Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keane to meet Kerr over return

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finlma
    Where did this come from? The usual reliable Indo said that the meeting was to go ahead.
    It's also reported in the London Guardian:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...187453,00.html

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    yeah but it is on the FAI website which i suppose is more reliable that newsgroups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD
    yeah but it is on the FAI website which i suppose is more reliable that newsgroups.
    But at the same time it is the FAI. Not the most reliable people in the world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    if this report is not true it's just another example of how this **** will run and run, i'm well sick of it.

if it turns out to be true though, I agree with Paulie, Like them or not, the eleven players who walk out on the field in Irish shirts should never doubt that they have the support of the fans, can't agree with your attitude Eanna.

Christ, I think Doherty is a joke, but I'll cheer him on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Never been on Keane's side regarding Saipan but if he wanted to play I would welcome him back despite previous let downs. Liam Miller, Andy Reid, etc are young developing players and are not yet ready to have a qualifying campaign built around them. Keane can give us that quality until they develop over the next couple of years. Far better option than mercenaries like Kevin Nolan. At the same time if all this is BS and he never plays for us again I'd lose no sleep over it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The FAI will play this down anyway because neither Kerr nor Keane would want a media circus surrounding any meeting. I don't know about ye, but I want to go to Germany in 2 years time, so I'm backing a Roy return. You never know, it might even improve the atmosphere at LR, which coincidently has been dead since he left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    He must think we're stupid. We saw the results against Brazil and the Czech Republic too. So Roy now sees the opportunity for a day in the sun when his beloved club slip back, and bang...all those experts who shook their heads and said his body couldn't take the strain of international football got it wrong all along...

The Irish international football team is not his plaything to sell a few more 'honest' books, or a vehicle for his gratification.
    What Conor said. All of it.

PP - Jimmy Kerr's Barmy Army
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He must think we're stupid. We saw the results against Brazil and the Czech Republic too. So Roy now sees the opportunity for a day in the sun when his beloved club slip back, and bang...all those experts who shook their heads and said his body couldn't take the strain of international football got it wrong all along...
    I think he see's that the set-up is much more professional now. He's a professional and wants things run properly and that didn't happen until Kerr took over.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The Irish international football team is not his plaything to sell a few more 'honest' books, or a vehicle for his gratification.
    spot on.

As for what tiktok said, if people want to support him let them- I just meant I'd seriously question supporting a team that had him in it. never said I'd go along and slag him...............sounds tempting though

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    How can this be resolved so never ever discussed again?

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    One can but dream Pete.....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If Keane returns how can the Kerr regime be called a professional set up? You can't just pick and choose games I don't care how United glory hunters think Keane is 'deadly' or a 'legend'. He wasn't fit enough last year so whats changed?

Kick in the teeth for lads like Delap, Healy, Reid.

No thanks Roy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Declan_Michael
    If Keane returns how can the Kerr regime be called a professional set up? You can't just pick and choose games I don't care how United glory hunters think Keane is 'deadly' or a 'legend'. He wasn't fit enough last year so whats changed?

Kick in the teeth for lads like Delap, Healy, Reid.

No thanks Roy.
    Not all people supporting Keane's comeback are Manu supporters, I for one hate the club but would love Keane back.

We all make decisions and regret them later and try to turn back the clock. People break up with their girlfriends then try to get back with them at a later date cause they're not getting action anywhere else. Roy is obviously missing the action (international football that is).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We're not talking about a petty arguement with a girlfriend here. We're talking about captain who left his team high and dry on the eve of their biggest tournament for 8 years. Not content with that, instead of laying low he allowed the media to embark on a 'will he won't he' story running for 18 months and counting. As well as wasting Brian Kerr's time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Declan_Michael
    We're not talking about a petty arguement with a girlfriend here. We're talking about captain who left his team high and dry on the eve of their biggest tournament for 8 years. Not content with that, instead of laying low he allowed the media to embark on a 'will he won't he' story running for 18 months and counting. As well as wasting Brian Kerr's time.
    I'm only having a laugh mate. But in fairness we can't go on holding grudges against everyone forever, he did what he thought was right and you have to admire a man to stand up for his beliefs. I didn't agree with him but there's no point in continuing to condem him when he's still a class act and better than any central midfielder we have.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finlma
    I'm only having a laugh mate. But in fairness we can't go on holding grudges against everyone forever, he did what he thought was right and you have to admire a man to stand up for his beliefs. I didn't agree with him but there's no point in continuing to condem him when he's still a class act and better than any central midfielder we have.
    He may have had his beliefs but he went about it entirely wrong. He knew the score with the set up so why throw a tantrum a week before the world cup? Don't care how good he is its the principal of the matter and I'm gonna suddenly respect him because 'we need him' Didn't look that way in recent matchs.

If any other Irish midfielder had walked out I can't imagine people defending Matty Holland or Lee Carsley for standing up for their 'beliefs'.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I for one am a person who thinks Keane was wronged.

but I don't think he should come back, had he been wronged and stay shut not bringing his fight with mic Mac to the front I'd say bring him back but even though he was wronged and was within his rights to blow up at Mic Mac (I don't blame him one bit I would of done the same) but had he kept his head and walked away from the fight then I would welcome him back and he'd be the bigger man for it.

Had he done that I'd welcome him back, he was wronged but that doesn't make his preformance after the event excusable, understandable yes but both parties were at fault so both should now be excluded.
    It's only just begun...............
    If the last 21 years were class, here's looking forward to the next 21 years. It is our time

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    F*ck him!!!
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The middle of the park is the key area at international level, no one can dominate that area like Keane can. Kerr knows it would be a different team with him and knows he needs Keane.

Charlton played McGrath there because he was a great ball winner and read the play well, likewise he played Lawrenson there from time to time. Who have we now in terms of ball-winning midfielders who can actually pass the ball forward to a team-mate as well?

Forget about friendly results, they mean absolutely nothing as there isn't any pressure. When the pressure was on against Russia at Lansdowne and away in Basel we saw what happened - do we really think that because we tied Brazil 0-0 and beat the Czechs 2-1 in friendlies that all is well again?

Reid looks like the one bright light since the EC qualifiers finished, he takes some of the load off Duff. The rest do not convince me - why people keep going on about Delap I don't know, have you seen him play?

Bring back Keane, I don't care what we do in friendlies. Clean slate next Spetember for WC2006 and erase the bad memories ( the McCarthy/Keane fiasco, not the team performances ) of WC2002 for good.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Nationalism is an infantile disease, the measles of mankind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    FAI deny any meeting took place?contrary to what the text on aertel said,confirming a meeting
    j'accuse!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast