Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Half-term predictions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by **FrOsTy** View Post
    1. Waterford - Had our bad patch. Signed 2/3 Players who could be very good (Barrett, Murphy)

2. Derry - Every team hits the wall at some stage. Derry have a good starting 11 but there bench wouldn't inspire with confidence a few injuries or the sale of mcclean could be the downfall.

3. Limerick - Living up to their potential. Should be rewarded with a play-off spot.

4. Shels - Matthews to keep them in steady shape but the players arent up to scratch. Something will have to come in during the window.

5. Mons- Very good opening to the season. Squad is far to small to compete for the rest of the season though.

6. Cork - Novelty seeming to ware off down in the X. Crowds falling every week. 4 5 1 formations don't work.

7. Athlone - Don't conceed many goals. Don't score enough though. Nice mid table finish wont be in any trouble of relegation.

8. Longford - Same as above

9. Harps - Lack quality.

10. Wexford - Will die off like other years.

11. Mervue - Not far off Salthill.

12. Salthill - Simply the worst team to ever play LOI.
    Mad predictions there.

Waterford will not win the league.
    Harps will finish ahead of Longford and Athlone.
    Can't see Shels finishing 4th either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    I cant see anyone finishing above Bohs and Rovers, which leaves 'and the rest'. For us to come 3rd would be a huge achievement and I`d be delighted. For that though, we`ll need to bring in a decent striker and get some cover for central defence. If we get that and stay injury free, we might have a chance. I think Sligo will come strong from July onwards and may push for 4th, where this leaves Pats/Fingal is anyones guess, as both are far too good to finish mid table.

I think there is a huge opportunity for 3rd/4th spot for a side going into form is September for eg, and finishing really strong. Its going to be really really tight.

FAI Cup - Pats ........Lge Cup - Us (and if not I would love it to be Mons for their first ever senior trophy)
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by **FrOsTy** View Post
    1. Waterford - Had our bad patch. Signed 2/3 Players who could be very good (Barrett, Murphy)

2. Derry - Every team hits the wall at some stage. Derry have a good starting 11 but there bench wouldn't inspire with confidence a few injuries or the sale of mcclean could be the downfall.

3. Limerick - Living up to their potential. Should be rewarded with a play-off spot.

4. Shels - Matthews to keep them in steady shape but the players arent up to scratch. Something will have to come in during the window.

5. Mons- Very good opening to the season. Squad is far to small to compete for the rest of the season though.

6. Cork - Novelty seeming to ware off down in the X. Crowds falling every week. 4 5 1 formations don't work.

7. Athlone - Don't conceed many goals. Don't score enough though. Nice mid table finish wont be in any trouble of relegation.

8. Longford - Same as above

9. Harps - Lack quality.

10. Wexford - Will die off like other years.

11. Mervue - Not far off Salthill.

12. Salthill - Simply the worst team to ever play LOI.
    We don't concede many or score many?! Have you checked our for and against column lately?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    I also cant see Derry throwing away a seven point lead.

The Derry team are getting stronger as the league progresses and with the rumoured signing of Celtic centre half Daniel Lafferty and possibly two others from across the water I can only see Derry running away with the league.

As or 2nd place, Monaghan looked a very good side and will be in the play-off with Waterford finishing 3rd.

Limerick to finish 4th but too far behind to hope for a play-off place.
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    We don't concede many or score many?! Have you checked our for and against column lately?
    last 3 games 3 scored 1 conceded Aaron's return of form has been a huge part of that thou, i think we will end up around 6th or 7th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    I also cant see Derry throwing away a seven point lead.

The Derry team are getting stronger as the league progresses and with the rumoured signing of Celtic centre half Daniel Lafferty and possibly two others from across the water I can only see Derry running away with the league.

As or 2nd place, Monaghan looked a very good side and will be in the play-off with Waterford finishing 3rd.

Limerick to finish 4th but too far behind to hope for a play-off place.
    Monaghan have not impressed me in the 2 games this season.
    We beat them 1-0 down there and they were lucky to get out of Finn Park with a 0-0 draw.
    Limerick look a very good side, with pace throughout the side and big physical players.

I would go for Muckers top, Waterford 2nd, Limerick 3rd and Cork to push in the latter series of games for 4th.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    last 3 games 3 scored 1 conceded Aaron's return of form has been a huge part of that thou, i think we will end up around 6th or 7th
    He pulled off a brilliant save in the match against Shels.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Yes we've improved in the last 3 games, but over the course of the season so far we've had no problem scoring and conceding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    He pulled off a brilliant save in the match against Shels.
    Twas a cracker alright, one of the best I've ever seen imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Monaghan have not impressed me in the 2 games this season.
    We beat them 1-0 down there and they were lucky to get out of Finn Park with a 0-0 draw.
    Limerick look a very good side, with pace throughout the side and big physical players.

I would go for Muckers top, Waterford 2nd, Limerick 3rd and Cork to push in the latter series of games for 4th.
    Limerick have certainly improved with a couple of signings, were very poor when we played them in Jackman but good results since. The game in the cross should be interesting. We tend to up our game against the better teams (outplayd Waterford and Derry(2nd half) last time round). Unfortunately it also works the opposite way and we've been poor against 'smaller' teams.

Hopefully we'll bring in a small bit of experience in the break. We also need a striker as we're way too reliant on Cummins.

I think it's very open. Derry should walk away with the league but from there to 6th is wide open.Waterford have been poor of late, a lot will depend on if they're signings gel, Limerick could do well if they keep up the form and Scully doesnt have his annual fight with players, we could finish anywhere from 2nd(unlikely) to 6th. Monaghan and Shels will both be there or there abouts too.

For us, I think the aim has to be a playoff, even though we'd have been more than happy with midtable at the start. Anything that doesnt involve examinership will be a result though.

Optimistic predictions:
    1) Derry
    2)Waterford
    3) Cork City
    4) Limerick
    5) Shels
    6) Monaghan
    7) Harps
    8) Athlone
    9) Longford
    10) Wexford
    11) Mervue
    12) Salthill

It's a mad league though, anyone can beat anyone, should be interesting anyway. If it did happen would lead to a cracker of a promotion playoff with a sell out crowd Id imagine at the RSC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12