Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Is Dolan blind?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Is Dolan blind?

Dan Murray is a liability at centre back. We have been dominated physically by every team in the league so far and it has to stop or we could finish in the bottom half of the table quite easily.

Neale Fenn, George O' Callaghan and John O' Flynn do not fit into our strike partnership. George is not a league of Ireland midfielder, in the middle anyway an we need a solution to fit them all in. IMO George on the right, Doyler on the left. Sweeney needs to play in the middle with a new partner. Colin O' Brien just is'nt cutting out there.

Why did'nt you take JOF off when he was blatantly injured. Sort it out before you ruin his career.

We are a poor side who can only look forward to a cup run again this year while Bohs and Shels run away with the league again. Its getting quite depressing to be honest, especially with the money we have spent, to have the same problems as last year.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    George had an excellent game against shels tonight- he's really settling into midfield. Flynn should be given a few U 21 games or something, he's not right yet. I think a few more games are needed for this team to click and iron out the problems, but it does require every player out there to work, which some of them just didn't do tonight.Dan Murray just isn't doing the business at the moment- I think Dolan should make Colin captain,cos Dan just isn't vocal enough at all.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    George tried his heart out but he cant really dominate against such physical teams as Shels. He has to stay in the side but we really need to shake things up.

I watched the game at the St. Annes end for the first time in a long while and it was blatently obvious Flynny should have been taken off we he first pulled up. It looked like a hamstring first but he felt his knee and should have been hauled off straight away to protect his fitness for the future. But what does Dolan do? Leaves him on to just make it worse. If he keeps this up it could be a bad case of deja vu for the next few months.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soko

Colin O' Brien just is'nt cutting out there.

What colin o'brien are you watchin? colin's been our best player by far this season, last night wasn;t his best night but he was still putting tackles in and making an effort
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The whole team are just not strong enough. It was like men against boys and it always is when the Dublin teams come down. They are physically much bigger and stronger and muscle the city lads off the ball. Dolan should have put them on a weight training programme during the close season. And that no drinking ban - ffs. They need a good few couple of Guinness' to build them up.
    When I see the likes of young Waaaaaaterford fella's muscling them off the ball - something's not right

Neil
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigballs
    And that no drinking ban - ffs. They need a good few couple of Guinness' to build them up.
    Yeah I think we need to go back to the old days...
    Bring back Keiran Nagle and Pat Duggan...
    Team talk, a few sangers and a pint in the Shoe about half two... onto the pitch finishing off yer Taytos and away we go.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Neil boy

Those old fellas would kick the **** out of this new bunch. The only league title that City ever won and the team was full of battlers. Not like that no more. You can't win the LOI without a few fellas who can look after themselves.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jesus lads talk about over-reacting.

Dan Murray made one stinker of a mistake for his first og. The second one was just bad luck. Besides that Shels didnt really have much on target. I think Devine had one other save to make. Williams only had two saves to make, one from Georgie, one from Fenn.

The match was a tough but even game except for two lucky goals for Shels. I dont think we played that badly last ngiht even.
    Oh no not them again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    Team talk, a few sangers and a pint in the Shoe about half two... onto the pitch finishing off yer Taytos and away we go.
    I know yeah, what's this professionalism ****e about. Let's get rid of Pat Dolan, Georgie, Flynny, Fenn etc. and go back to the way it was in the good old days.
    Champions!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    I know yeah, what's this professionalism ****e about. Let's get rid of Pat Dolan, Georgie, Flynny, Fenn etc. and go back to the way it was in the good old days.
    When we used to win things, yeah dead right.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It was a dreadful performance, and there is no defending it. And fair play to Dolan he didn't try to. His interview on red was honest and forthright and he didn't try to pull the wool over our eyes with the usual propaganda nonsense. Credit where its due. Now lets see the words become action

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If there was a doubt about mick devine last nite b4 the game why wasnt mcnulty on the bench?? it seems a little strange that we seem to have a serious doubt about a player b4 most games so far this season but they always end up playing, cant get the wool out of my eyes

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    Quote Originally Posted by COLM

Sorry to break up your little love in lads, but i think the guybwas having a joke, you know like, a bit of fun, a larrrf, a "lets not take everything so seriously that we will all end up in hospital with blood pressure".

Talk about over reactions

If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think George had his best game i;ve seen this year but maybe that not saying much. IMO George is exactly whats needed in the middle for toughing it out with shel$ as needs omeone to pass the ball badly.

Doyle not great in midfield but probably a resulkt of dire game.

Was clear Flynn wanted to play on thru injury but he shouldn't be making those decisions.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!