1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MariborKev View Post
    Derry fans had a banner

"FAI Care About...
    1) Money
    2) Barstoolers
    999) Clubs
    1000) Fans"
    Jeez, if it wasn't for Delaney ye wouldn't be in the league. That's gratitude for you.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomofman View Post
    He showed he's a scumbag by putting in a malicious, leg breaking tackle like that... Whether he's done it before or not...
    But the fact that he'd never made a horrible tackle like that until Friday before meant he was not a scumbag? He became a scumbag when he made that tackle?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Yes. If that was the case

(although I've seen him do a couple of shocking lunges before when he's been frustrated)

for the record I don't believe it was malicious. He had no reason to feel malice towards Coughlan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Jeez, if it wasn't for Delaney ye wouldn't be in the league. That's gratitude for you.
    What worse than being talked about? Not being talked about.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Mad to see people tipping us for the league, Squad is too small, Europe is still the aim
    Here on a technicality.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MuckaTucka View Post
    Good game at Terryland with good football by both sides on a shocking pitch.
    I wouldn't agree with two superb keeping performances. Ryan made two good saves, but was at fault for the second goal and could've done more for the first. I thought UCD's keeper Brennan looked a bit suspect under the high ball as shown by Flood's goal amongst others.
    I meant the good keeping peformances in the second half.

Thought the pitch looked horrendous but played fairly well.

Headed out to the Mervue-Athlone game on Saturday too. Athlone were appalling in the first half; I've never seen a team with so little interest in attacking. They improved a lot in the second and had a shot off the line in injury time, but still a deserved win for Mervue. Looks like a similar season to last season for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Cracker of a game in Waterford Friday. Our best performance by a distance. Continued from our second half against Derry and played them off the park. Absolutely gutted we didnt get the wiinner, we'd enough chances to win 4 games. Unfortunately we just can't seem to put them away.Waterford created nothing at all, very surprised.

The difference from the game earlier in the season, where they hammered us, was astounding. I don't know if they were just poorer on the night or if that's how they are playing regularly at the moment but expected more.

Good atmosphere too and as an added bonus George was useless and got subbed.

If we can hold this form we'l do well. I worry that we seem to up it for the bigger teams though, hopefully we can carry it through to the next few games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Cracker of a game in Waterford Friday. Our best performance by a distance. Continued from our second half against Derry and played them off the park. Absolutely gutted we didnt get the wiinner, we'd enough chances to win 4 games. Unfortunately we just can't seem to put them away.Waterford created nothing at all, very surprised.

The difference from the game earlier in the season, where they hammered us, was astounding. I don't know if they were just poorer on the night or if that's how they are playing regularly at the moment but expected more.

Good atmosphere too and as an added bonus George was useless and got subbed.

If we can hold this form we'l do well. I worry that we seem to up it for the bigger teams though, hopefully we can carry it through to the next few games
    First half was good, second half wasnt great. City definately should have won, we created very little, not a great performance. The early sub killed us, losing our most creative players, and having to change everything around didnt help.

Didnt think the disallowed goal was offside and was equally happy to see georgie taken off. Injuries are killing us at the moment but hopefully should clear up soon. Cummins had a good game too.....want to swap for georgie?
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue til i die View Post
    First half was good, second half wasnt great. City definately should have won, we created very little, not a great performance. The early sub killed us, losing our most creative players, and having to change everything around didnt help.

Didnt think the disallowed goal was offside and was equally happy to see georgie taken off. Injuries are killing us at the moment but hopefully should clear up soon. Cummins had a good game too.....want to swap for georgie?
    Yeah, I was completely baffled by that offside call, but the officials were appalling in general.

Cummins is simply outstanding, his work rate has been incredible all season. Absolutely delighted we got him and wont be letting him go easy. What's that for ye now, 1 in 4 since George signed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexy View Post
    Mr A what you got to remember is that Derry will bring more fans than any other team to the first division this year, and has been previously posted playing Harps is the easiest ç9 points a year for us, when was the last time you beat Derry still waiting waiting waiting ?.????????????????
    True as all that might be, whats that got to do with Mr A's point though?

In reference to the original point, the FAI applied sanctions that were harsher than ever meted out previously, and then fudged their own process to get us back in. So I'd call it all square. That said, I'd personally prefer if our fans waited a few seasons before preaching from the rooftoops about fairness, particularly given so many of them refused to have a bad word said against our old board right to the bitter end.

In terms of the banner, the FAI might put money first, but the Vantage Club, George the Greek, Eircom Park and countless other boo-boos would indicate that they rarely deliver.

12. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    The FAI's 'punishments' were actually probably doing you a favour as the end was nigh for Wellvan anyway. It may saved you a Cork type situation of a long slow demise.

Anyhoo the point is- people may say that Delaney and the FAI don't give a toss about the league- but what happened with Wellvan proves they certainly do as they bent over backwards to keep senior football in Derry. You can argue the rights and wrongs of what happened and how it was done, but they certainly showed an interest.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    Both Rovers and Bohs are up against pats/dundalk who have never been in a title race, .

how the hell did you work that out

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Galway's equaliser seemed to me to be straight out of the 1950s charge-the-keeper-into-the-net school.
    or, having watched it again on MNS, straight out of the 1950s keeper-can't-catch-the-ball school. Not a hand laid on him, no complaints from him or the defenders. Just poor keeping, Then again, considering the equaliser ye got, I'm in no position to mock the display of a goalkeeper. And the peno was very harsh.
    As for, to quote Pat Fenlon, "the incident", it was disgraceful and how Hancock missed the seriousness of it I have no idea. Then again, Padraig Sutton missed a headbutt about 1 foot from where he was standing in the Bray-Drogs match, sums up refereeing standars in the league really. Back to Quigley, also think his challenge on Kenna was shocking. I don;t know many players who jump from a standing position and bend their leg 90 degrees behind them. He had to know Kenna was there, he had to know what he was doing . . . .
    And finally, the First Division gets poor enough coverage, but to not even mention the scores this week was poor form
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy
    That said, I'd personally prefer if our fans waited a few seasons before preaching
    You need to find a new club to support.

Anyhoo the point is- people may say that Delaney and the FAI don't give a toss about the league- but what happened with Wellvan proves they certainly do as they bent over backwards to keep senior football in Derry.
    Fudging the Derry situation is not the same as giving a toss about the league though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    As for, to quote Pat Fenlon, "the incident", it was disgraceful and how Hancock missed the seriousness of it I have no idea.
    Great picture by the |Pats photographer. Absolutely NO WAY that hancock didn't see the challenge

54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

19. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    He was probably blinded by those awful, awful boots.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    He was probably blinded by those awful, awful boots.
    who's quigo's or coughlans??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danthesaint View Post
    who's quigo's or coughlans??
    Im guessing both as both are the same boots. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Im guessing both as both are the same boots. :P
    i know, was messing, maybe thats the reason behind the tackle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saint dog View Post
    [/B]
    how the hell did you work that out
    How do you think I worked it out? Neither the Pats or Dundalk squad or management have been in a title race before, Bohs have been in several and Rovers will have learnt a lot from last year's title race.

That experience and the much bigger and better squads at Bohs and Rovers mean they've still got to be the two favourites for me since we're not even at the halfway stage.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast