Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Damn Horns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    They said it on sky sports news about an hour ago, i have no link but im sure they will repeat it
    Ahhh

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Did you see it ?
    Ahhh

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,350 Posts
    Nope. And there's still nothing on their site, so I doubt it was an official announcement or anything. If it was on Sky, I'd say they just rang and asked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Alright, they did say it though. . Im used to it now so i wouldn't really mind them
    Ahhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I did some maths on this. If everyone in a 45000 crowd has one (Are they given out free in the ground? Don't know that), and if everyone blows on it once for two seconds as a "What's this sound like?" experiment, you'd have 16 horns on average going off at any one time. That's if everyone just blows once, realises they're crap and puts them away.

There's so many of the fecking things in the grounds that you can leave them alone for 95% of the time and yet there's still a massive amount of them going off at any one time.
    Phew. The LoI is safe.
    You can't spell failure without FAI

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Bunch of Brazilians walking up Harcourt st this afternoon. There was only about 20 of them in the end, but sounded like an army of them with the damn vuvussssss

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    It's annoying for sure, but no more annoying than the clownish synchronised singing you have at games. I used to detest going to Russian matches and being stuck listening to the "choir" who sang their songs throughout the game, trying to look cool in burberry, and totally ignoring the game until there was a goal or near miss. same in many continental leagues that I've had the mis/fortune to be at. But the racket in South Africa, it can only be the locals who were bussed in from townships and made to make it "authentic", it's just not funny after the mess of the Confederations Cup. There's no atmosphere at games.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,010 Posts
    For about 10 seconds after Forlan's penalty tonight, I think there were no vuvuzuelas being blown at all. It seems there are no microphones in the stands (to avoid deafening us all with the blast from the vuvuzuelas) so there was total silence, as the Uruguayan support couldn't be heard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    For about 10 seconds after Forlan's penalty tonight, I think there were no vuvuzuelas being blown at all. It seems there are no microphones in the stands (to avoid deafening us all with the blast from the vuvuzuelas) so there was total silence, as the Uruguayan support couldn't be heard.
    I heard that the Argentinians are buying them all up. Wonder why...

Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    It's annoying for sure, but no more annoying than the clownish synchronised singing you have at games. I used to detest going to Russian matches and being stuck listening to the "choir" who sang their songs throughout the game, trying to look cool in burberry, and totally ignoring the game until there was a goal or near miss. same in many continental leagues that I've had the mis/fortune to be at. But the racket in South Africa, it can only be the locals who were bussed in from townships and made to make it "authentic", it's just not funny after the mess of the Confederations Cup. There's no atmosphere at games.
    Au Contraire, I've been to 2 games and there's been a great atmosphere, different than watching a game in Europe, but different does not necessarily mean bad. There is a lot of people going to games for the first time, it's a been marketed as a once in a life time event, so a lot of non-football fans are at the games, but that's the case at every big tournament.
    As for it being the locals bussed in from townships, I can guarantee you that the majority of vu-vu's being blown are tourists, the locals know how & when to blow them!
    "Your guilty conscience may move you to vote Democratic, but deep down you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king"
    Sideshow Bob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,376 Posts
    A guy I work with is blind, and he commented that, to him, the vuvuzelas just sound like one noise on repeat, there's no variation in pitch and tone to him.
    It does make the games harder to enjoy for him, because at some points they drown out the commentator.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Did anybody else hear the argentia fans singing for about 5 seconds. . It was brilliant
    Ahhh

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have been to 3 of the games and the sound seems worse on TV than actually being there. I don't see any problem with them in games once they are left in Africa.
    They are annoying in pubs after the games when people are drunk allright. And it's cheap to get drunk out there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finbarrk View Post
    I have been to 3 of the games and the sound seems worse on TV than actually being there. I don't see any problem with them in games once they are left in Africa.
    They are annoying in pubs after the games when people are drunk allright. And it's cheap to get drunk out there!

Sad to admit but that was very much me after France v Uruguay, I did take a break from blowing it to shout "CHEAT" at random French people, if that helps my defence....
    "Your guilty conscience may move you to vote Democratic, but deep down you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king"
    Sideshow Bob

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Just noticed last night that they try to do some sort of choon with them now.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finbarrk View Post
    Agreed, of the 4 games I was at I only really found the Portugal v North Korea one any way irritating and that was mainly because people were trying to improvise with them and make tunes where it clearly wasn't possible. Videos that I recorded on my camera as well sound awful on play back so I think tv does seem to make them sound worse than they actually are.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yesterdays England game had the least of them of all the games I have seen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast