Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Eddie Out!

Think its gone beyond a joke at this stage, losing 6-0 to the rivals then 5-1 up in sligo and throwing away a 2 goal lead against a managerless sinking ship that is know as Drogheda United. Bray need a new face to come in with new idea's. Experienced managers such as Keely and Rico are hanging about waiting for a job, now i wouldnt think Rico would take it but what would the harm be in bringing in Keely or anybody else for that matter? Its seems that some people at the club are afraid of change but not all change is bad!
    roddy collins should be a comedian!!

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatherman View Post
    Think its gone beyond a joke at this stage, losing 6-0 to the rivals then 5-1 up in sligo and throwing away a 2 goal lead against a managerless sinking ship that is know as Drogheda United. Bray need a new face to come in with new idea's. Experienced managers such as Keely and Rico are hanging about waiting for a job, now i wouldnt think Rico would take it but what would the harm be in bringing in Keely or anybody else for that matter? Its seems that some people at the club are afraid of change but not all change is bad!
    Valid point. You only have to look at Drogheda to see that.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Experienced managers such as Keely and Rico are hanging about waiting for a job, now i wouldnt think Rico would take it but what would the harm be in bringing in Keely or anybody else for that matter?
    Keely's staying with Shels in another role AFAIK. No offense to Bray fans but I can't see too many people looking for the job, it looks like something of a no-win situation.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    I think ye are being slightly unfair towards Gormley. Yes the results have been terrible but you have a first division outfit playing in the Premier and that was never going to go well for ye.

I think that Gormleys done alot for your club and his future should be left up to him. I think he deserves to the end of the season and after that he should decide whether to rebuild or move on.

Hes certainty a good manager and theres alot of clubs that would have him.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    No offense to Bray fans but I can't see too many people looking for the job, it looks like something of a no-win situation.
    No offense taken.

You're right though - not many people would be interested in taking the job.
    This season was always going to be an uphill struggle and luck certainly hasn't been on our side at times.

But we do have some good players.
    Might be worth leaving Eddie in place til next season.
    Chances are we'll be in Div I and at least the team (if we can hold on the most of the squad) will have had the year to play together and mount a good challenge for promotion straight back up.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran Burke View Post
    I think ye are being slightly unfair towards Gormley. Yes the results have been terrible but you have a first division outfit playing in the Premier and that was never going to go well for ye.

I think that Gormleys done alot for your club and his future should be left up to him. I think he deserves to the end of the season and after that he should decide whether to rebuild or move on.
    Yeah but you could say UCD also have a 1st division squad but look at what some good management and encouragement can do! yeah Eddie has done alot for Bray but that doesnt mean he deserves till the end of the season? IMO he's not a good manager, too many times he's got things wrong, picking the wrong players, tactics and these have been proven in the results. Whats the point in thinks bout mounting a challenge in the 1st next year? yeah chances are bray will get relegated but why not take a risk on a new manger n who knows maybe climb up the table under the new management???

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Yeah...we might - but then again we might not.
    Eddie might turn things around - but then again.....

Changing the manager halfway through the season doesn't always bring about a change in fortunes.

Given the squad we have, do you really see anyone else getting us out of the position we're in?

Apologies for sounding defeatist, but I'd be inclined to stick with what we've got and plan for next season.

/my2cents

12. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    Yeah but you could say UCD also have a 1st division squad
    No you couldn't. We had a First Division squad last year maybe, but we're a year further down the line than ye if nothing else. A year extra experience - positive (winning) experience at that, in an environment where you could make mistakes - makes a big difference. (Not to mention that we won the A League in 2008, so our youth players were better than yours to begin with).

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaJon View Post
    Yeah...we might - but then again we might not.
    Eddie might turn things around - but then again.....

Changing the manager halfway through the season doesn't always bring about a change in fortunes.

Given the squad we have, do you really see anyone else getting us out of the position we're in?

Apologies for sounding defeatist, but I'd be inclined to stick with what we've got and plan for next season.

/my2cents
    Yet certain other people (not you) will tell us that other managers in other leagues need to go during a season so the club could plan for next season etc etc but with Bray it's we should stick with Eddie because what can he do with the players he has. Load of bull and anyone who sees Bray week in week out and thinks a new man couldn't get more out of the players are off their rocker. Getting beaten as we are and turning in performances like we have been are not down totally to the squad we have. It's plain as day Eddie has lost the players and should do the honourable thing and step aside.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    No you couldn't. We had a First Division squad last year maybe, but we're a year further down the line than ye if nothing else. A year extra experience - positive (winning) experience at that, in an environment where you could make mistakes - makes a big difference. (Not to mention that we won the A League in 2008, so our youth players were better than yours to begin with).
    Totally disagree. You have a first division squad compared to the other squads in the league. The difference is you have a manager and staff who play football the right way and also he is getting the best out of the players. You think Gormley would have you in the same position you are now?
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B View Post
    Yet certain other people (not you) will tell us that other managers in other leagues need to go during a season so the club could plan for next season etc etc but with Bray it's we should stick with Eddie because what can he do with the players he has. Load of bull and anyone who sees Bray week in week out and thinks a new man couldn't get more out of the players are off their rocker. Getting beaten as we are and turning in performances like we have been are not down totally to the squad we have. It's plain as day Eddie has lost the players and should do the honourable thing and step aside.
    Maybe you're right Rafa.
    That's only my opinion though.

And, true, I've only started going to matches this season, so the rest of you on this thread undoubtedly have a greater knowledge of the team and stuff than I do.

So, if you'd like a change in manager who would you appoint?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Maybe you're right Rafa.
    That's only my opinion though.

And, true, I've only started going to matches this season, so the rest of you on this thread undoubtedly have a greater knowledge of the team and stuff than I do.

So, if you'd like a change in manager who would you appoint?
    Not saying i am right just my opinion.

As regards the old chestnut who is out there to appoint that would work on Eddie's wage lets be honest it's just another excuse for not letting Eddie go. The likes of Richardson, Collins are out there and who's to say they would't do it on Eddie's wages???? If you don't ask you don't get. Both love the game and am sure would consider it. Sure what have they to lose?? Pat Dolan might also be another one to ask. We live in different times so one of the three if not all might well consider it.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I agree with you Rafa! Eddie has lost the players and its about time he did step aside before things get worse especially tonight! i can see Bohs getting into double figures. Eddie doesnt even encourage the players, he borderline abuses them being honest. And watch when Bray are losing by 2 goals, he hides in the dug out and sends out Longer to bark the orders.

Supajon, "Changing the manager halfway through the season doesn't always bring about a change in fortunes" but why not take a risk on it and at least have a go at it?? It really is beyond a joke at this stage and whoever thinks he should stay really needs to pull the wool from over their eyes.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Supajon, "Changing the manager halfway through the season doesn't always bring about a change in fortunes" but why not take a risk on it and at least have a go at it?? It really is beyond a joke at this stage and whoever thinks he should stay really needs to pull the wool from over their eyes.
    I can't really answer that.

What I was worried about was if there was no improvement and we continue the way we are for the 2nd half with a new guy in charge.
    Then what for next season?
    Would Eddie or "the new guy" be the better option to lead us back up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I can't really answer that.

What I was worried about was if there was no improvement and we continue the way we are for the 2nd half with a new guy in charge.
    Then what for next season?
    Would Eddie or "the new guy" be the better option to lead us back up?
    Yeah but if Bray are playing bad now for Eddie they will continue to do so untill the end of the season, so it would be worth the risk to appoint somebody else in the hope that he could change it around. IMO the 1st division is getting stronger every year and would you really like Eddie to be in charge next seaon down therte aswell??? seriously?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    would you really like Eddie to be in charge next seaon down therte aswell??? seriously?
    I've only started going to matches this season (a recently converted barstooler) so I don't want to judge Eddie just on the first half of this season alone.
    I sure don't have the right to waltz into the Carlisle, watch a handfull of matches and then call for the managers head.

So to be honest, I don't know who would be best to lead us back up next season.

And I think we'll do better than most people think tonight against Bohs.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Thumbs up

ye might not be relegated if a change comes in league structure for next season ,we might have a 14/16 team preimer with 2 regional lower divisions for next season,hang in there with \eaddie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitd View Post
    ye might not be relegated if a change comes in league structure for next season ,we might have a 14/16 team preimer with 2 regional lower divisions for next season,hang in there with \eaddie
    What are the chances of that happening?

(We really would be "the team they couldn't relegate!" if that happened.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I've only started going to matches this season (a recently converted barstooler) so I don't want to judge Eddie just on the first half of this season alone.
    I sure don't have the right to waltz into the Carlisle, watch a handfull of matches and then call for the managers head.
    If your a paying supporter then of course its your right to call for a managers head, especially if he's not getting your team to perform to their maximum ability, Managers come and go but the supporters will always be there, some people down the carlisle need to realise this!

27. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    If I hear that we are a first devison squad again . GOD

ok where do i start
    shields, tresson, franco ,massey , tyrell, kelly, mark obrien, baker, robbie doyle, brennan , shane oneill ????????
    yes ok we dont have a premierre keeper and a few of the lads i have mentioned are geting older, but that is not a
    FIRST DEVISION TEAM.
    maybee if he played franco we mite bag a few more goals.
    and lets not forget the team we had last year the majority playing with top premierre clubs and eddie had them religated ????
    he is a very good man but its time now.

29. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast