But i wouldnt take anything for granted though as Ballylanders are a good team and hammered us the last time they came out to Shannon...

Re Grinder 64: You're right we would of not been happy having to travel to Ballylanders at all specially on a Saturday evening ...think they have every right to be annoyed....we were fairly annoyed over that fact that we couldn't witness the coin toss....We would of been more than happy with a neutral venue in the city and I think they would have too but sure that is the LDMC's decision....nonetheless looking forward to tomorrows night match and hope we end the season on a high....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Yeah I wont lie I sorta googled the Ballylanders GAA fixtures straight and spotted that on Wednesday morning :P but the decision was made straight away when the change was requested.....there was no consultation at all and the club just made the decision straight away.

But i wouldnt take anything for granted though as Ballylanders are a good team and hammered us the last time they came out to Shannon...

Re Grinder 64: You're right we would of not been happy having to travel to Ballylanders at all specially on a Saturday evening ...think they have every right to be annoyed....we were fairly annoyed over that fact that we couldn't witness the coin toss....We would of been more than happy with a neutral venue in the city and I think they would have too but sure that is the LDMC's decision....nonetheless looking forward to tomorrows night match and hope we end the season on a high....

Good luck tonight Decisionmaker, cant see ye being beaten and its not Shannons fault Ballylanders have a football match

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Heroes View Post
    Ex Coonagh players don't retire, they just grow old disgracefully
    R.I.P Freddie......a legend and a gent........most of all a great great manager. Prospect and Coonagh have lost a friend.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314