Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FAI want to move potential Bohs euro game

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

FAI want to move potential euro game

In the Star today, if the Bohs game is on the same week, they want it moved for 'their' game against Man United. I can only imagine they will do the same if other clubs euro games are on that week.
    Last edited by Quadruple1928; 15/05/2010 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Obviously the fai wouldn't be able to sanction any euro fixtures that week, due to third party commitments.

feckin minows

Edit:

Just checked the seeding, and would seem some crowd called liverpool are potential opponents in the third round of the europa
    Last edited by A N Mouse; 15/05/2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: oh and another thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Their gone beyond a joke!
    They think a friendly is more important than a champions league game!
    Is this the last year of their contract to govern the league of ireland?I really hope the Plat One all ireland league is still workable due to the current economic situation and the clubs decide to go for that,because the fai do F-all for the league..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    With this, and the Limerick Barca game, the FAI are showing themselves to be money-grabbing attention whores. What a joke they are.

They clealry have no interest in the LOI, only when it suits them, i.e. putting out an LOI XI for their glamour friendly and needing the league to have a national team.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cob655 View Post
    Their gone beyond a joke!
    They think a friendly is more important than a champions league game!
    Is this the last year of their contract to govern the league of ireland?I really hope the Plat One all ireland league is still workable due to the current economic situation and the clubs decide to go for that,because the fai do F-all for the league..
    Yes the FAI are a joke but i dont think Platinum One is the way forward
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Yes the FAI are a joke but i dont think Platinum One is the way forward
    they surely cant be any worse than the current shower.If there in it to make money they will at least be 100% committed to the venture not like the FAI who treat us like a bad smell at best.
    "We've had a lot of good times, but you don't know how good they are until you have the bad ones" Tony Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    From today's Sun...

Quote Originally Posted by The Sun
    FAI Barca axe fell on Bohs first

BOHEMIANS were also blocked from taking on Barcelona, SunSport can reveal.

Bohs were approached by Barca last month about a friendly fixture in Dublin at the end of July.

It is understood the Spanish champions spoke to Bohs before opening talks with Limerick FC.

A Bohs source said: "We went to the FAI but we didn't even submit a formal application as we were told 'no way'.

"We were told they were just back from Barcelona themselves to discuss a game in the Aviva Stadium next year."

Dalymount Park, with its capacity of less then 8,000, would not have satisfied demand.

The RDS would have been unavailable because of the Horse Show and hosting the first soccer game at the Aviva Stadium was definitely out.

The source added: "How are clubs supposed to survive when the FAI makes life difficult for you?

"Knocking us back for the Barcelona game is one thing but they've made it worse by organising a match against Manchester United when we could be playing in the Champions League on the same night.

"Which would be more important for Irish football? There's no doubt our crowd would be affected, even if we played the night before."

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadruple1928 View Post
    In the Star today, if the Bohs game is on the same week, they want it moved for 'their' game against Man United. I can only imagine they will do the same if other clubs euro games are on that week.
    at first thought it might have been so that they could use Aviva for Bohs CL game if they moved it to the following week, but Ireland play Argentina on Aug 11

must be because they want the Bohs players available for the Airtricty XI
    Last edited by Tony Soprano; 15/05/2010 at 1:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    This is the last year of the FAI's deal to run the league, correct? I can't see the clubs ok'ing them continuing on with running the league. I'm sure John Delaney and the boys will be delighted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadruple1928 View Post
    Do they want UEFA to move the potential date? Farcical stuff. We'd be the laughing stock of Europe. Has anyone got the text of the full story? I don't mean to sound so sceptical, but this one truly boggles the mind.

On the Bohs-Barca friendly idea, if Barca were approaching Bohs about it - inviting Bohs to host them? - who would pay the fees to whom and whatnot?

As for the followng: "A Bohs source said: "We went to the FAI but we didn't even submit a formal application as we were told 'no way'."

I'd be very interested in hearing the FAI's perspective on that, because the way it's made sound here is as if they were immediately dismissive of Bohs' query without even considering any possibility of it materialising at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Bit about it from Daniel McDonnell here: http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...n-2181578.html

It's especially rich seeing as this would suggest it's entirely within the FAI's power to free up Limerick from their "obligation to retain ownership" of the date of their now-cancelled friendly with Barca.

But lobbying UEFA to have our national champions' potential competitive European date moved in order to facilitate a completely meaningless money-spinning friendly that already offends the senses enough?... Sweet Christ; talk about adding insult to injury. I can't really say much else other than if poor Jesus has any more tears left in his ducts over this lot, he'd be weeping tidal waves right now.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    that article suggests they only want to move Bohs from the Wednesday to the Tuesday if they are at home in the second leg and if the game is fixed for the Wednesday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Is the FAI not formed by and run by member clubs? Do these member clubs not send reps to the FAI who in turn sit on the committees who pass such judgements? It would be interesting to know the make up of the committee who appear to be giving 2 fingers to their fellow members.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    It would be interesting to know the make up of the committee who appear to be giving 2 fingers to their fellow members.
    • John Delaney
    • Lackey #1
    • Lackey #2
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano View Post
    that article suggests they only want to move Bohs from the Wednesday to the Tuesday if they are at home in the second leg and if the game is fixed for the Wednesday
    Only?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    This is the last year of the FAI's deal to run the league, correct? I can't see the clubs ok'ing them continuing on with running the league. I'm sure John Delaney and the boys will be delighted.

It would be just brilliant of the clubs withdrew from the FAI and ditched Delaney.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    • John Delaney
    • Lackey #1
    • Lackey #2
    And which club sends Delaney to represent them?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    He got into the FAI through Waterford Utd but he's had nothing to do with them for years. Full time CEO I think he gave himself a 10 year contract a few years back
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    And which club sends Delaney to represent them?
    Delaney United FC. The FAI is practically a dictatorship.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    He got into the FAI through Waterford Utd but he's had nothing to do with them for years. Full time CEO I think he gave himself a 10 year contract a few years back
    So he is a paid employee there to do the bidding of the membership of the FAI ie the clubs. Such decisions need to be ratified by committee's made up of member club reps. So it doesn't cover my initial question about which reps ratified such.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast