Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Updates: (29th-30th May)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Limerick's 2 lads sent off were for fighting with each other after our goal! Check our forum for my little report...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    We comfortably outplayed Dundalk. We could and should have scored more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    City rampant against the Blues to go seven clear.

Two goals in the first half, but could have scored four in the second(three ruled offside).

GOC10 is the Tino Asprilla of Waterford. Since they signed him they've only won once.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Fair play to UCD...most impressive performance i have seen this season from an opposing team,you deserved your win and it could have been worse for us...we badly missed Liam Burns and Ross Gaynor.Our defense was a shambles........fair play to the oul Drogs!!!!!
    Only another 9 titles till Drogheda become pride of county louth!!!

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    UCD are by some distance the most improved team I have seen in the 2nd round of games. At Oriel in the 3-0 win for Dundalk, UCD were "pretty" on the ball but very poor defensively without it. Totally different tonight - whenever UCD lost the ball they chased and harried and were super defensively as a team, while retaining the fluid passing style that they showed previously.

Full value for the win tonight and an another goal or even two would not have flattered. Dundalk badly missed Liam Burns in defence and the cutting edge of Ross Gaynor. If UCD play consistently as they did tonight, they will be a major force over the rest of the season

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    I presume Setanta didn't show the afters that went on?

After Cronin tried to do a Quigley on Sean O'Connor, he went up to SOC after the final whistle to have a further go. Whatever he said SOC didn't approve and pushed him off, to which Cronin then shoved Sean O'Connor. Both teams clashed, with Pat Flynn desperately trying to get at Killian Brennan or Anto Murphy (I couldn't see which it was), and Pat Fenlon trying to get stuck in to a few Rovers players and jabbing fingers at everyone. Fenlon had to be restrained by his own team, Pat Flynn was grabbed by Barry Murphy to calm him down. It was very heated, a few players shoved to the ground, referee had to come running back over to try to restore order but just ended up in the melee.

After that Bohs came out to warm down, in front of Rovers fans who were being kept back. Fenlon decided to lead the warmdown himself and took the opportunity to start telling Rovers fans how he's going to win five-in-a-row with Bohs. Extremely professional thing to do when you tried to f**k off 6 months ago, your team is struggling badly and you've been lucky to get a point at home. Jason Byrne then started to dance around in front of Rovers fans who were slagging him off which Fenlon seemed to find hilarious. Rovers came out to warm down, only for Killian Brennan (or was it Murphy?) to walk out of his way through the Rovers squad and do the classic 14 year old boy move of dropping the shoulder as you walk in to someone. Rovers pushed him away which meant Fenlon and the Bohs squad came running over from the other side of the pitch to square up to the Rovers team again this time in an almost empty stadium.

They're a classy lot.

Happy enough with a point all the same and to escape without any broken legs, should have won it but Bohs were able to throw a limb in front of every goal bound shot at the last second. What can you do, today was further evidence in my book that Bohs are struggling big time and are nowhere near their first title winning side, or even the team from last year.
    Yeah, and your lot are a bunch of angels.
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

10. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    We.

Are.

Good.

Was talking to Billy Brennan afterwards. He was saying we shoulldn't get carried away but... I was nodding - visions of Setanta Cup, [I]maybe[\I] sneaking Europe at a stretch. Billy then said "We can win this thing,"

Best season even so far! Lovin' it. Rusty is God.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    We.

Are.

Good.

Was talking to Billy Brennan afterwards. He was saying we shoulldn't get carried away but... I was nodding - visions of Setanta Cup, [I]maybe[\I] sneaking Europe at a stretch. Billy then said "We can win this thing,"

Best season even so far! Lovin' it. Rusty is God.
    congrats UCD - great set of results and performances lately. I cant but be impressed (and believe me, im trying ).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Cronin's tackle today was shocking. Setanta showed a little bit of the afters at the end. Could clearly see several Shamrock players surround Anto Murphy & one of them grabing him around the throat.

However I fully expect Jicked to show how the tv pictures were doctored with & point out how it was all Bohs fault.

Shamrock FC/fans/board are a credit to league & an example to us all
    Last edited by wexfordned; 29/05/2010 at 11:39 PM.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    congrats UCD - great set of results and performances lately. I cant but be impressed (and believe me, im trying ).
    You should take your chance for some anti-UCD stuff while you can - I am buzzing after that. And still drinking while watching the goals over and over while Welcome to the Jungle plays. Buzzing man...

Buzzing. Ultimate proof barstoolers are wrong.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MariborKev View Post
    City rampant against the Blues to go seven clear.

Two goals in the first half, but could have scored four in the second(three ruled offside).

GOC10 is the Tino Asprilla of Waterford. Since they signed him they've only won once.

GOC approaches the "promised land" once again,and as usual refuses to enter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    Cronin's tackle today was shocking. Setanta showed a little bit of the afters at the end. Could clearly see several Shamrock players surround Anto Murphy & one of them grabing him around the throat.

However I fully expect Jicked to show how the tv pictures were doctored with & point out how it was all Bohs fault.

Shamrock FC/fans/board are a credit to league & an example to us all
    So you don't take any issue with anything I said? I clearly said one of the main men involved in the afters was Pat Flynn, of Shamrock FC (oooh, it's like a dagger to my heart), just as you could pick out people like Cronin from Bohs?

I never said Rovers were angels as my good friend WoodquayBoy said (btw WB, Pat Sullivan just went under the knife this week - out for even longer than we thought that night, hope you're still delighted for him), in the first scuffle like I said it was both teams. In the second though it was definitely Bohs who instigated it, you couldn't possibly argue with that could you? That second time it was just handbags, but don't try to make out that I'm making things up, I think I've been pretty level headed in what I had to say about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lightbulb

I presume Setanta didn't show the afters that went on?

After Cronin tried to do a Quigley on Sean O'Connor, he went up to SOC after the final whistle to have a further go. Whatever he said SOC didn't approve and pushed him off, to which Cronin then shoved Sean O'Connor. Both teams clashed, with Pat Flynn desperately trying to get at Killian Brennan or Anto Murphy (I couldn't see which it was), and Pat Fenlon trying to get stuck in to a few Rovers players and jabbing fingers at everyone. Fenlon had to be restrained by his own team, Pat Flynn was grabbed by Barry Murphy to calm him down. It was very heated, a few players shoved to the ground, referee had to come running back over to try to restore order but just ended up in the melee.

After that Bohs came out to warm down, in front of Rovers fans who were being kept back. Fenlon decided to lead the warmdown himself and took the opportunity to start telling Rovers fans how he's going to win five-in-a-row with Bohs. Extremely professional thing to do when you tried to f**k off 6 months ago, your team is struggling badly and you've been lucky to get a point at home. Jason Byrne then started to dance around in front of Rovers fans who were slagging him off which Fenlon seemed to find hilarious. Rovers came out to warm down, only for Killian Brennan (or was it Murphy?) to walk out of his way through the Rovers squad and do the classic 14 year old boy move of dropping the shoulder as you walk in to someone. Rovers pushed him away which meant Fenlon and the Bohs squad came running over from the other side of the pitch to square up to the Rovers team again this time in an almost empty stadium.

They're a classy lot.

Happy enough with a point all the same and to escape without any broken legs, should have won it but Bohs were able to throw a limb in front of every goal bound shot at the last second. What can you do, today was further evidence in my book that Bohs are struggling big time and are nowhere near their first title winning side, or even the team from last year.
    Bullsht; Cronin went over to apologise, offered a handshake to SOC who reacted badly then the other sh1t started - get your facts straight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Like I said in my second post, Cronin went over to SOC, but I didn't hear what was said and the extremely heated reaction suggests there was a bit of animosity there. Either way one of two things happened,

Cronin: "Sorry about the tackle it was out of order"
    SOC: Shrugs him off, tells him to do one
    Cronin: Shoves SOC, leading to everyone getting involved.

Or,

Cronin: "You made a meal of that"

How are my facts wrong, I was about 10 metres behind them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Like I said in my second post, Cronin went over to SOC, but I didn't hear what was said and the extremely heated reaction suggests there was a bit of animosity there. Either way one of two things happened,

Or,

I have no idea what was said however Cronin clearly offered his hand to SOC who reacted badly, for someone who did not hear what was said you seem to have a definitive view on what might have been said; I could engage in some verbose lip syncing as well but whats the point...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    This has to rank as one of the worst league's in recent memory.
    I've seen 2 decent teams this season .UCD and Sporting fingal.
    Assuming Rovers dont win the league, I hope either one of them wins it cos at least the league will be won by a team with a modicum of skill and aesthetic.
    The utter rubbish on offer from both sides earlier today in that cesspit of a ground was painfull to watch, but dundalk and pats losing has restored some humour to the day.
    No I cant agree with that.Ive seen a lot of good football so far from UCD ,SLIGO,FINGAL,DUNDALK and these sides have to be given credit. Pats bored me Bohs and Rovers have dissapointed but in fairness teams have put it up to them.I expect Fingal and Bohs to close the gap with their games in hand.This will lead to a few points seperating all but two sides at the halfway stage.The notion that the league is bad this year comes mainly from supporters of clubs who expected a two horse race.Im loving it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    Correction - a €5k fine with €3k of it suspended...

its well for some, maybe we should let our opposition fans attack out goalkeeper twice to make up for it. same fine at the end of the day........model club well done..........

on the pats v drog thing, drog are ****in shocking i swear to god.
    beat by these 3 time this season holy god
    i wish i could give drogs credit, but they dont deserve it, we deserved to get beat tonight, just for the attitude
    Last edited by danthesaint; 30/05/2010 at 2:09 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    No I cant agree with that.Ive seen a lot of good football so far from UCD ,SLIGO,FINGAL,DUNDALK and these sides have to be given credit. Pats bored me Bohs and Rovers have dissapointed but in fairness teams have put it up to them.I expect Fingal and Bohs to close the gap with their games in hand.This will lead to a few points seperating all but two sides at the halfway stage.The notion that the league is bad this year comes mainly from supporters of clubs who expected a two horse race.Im loving it.
    Yeah sligo are doin very well this year

Whoever finishes ahead of Rovers this year will win the league. its just the quality on offer in general in the league which is dissapointing.
    what a way to miss the point there pal eh!
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Or,

I was going to stay clear of your inane rant but this post is just hilarious.
    How you can say you dont know what was said but yet you give two detailed exchanges which could have happened and state its one or the other that happened is beyond me.
    This out of a whole myriad of possible exchanges between the two players.
    Anyway nobody cares what was said or who started what or what player didnt invite another to his party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Crazy league this year, 6 points between first and 6th. Any team that can win four or five games in a row will pull clear. It could be an amazing finish over the last few weeks.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast