Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Bohs tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Bohs tonight

Mons take on Bohs tonight at 8pm. Read Adrian Harte's blog about the game and an interview with rising star Niall Flynn on Monaghan United's website or Adrian's blog is available here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    i think i experienced the "i was there" moment in the history of monaghan united!!!!
    great night, great win....
    will live long in the memory!!!

'Mon da Mons!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    I know Aidan, it was amazing!! The roar that went up when we equalised and the atmosphere behind the goals during the penos was what dreams are made of. It is why we do what we do. Now if we can just get all those people to come regularly and make that kinda noise we have the makings of a fan base! YESSSSSS! I <3 mons! Still floating and we are only in the 1/4 finals but its just knowing that whilst missing some of our most influential players, we can still take down the double champions & current cup holders. We were the match of them throughout the game and although my nerves were shot, the penos were the best thing ever. I thought I was going to throw up a few times but knew that we had a 50/50 chance of progressing and that meant we were the equal to one of the best teams in the Country. One of my life's greatest moments so far (after my sons being born of course!) and I fell in love with my team all over again.

C'mon the Mons!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Fair play to all of ye with all the great work ye are doing up there, if ye could get the people of Monaghan to support ye, ye have great potential to grow and grow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    I know GUFC, it breaks my heart. Was looking at the crowd at the Derry game and wishing we could even have half their support that was there and create that kinda atmosphere. Last nite Bohs had only about 30 people there and while Mons crowd werent very vocal until we scored in extratime, it was great to see an improved home crowd. When it went to penalties the atmosphere behind the goals was electric, how it should be at every game, teenagers, children, adults, old age pensioners chanting and cheering. Finally felt like we had a support and I think that lifted our lads.

Was funny to see the group of 18 U13's from Carrickmacross (a traditional Dundalk stronghold) going out chanting "Sava Sava Sava" and "United". Felt good.