Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "How to fix the league" threads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    I honestly think ticket prices don't matter at all. It's all about Product, Facilities and Marketing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Ive said this before, but i really think a magic weekend could work in the Aviva. It wont exactly fix the league but it would be worth a shot, and if it doesnt work out the attendances for the weekend could hardly be any lower then they are at the moment.
    Ahhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    I agree, and I'd like to see a range of prces and ticket options for people, and I'd love the clubs to have the option of charging what they like. But the FAI have set minimum ticket prices and the clubs can't go lower
    Yes, the price is of course an issue (more now than ever) but not the main one in my opinon. In the last few years people had so much desposable income they were prepared to pay 15/20 euro for a cocktail and yet we could not get them into a LOI ground.
    We need to identify WHO the potential market is before we decide how to target them. This may vary from club to club (ie bohs - glory hunters, UCD - students, shams - recently released cons etc ) depending on catchment area and/or likely interest. Then a strategy should be designed to maximise the potential interest in that group(s). This may involve a range of participation - the casual one game in five fans, the family night out fans as well as the never miss a game fans. Too often it appears to me that all clubs focus on the school market (cos "we got them for life" !) but little else. Different clubs are different products and need to be marketed accordingly.
    The League should be marketed by the FAI and the clubs by themselves at present neither is done very well.it is no co incidence that the club that has promoted itself the best -shams - enjoys the best crowds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,626 Posts
    this is what we're competing for?

Ugh. Almost better off without.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi guys,

I have vent my frustration somewhere

I`m polish and live here in Ireland for last 7 years. I`m big LoI fan and understand fully your frustration with barstoolers, with no interest from tv and public in general but one think I can`t understand is why are LoI related websites so secretive? Except for sites like: foot.ie, extratime and new one managed by new sponsor it is ridiculously difficult to get information. Official club websites harldy ever bother with more than 3or 4 paragraphs and fans forum in 80% are closed for people that are not registered there. I understand that trolling might be a problem and sometimes there are things that are better discussed behind closed doors but surely it wouldn`t do any harm to have the most common topics such as preparation for game and team news open to the public. Am I supposed to have 15 or whatever password if all I`m after is a bit of lurking? It doesn`t help with trying to really get involved and knowing what is going on. Today I was trying to find out what is going on with St. Pats - Galway game to no avail as both forums are closed.

Now I feel better . Hope no one gets upset. It`s just that sometimes I really want some extra info and feel like intruder

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by konstruktor View Post
    Hi guys,

I`m polish and live here in Ireland for last 7 years. I`m big LoI fan and understand fully your frustration with barstoolers, with no interest from tv and public in general but one think I can`t understand is why are LoI related websites so secretive? Except for sites like: foot.ie, extratime and new one managed by new sponsor it is ridiculously difficult to get information. Official club websites harldy ever bother with more than 3or 4 paragraphs and fans forum in 80% are closed for people that are not registered there. I understand that trolling might be a problem and sometimes there are things that are better discussed behind closed doors but surely it wouldn`t do any harm to have the most common topics such as preparation for game and team news open to the public. Am I supposed to have 15 or whatever password if all I`m after is a bit of lurking? It doesn`t help with trying to really get involved and knowing what is going on. Today I was trying to find out what is going on with St. Pats - Galway game to no avail as both forums are closed.

Now I feel better . Hope no one gets upset. It`s just that sometimes I really want some extra info and feel like intruder
    I think that trolling is a major reason why so many are partially or completely secretive. You will get lots of fans going onto the sites of other clubs just to talk **** and cause trouble.

The club websites themselves should tell you about kick-off times and ticketing arrangements.

Finally, there just aren't many LOI-related websites in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by konstruktor View Post
    Hi guys,

There are sites out there however they are hard to find because they're not popular

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123