Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tonight's Latest - 21/5/10 - Also Details on TV Coverage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    How do you think I worked it out? Neither the Pats or Dundalk squad or management have been in a title race before, Bohs have been in several and Rovers will have learnt a lot from last year's title race.

That experience and the much bigger and better squads at Bohs and Rovers mean they've still got to be the two favourites for me since we're not even at the halfway stage.

so your basing things on last season??
    and if rovers learned alot from last season, they should have strengthen their squad not to heavily rely on baker and twigg, the start of the season would have told ya that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    How do you think I worked it out? Neither the Pats or Dundalk squad or management have been in a title race before, Bohs have been in several and Rovers will have learnt a lot from last year's title race.

That experience and the much bigger and better squads at Bohs and Rovers mean they've still got to be the two favourites for me since we're not even at the halfway stage.
    ah so your now changing it to current squad or managment , well it makes a little more sense , still silly statement as both teams have some players who were in title races
    but if it makes you feel bigger and better so be it

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Bigger squads - certainly, Better Squads - the evidence to date says differently

But I agree that Bohs, followed by Rovers are still the top two favourites for the league. With the budgets at both clubs being about twice what each of Pats and Dundalk have, it would be a huge failure by either not to finish in the top two spots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    We're about 40% of the way through the competition. Both Pats and Dundalk have had injuries and suspensions. We had Cawley out for a couple of months. Is the pattern of injuries and suspensions going to be different in the remaining 60%?

It is likely that Dundalk and Pats will strenthen in those areas that they consider exposed during the transfer window.

If I was a Bohs or Rovers fan, I wouldn't be banking on either Pats or Dundalk falling away. I'd be more concerned about my own teams performance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    We're about 40% of the way through the competition. Both Pats and Dundalk have had injuries and suspensions. We had Cawley out for a couple of months. Is the pattern of injuries and suspensions going to be different in the remaining 60%?

It is likely that Dundalk and Pats will strenthen in those areas that they consider exposed during the transfer window.

If I was a Bohs or Rovers fan, I wouldn't be banking on either Pats or Dundalk falling away. I'd be more concerned about my own teams performance.
    At least Rovers have shown signs of improvment. Bohs have been plodding along alll season. of course they do have the players to do pick up.

Pats squad is quite limited and although we've had injuries and suspension they've been generally in areas were we're OK in terms of cover. We could only field 6 (of 7 alloted) subs against Bohs in the setanta cup last week. If either centre half misses 3/4 games or Stuey byrne is out, we could slide pretty quickly.

Dundalk's squad is a little deeper than ours and they're reasonably well covered in most areas, with player slike Melligana nd Faz able to cover numerous mid/forward positions

Of course Rovers have shown that they really do depend on Twigg. If he's out, they seem to struggle
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    or, having watched it again on MNS, straight out of the 1950s keeper-can't-catch-the-ball school.
    Just watched the MNS highlights there; it's less dramatic than I made out alright, but I've seen those given as free outs far more than as goals.

I thought it was a peno from where I was stood at the time; unfortunate definitely, but definite contact, although whether he gained any advantage is another question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Just watched the MNS highlights there; it's less dramatic than I made out alright, but I've seen those given as free outs far more than as goals.

I thought it was a peno from where I was stood at the time; unfortunate definitely, but definite contact, although whether he gained any advantage is another question.
    Also thought it was a nailed on peno at the time, but having seen the highlights, think the ref got it wrong - I'd be doing my nut if it was awarded against us
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456