Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Phil Taylor makes history... again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Phil Taylor makes history... again

Phil Taylor tonight became the first player to ever throw two nine darters in one match. He followed his second nince darter with 7 more perfect darts Taylor threw the two nine darters and had the 16 perfect dart run in his 10-8 win over James Wade in the Premier League final.

Unbelieveable achievement!

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    im speechless it was just pure class

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    I would like to see him try and do that on a Winmau board, I think those Unicorn boards help the top players far far more, I am getting suspicious about this now. If you compare the top players that moved across, like Barney, King, Whitlock etc, their profromances are incredibly better in the PDC (some say the better players are stepping up their game) and I believe the Unicorn board with the smaller wires and bigger gaps between them is disguising the true ability of some of these players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    I would like to see him try and do that on a Winmau board, I think those Unicorn boards help the top players far far more, I am getting suspicious about this now. If you compare the top players that moved across, like Barney, King, Whitlock etc, their profromances are incredibly better in the PDC (some say the better players are stepping up their game) and I believe the Unicorn board with the smaller wires and bigger gaps between them is disguising the true ability of some of these players.
    I'd like to see you try and do it on any kind of dart board!! Why you would try and detract from that achievement beggars belief. Every dart player that moved across hasn't been able to lace Taylors boots and its unlikely that anyone ever will. Have Barney, Whitlock, King etc ever thrown 2 nine darters in one game...No!! Will they ever....highly unlikely!! The Unicorn board isn't winning these titles for Taylor. His briliance is. A bad tradesman blames his tools; they all play on the same board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    In fasirness he didn't say anything about Taylor not being the best around.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    In fasirness he didn't say anything about Taylor not being the best around.
    His email in my mind was demeaning the feat, saying that he wouldn't have been able to do it on a different board that was used by guys in the other pro league. He also said he was getting suspicious because the top players seemed to be able to perform better on these boards. My point is that I believe Taylor is capable of doing that on the other board- the difference is a couple of millimetres by the way- and that the true ability of these other players is not being disguised as he puts it. Either they can do it or they cant, and I'm saying they can't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    The amount of 9-darters that are happening is quite frightening, there has been about 6/7 this year, Barney did one a few weeks back, Whitlock done one in a non-TV event, virtually all the top players have done the 9-dart in the last 2/3 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    There's an interesting debate to be had about the boards alright, but first up I have to say when I saw the thread title, I thought it was gonna be something along the lines of he's won his hundredth ranking event or something.... but two nine-darters?!! It's like doing back to back 147s. If he did it on a giant cartwheel sized board it's still bloomin amazing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    His email in my mind was demeaning the feat, saying that he wouldn't have been able to do it on a different board that was used by guys in the other pro league. He also said he was getting suspicious because the top players seemed to be able to perform better on these boards. My point is that I believe Taylor is capable of doing that on the other board- the difference is a couple of millimetres by the way- and that the true ability of these other players is not being disguised as he puts it. Either they can do it or they cant, and I'm saying they can't.
    A couple of millimeteres is an awful lot in top-class darts. There is no doubt that it would be a tougher ask on a Winmau board.

Having said that - had a look at this last night on you tube and it was an unbelieveable feat. Pure sporting genius. no matter what type of board, Winmau, Unicorn or 1200 x 600 gypsum plasterboard.