Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ivory Coast : Cheats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Ivory Coast : Cheats

Watching them last night made my blood boil. The number 9 behaved like an animal and the no 18 that got Kaka se
    sent off should be banned. They are a disgrace. Its no wonder Drogba and Ebouie are always diving around
    in England

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den Perry View Post
    Watching them last night made my blood boil. The number 9 behaved like an animal and the no 18 that got Kaka se
    sent off should be banned. They are a disgrace. Its no wonder Drogba and Ebouie are always diving around
    in England

And kaka............

And did you see the Italians................

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    You can never just agree with a blatantly obvious statement can you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    That Kader Keita made a meal of it is irrelevant, Kaká deliberately stuck his elbow out. He was already on a yellow card. What did he expect was going to happen?

I find it funny that one particular team is being singled out for cheating. The Greek guy who was involved in the Nigerian sending off was Keita's equal in dramatics. There's been loads of other incidents in this tournament where players have over-reacted to challenges or other players have been deliberately fouling. For example, anyone see Rory Fallon and his elbows against Italy yesterday?

This is just the way has gone in recent years.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    If anything, Keira ran into Kaka's elbow, and it's not like he drove the point of his elbow into Keita's skull, People's Elbow style. Contact was minimal, in the chest, and Keita went down holding his head.
    With the World Cup, the eyes of the world are on football at the moment, and incidents like this are only going to tarnish the game further in the eyes of those who have no interest in it.
    FFS Comedy Central are running ads with the line "if you're bored of watching men fall down, why not watch these men stand up" for their shows!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    You can never just agree with a blatantly obvious statement can you?

and your point is..............................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    That Kader Keita made a meal of it is irrelevant, Kaká deliberately stuck his elbow out. He was already on a yellow card. What did he expect was going to happen?
    there was no deliberate movement of kakas elbow towards the ivory coast player. the ivory player went to kaka looking for trouble and his reaction after was pathetic. the brazilians are no saints either but the sending off was ludicrous. the ref didnt even see it but took the ivory coast players at their word that kaka had elbowed your man in the face, unbelievable!
    Last edited by jbyrne; 21/06/2010 at 9:47 AM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    and your point is..............................
    That you could just have agreed with an obvious statement!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Couldn't disagree more with superfrank, jbyrne is bang on. Kaka saw the guy running into him out of the corner of his eye and put his arm up as a buffer, pure instinct. No rational person could interpret what Kaka did as an attempt to strike the Ivorian player, and the replay conclusively proved both that, and the fact that the Ivorian acted disgracefully. The ref neither saw it nor consulted an assistant as far as I could make out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    That you could just have agreed with an obvious statement!
    By giving another point.............thats its a bit rich for players who dive a lot themselves to moan about getting sent off by diving - this shows that the refs are not solely to blame. Its time FIFA protected the refs never mind the players. They should send that fella from cameroon (and italy) home - thats a strong message that would put a quick end to the diving

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    There were 2 very very bad tackles by IC which could have been straight reds, the 2nd Brazil goal involved 2 handballs, some terrible decisions apart from that but I thought the red was justified, the over-reaction of the IC player should be dealt with subsequently by FIFA, a one game ban would sort it out.
    Kaka raised his elbow, instinctive or not he raised his elbow and caught the guy so it was a booking, he was already booked so the red was fair enough imo.

Probably the worst ref'd game of the tournament so far, generally I think the standard has been pretty high.
    "Your guilty conscience may move you to vote Democratic, but deep down you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king"
    Sideshow Bob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I find it funny that one particular team is being singled out for cheating. The Greek guy who was involved in the Nigerian sending off was Keita's equal in dramatics. There's been loads of other incidents in this tournament where players have over-reacted to challenges or other players have been deliberately fouling. For example, anyone see Rory Fallon and his elbows against Italy yesterday?

This is just the way has gone in recent years.
    the way he "stuck his elbow out" was the action of a man who clearly did not want to get involved. he was walking away when the other bloke went for him. In my opi nion he could have done no more than he did to stay away from trouble.

In addition, Kaka may dive to win frees etc, but that is in no way as despicable as feigning injury to get a player sent off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Keita should get a 5 game ban. I'm sick and tired of the playacting and FIFA need to make an example of him. Italy were no better. They tried their hardest to get Fallon sent off the *******

The ref and linesman didn't see the Kaka incident so who made the call? 4th official or did the ref react to the reaction from Drogba and co?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    Keita should get a 5 game ban. I'm sick and tired of the playacting and FIFA need to make an example of him. Italy were no better. They tried their hardest to get Fallon sent off the *******

The ref and linesman didn't see the Kaka incident so who made the call? 4th official or did the ref react to the reaction from Drogba and co?
    I agree. Five game ban at the very least. I actually thought Drogba was innocent of any involvement last night though?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Kaka saw the guy running into him out of the corner of his eye and put his arm up as a buffer, pure instinct. No rational person could interpret what Kaka did as an attempt to strike the Ivorian player, and the replay conclusively proved both that, and the fact that the Ivorian acted disgracefully.
    I didn't call it a strike and I don't disagree that Keita over-reacted.

You said yourself Kaká saw the guy in the corner of his eye. He knew Keita was running at him. He could have stepped back but he put up his elbow in the hope that Keita would run into it and it's no surprise Keita did. Kaká was on a yellow and should have had more sense. Getting worked up by your opponents is schoolboy stuff.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den Perry View Post
    I agree. Five game ban at the very least. I actually thought Drogba was innocent of any involvement last night though?
    I might be being harsh on Drogba. I know he was chatting to Kaka about it.

Imagine trying to pull a stunt like that on a Sunday morning or at a 5 a side league? You'd either a) get ridiculed for months on end by your mates or b) get the **** kicked out of by the opposition players. This needs sorting out now. I'm sick of it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    And there was no diving by Brazilian players? Lucio and Luis Fabiano didn't spend the whole game throwing themselves to the ground? Oh, sorry. It's Brazil. They're immune from any criticism because they played good football in the 1970s and 80s, with occasional flashes since.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    I didn't call it a strike and I don't disagree that Keita over-reacted.

You said yourself Kaká saw the guy in the corner of his eye. He knew Keita was running at him. He could have stepped back but he put up his elbow in the hope that Keita would run into it and it's no surprise Keita did. Kaká was on a yellow and should have had more sense. Getting worked up by your opponents is schoolboy stuff.
    so if it wasnt a strike what was it? i'll tell you, it was nothing more than him putting (not even raising) his elbows to his side to protect himself. why should he step back? i wonder did you even see the incident. have a look at this and tell me this even nearly deserved a yellow..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJrHi1oUG-4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The only way to stop people diving and faking injuries is to bring in retrospective punishment. The referee clearly had a very bad night, two really bad decisions that changed a game.

Originally I though that Keita deliberatley ran towards Kaka, but the replays show he was just jogging along looking the wrong way, but heading straight towards Kaka. Kaka probably saw this as a player coming to cause trouble and leaned into the oncoming Keita. Keita(minding his own business) suddenly gets an elbow/shoulder check, and while its still a bit pathetic, goes down like a sack of spuds like most modern players would do, complete with face holding for extra effect.

Its all just a nothing incident which is only being talked about because Keita decided to make a meal of it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...10/8750797.stm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    The referee was 100% right to brandish the yellow card, it is an off the ball incident, Kaka had no need to do it, he deliberately stopped Keita and deserves a card for this, I am baffled by people saying he was unlucky.

21. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast