Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chinese green tea

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

chinese green tea

i'm back on my diet for the last few weeks and i can't have any caffine...i bought some green tea with lemon grass and i have to say its the dogs !! if only more people in ireland experimented with differnet cultures, then maybe we would get awat from just the normal cup of tea.......
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

.................................................. .

And what culture would lemon grass green tea be from ??

Is it helping with your diet ??
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i believe its a blend from china that high in anti-toxiants,it helps with the diet as there is no caffine in it and caffine slows down the metobolic rate of the body, thus burning less calories.....
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I could have sworn that green tea DOES contain caffeine - albeit much less than in coffee.

Having said that, I'm a real convert to it myself. It's great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by max power
    i believe its a blend from china that high in anti-toxiants,it helps with the diet as there is no caffine in it and caffine slows down the metobolic rate of the body, thus burning less calories.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    85mg caffeine per 1ltr redbull
    80 per cup o coffee

i wonder is this tea not a cop out like those herbal cigs in bars?
    j'accuse!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    no normal tea has caffine in it, the hebal tea is differnet, it looks and tastes differnet and no milk.....i hated tea until i started drinking this, its the dogs !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I'm with you Max, for probably the first time ever on these boards!

I started drinking green tea (and then white tea) to stop drinking coffee, black tea, etc. and it works for me too. Green tea does have a little caffeine in it, but it's only a trace amount by comparison with coffee and black tea. And it's full of antioxidants, which means I can pig out on saturated fats... er, no... maybe not...

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    if you shop around you can get some with no caffine, its really great and for people who stay awake after drinking caffine drinks, this stuff is perfect...i'm on 2/3 cups a day and i think i might try the peppermint next

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    if you shop around you can get some with no caffine, its really great and for people who stay awake after drinking caffine drinks, this stuff is perfect...i'm on 2/3 cups a day and i think i might try the peppermint next
    The peppermint is excellent as it also aids digestion, but do be careful as too many cups can have a laxative effect. I'd recommend green tea with ginseng if you can get hold of it, as that helps boost energy levels and tastes damn good too!

PP

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    yeah i have to be careful whats in it as i'm still on my atkins diet and there area lot of things i can't have.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    yeah i have to be careful whats in it as i'm still on my atkins diet and there area lot of things i can't have.....
    Be very careful with Atkins. Don't stay on it for more than a fortnight, as the short-term gain you make will be nullified by the damage your body suffers from lack of carbohydrate. I don't want to seem patronising, but the absolute surefire way to lose weight is to consume less calories than you burn off. And that means cardio-vascular and strengthening exercises, a balanced diet, discipline and patience with yourself over a long period of time. Good luck!

PP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    boiling hot water with a little lemon for flavour is supposed to be like THE healthiest thing goin,clears out ur insides like watching the nationwide conference(though from a different orriface!)
    j'accuse!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Wink

Its far from alll this ye were reared!

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    oh i think those in the know @ foot.ie should open a healthy dining/excercise forum!better than Rubbish
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    What have we all turned into here? Green tea, boiling water with lemon, diets?
    I'd be on about 6 cups of tea and coffee a day. Does me feck all harm. What's wrong with caffine exactly? Is it that bad really?
    Personally, I think this 'health food' craic has gone to far and companies are really ripping the arse out of it.
    If you want to stay healthy, just watch what you eat and exercise. Mightn't be the easiest, but it's the only real way to keep the weight down.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire
    I think this 'health food' craic has gone to far and companies are really ripping the arse out of it.
    totally,theres an organic store in cork city centre and like their prices are a disgrace,at least 20% added to ordinary prices.but its also fair to say its likely to be damn healthy
    Last edited by ccfcman; 08/04/2004 at 12:52 PM.
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Does me feck all harm. What's wrong with caffine exactly?
    Caffine can prevent your body from absorbing vital nutrients. It can also raise your blood pressure and disrupt your sleep patterns. Sleep is very important to your wellbeing. It's also important to ensure that you're properly hydrated.
    Regular tea contains tannin which gives it its dark red colour like red wine. This is also bad for you. Regular tea bags are full of tea dust and dye's.

Someone, PP I think, mentioned anti oxidants.
    They're very important for your immune system and fighting cancer.
    Brocolli cooked at 60 deg C is a great source and totally yummy.
    In reality, no food is bad when consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Balance is the key thing. Exercise is essential and there's nothing like a long walk in the evening to remove the stresses of office life and to help you sleep. Max, however isn't concerned with office stress
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar
    Caffine can prevent your body from absorbing vital nutrients. It can also raise your blood pressure and disrupt your sleep patterns. Sleep is very important to your wellbeing. It's also important to ensure that you're properly hydrated.
    Regular tea contains tannin which gives it its dark red colour like red wine. This is also bad for you. Regular tea bags are full of tea dust and dye's.
    Really? Hmm, so how much is too much?
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Really? Hmm, so how much is too much?
    Somewhere in the region of 300 milligrams, or 2-3 cups, of coffee per day. Another common concern related to caffeine consumption is its potential effect on bone health. Because caffeine increases urine production, calcium, which is a component of the fluid, is lost. Calcium plays a critical role in maintaining bone density and in preventing the development of osteoporosis, a condition in which the bones weaken and become susceptible to fractures. There is some evidence showing that caffeine, and specifically intake of caffeinated beverages, increases the amount of calcium lost in urine.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    eh you mentiond diets, people diet because they want to or have to....high blood pressure as one major reason for people losing weight....

plus we pump so much sh1t into our bodies these days its good to do something that is good for you for a change.....

i diet, drink herbal tea and look after myself with yoga etc ( now ) because i didn't like being 4 stone over weight, i'm no any more thanks to the above...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast