Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ivory Coast : Cheats

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    The referee was 100% right to brandish the yellow card, it is an off the ball incident, Kaka had no need to do it, he deliberately stopped Keita and deserves a card for this, I am baffled by people saying he was unlucky.

Ss some one else mentioned - try this in a sunday league game and see what reation you would get - no need for diving in what is meant to be a contact sport. Get real

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    These 'hold my face and gyrate on the grass' types need banning, for two reasons:

1. It's deception, and the target is the referee.
    2. It's fu**ing embarassing to watch. How these guys don't feel like utter pansies is beyond me but I suspect they feel like tactical geniuses.

I'd suggest that kind of behaviour falls under the 'bringing the game into disrepute' category.

3. Thanks From:

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    there was no deliberate movement of kakas elbow towards the ivory coast player. the ivory player went to kaka looking for trouble and his reaction after was pathetic. the brazilians are no saints either but the sending off was ludicrous. the ref didnt even see it but took the ivory coast players at their word that kaka had elbowed your man in the face, unbelievable!
    You're listening too much to the RTE Panel. I would almost guarantee you that the call was made by the linesman or third official with whom he would have contact with. If he thought he elbowed him in the face, why wasn't it a straight red? That said, if he knew it wasn't in the face why wasn't the IC player booked but then nearly every player from each team would have to been booked for play acting.

Interesting though that many here who have seen the slow motion still have different views. I thought it was a slight dig by Kaka in the ribs of the IC player. Tough job for the ref and his assistants then,
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    The referee was 100% right to brandish the yellow card, it is an off the ball incident, Kaka had no need to do it, he deliberately stopped Keita and deserves a card for this, I am baffled by people saying he was unlucky.
    oh please, he is not obliged to get out of the way at all. kaka just stood his ground and the ivory player knew exactly what he was doing. someone doing the birdie dance in the vicinity of the ivory coast player would be a far more agressive act than what kaka did

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    I would almost guarantee you that the call was made by the linesman or third official with whom he would have contact with.
    I assumed this to be the case too.

In my opinion, Kaka knew he was coming, and raised an elbow to make Keita think twice about running at him. Keita kept running (maybe he was even delighted to see the elbow) and the contact happened. Ridiculous exaggeration and deception by Keita, but still stupidity by Kaka for doing what he did, especially on a yellow card.

Also, given that the Ivory Coast need Brazil to beat Portugal, I'm not sure it's in their best interests to see Kaka suspended.

Finally, what we saw last night wasn't any different to incidents we 've seen before, and will again. Luis Fabiano was guilty of the same deception just before that incident when he went down clutching his right leg in agony whan replays showed there had been no contact with the leg at all. I actually thought that as much as the Ivory Coast were putting in niggling tackles, Brazil wanted to portray themselves as the victims of niggling tackles at every opportunity.
    Last edited by osarusan; 21/06/2010 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyCakes View Post
    And there was no diving by Brazilian players? Lucio and Luis Fabiano didn't spend the whole game throwing themselves to the ground? Oh, sorry. It's Brazil. They're immune from any criticism because they played good football in the 1970s and 80s, with occasional flashes since.
    Nothing to do with Brazil being immune from criticism. However, they did not behave like the animal that no 9 was last night and while all play acting is despicable, some is done to earn a free, kill a bit of time, However what that IC No 18 did was plainly to get an opponent sent off. I hope that bloke gets a long suspension for his actions.

In addition, I cannot see what Kaka could have done to avoid the cheat. Kaka was not aggressive in any way. If some bloke is hurtling towards you, are you supposed to let him knock you over?
    Last edited by Den Perry; 21/06/2010 at 1:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Maybe just step out of his way?
    "Your guilty conscience may move you to vote Democratic, but deep down you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king"
    Sideshow Bob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by endabob1 View Post
    Maybe just step out of his way?
    and I think that's what he did do.He didn't even appear to stand his ground. To me it looked like Kaka was stepping out of the way and put is arm back to shield himself

For what its worth I believe what that that IC player did is far more deplorable than Henry's actions in Paris(I'll probably be slated for saying it, I know)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    I'm baffled you see it that way

The Ivorian guy wasn't looking where he was going, Kaka - looking towards the ball - saw him about to run into him out of the corner of his eye and instinctively raised his arm - only by a small bit, making contact at no force whatsoever in the guy's torso somewhere. Ivorian bloke faked that there was force and that it was in his face.

The standard UK pundit quote (just offered by Lee Dixon in context of Swiss game) is "you can't raise your hand". In my mind that's as ludicrous as saying "there was contact" (and by implication a foul). Each case is different, and I think Kaka can't be blamed for "raising his hand" - if he hadn't the Ivorian would have clattered into him. There wasn't even a hint of aggression, malice or anything even remotely malign in it.

The ref clearly didn't see it, didn't seem to take a consultation*, and then offered only a yellow. Bizarre.

* I don't watch RTE over here Owls Fan!

I think I saw it exactly the same way as jbyrne, denperry & others, and agree totally with sullivinho about how a player couldn't be embarrassed by such an act. I really hope FIFA take action even if it is only the same fine they imposed on Rivaldo in 2002.
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 21/06/2010 at 4:26 PM. Reason: said benign instead of malign!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    I think it was a thing of beauty. The only thing more poetic would have it happening to that fecker lucio in the box.

And anyway, should we be reveling in the schadenfreude that sees another frenchman go home early?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12