Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Division 2B 2010/11

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    ano one hear about the new team called northside legacy.they are putting in two teams.dont know what divisions they are going to be in or where they are going to play.they are being supported by a committee,which is maurice quinlivan(.councillor)kevin kiely ex mayor and tom short another councillor,maybe it has something to do with regeneration.any one else hear this.
    Ive heard of them alright. Thought they where called Northline or something but i'd say you've the name right. Heard they are trying to get players from all over the Northside of town. Don't think the LDMC or teams on this side of the city are too happy about it. Especially if they are trying to take the best players from Balla, Moyross etc..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    heard chardavin b will be loosing some key players from there team of last year hopefully they will get in players to re place them ..2b next year too is in it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Wouldn't dispute that midnight. I got it from second hand info. Best of luck this season anyway.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    thanks same applies to ye outside.. are ye going to go up
    with all the new teams coming into the leagues

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    polonia went up too..has anyone a contact for them if so could you please pm me thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Ive heard of them alright. Thought they where called Northline or something but i'd say you've the name right. Heard they are trying to get players from all over the Northside of town. Don't think the LDMC or teams on this side of the city are too happy about it. Especially if they are trying to take the best players from Balla, Moyross etc..
    Any one know who the manager is going to be or where they are going to play.If they have not got their own field they will not be allowed in.Dont really know if the councillors really taught about this,unless they are goin to share with someone.if balla are gone from LIT maybe they are goin in there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    Any one know who the manager is going to be or where they are going to play.If they have not got their own field they will not be allowed in.Dont really know if the councillors really taught about this,unless they are goin to share with someone.if balla are gone from LIT maybe they are goin in there.
    i heard they are going to be using shels old pitch LPYMA but not 100 %

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    heard chardavin b will be loosing some key players from there team of last year hopefully they will get in players to re place them ..2b next year too is in it
    Only saw this comment now. Ya Caherdavin B will most likely be pulled from 3A or 2B, whichever division they where supposed to be in, unless they get a new manager and pull in some players.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Only saw this comment now. Ya Caherdavin B will most likely be pulled from 3A or 2B, whichever division they where supposed to be in, unless they get a new manager and pull in some players.
    It's sad to say, but there's not much chance of that happening. It's one of the least appealing clubs to play for in Limerick.

They'll keep struggling to attract/keep people until they get their own permanent pitch and dressing rooms. Which is a shame, because there are some very talented players living in the area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    any body got fixtures or knows when games kick off

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigballs2 View Post
    any body got fixtures or knows when games kick off
    Good Question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Kick off will be between the 19th and 22nd August. 2B will likely be a Saturday or Sunday kick off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i dont believe it! a bit of life in this thread

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well baalbec any new signings this year or anyone coming down from d A's to play B..ye cud profit well from a strong A panel if fellas arent gettin games..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

George, I'm curious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    well baalbec any new signings this year or anyone coming down from d A's to play B..ye cud profit well from a strong A panel if fellas arent gettin games..
    Well George, could we have the pleasure of knowing who you are? Admirer from a far?

Anyway ya added one or two players this year.Going to be a massive squad. But as in previous years everyone has a part to play, be it driving on other fellas in training, or being ready when called upon to make a telling contribution. You know yourself it takes 20plus fellas to win a league.

With regards to A's they have added a couple as well, which is great to see.For too long we have been getting hurt by the GAA boys(and through no fault of their own) when the season comes to a close ,anybody playing county is unavailable.Its a shame but I think management have realized this and put the wheels of change in motion.We are too small a town to be competing with Boro Pike Fairview by only producing local players alone.Its looks like this year will be distinctly different and I for one CAN'T WAIT.Baalbec abu!
    Last edited by Baalbec United; 06/08/2010 at 12:12 PM.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    im just a fan from not too afar..who's bein playin well pre-season..do ye need to streghten anywhere befor d season starts..good to c ye ye've a few games played but havent had d chance to c any yet..ye any games comin up d wkend..good to c d interest is still dere..was allways a place for a b team and good to c it gettin stronger every year from 4a up to 2b

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    im just a fan from not too afar..who's bein playin well pre-season..do ye need to streghten anywhere befor d season starts..good to c ye ye've a few games played but havent had d chance to c any yet..ye any games comin up d wkend..good to c d interest is still dere..was allways a place for a b team and good to c it gettin stronger every year from 4a up to 2b
    if u ask me kilmallock are the team to beat again this year, but then again you will never no!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    There isn't a lot between a lot of the divisions in Limerick. Most of the time if you have a winning team and keep them together they can climb the leagues quick. Coonagh have done it and Moyross are currently doing it and Killmallock aren't far behind. I would fancy Killmallock again this year but i think it will be another tight one in the end. Last season it looked like Killmallock where going to walk it but ended up being a little tighter than that.

If Polia Lumini have a strong team out i think their games with Killmallock will be the best in the league. Having played both teams, they both like to play a bit of ball and are both fit teams.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    There isn't a lot between a lot of the divisions in Limerick. Most of the time if you have a winning team and keep them together they can climb the leagues quick. Coonagh have done it and Moyross are currently doing it and Killmallock aren't far behind. I would fancy Killmallock again this year but i think it will be another tight one in the end. Last season it looked like Killmallock where going to walk it but ended up being a little tighter than that.

If Polia Lumini have a strong team out i think their games with Killmallock will be the best in the league. Having played both teams, they both like to play a bit of ball and are both fit teams.

We'll see .Its going to be a long season and we won't be taking anything for granted , that's for sure. I just hope we start well .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    can anyone confirm that caherdavin b have pulled out of the league just been on the limerick lunior soccer website and they are not
    down to play in any of the first 3 league games
    this would be a pity as they are good football team very young and looked like they were going to climb the league

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast