Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Shamrock Rovers Fans!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    In fairness, I have yet to come across a Rovers fan who hasn't completely condemned what happened. It seems however that they're not allowed contribute anything further to the conversation as fans of Bohs, Pats, etc (and Sligo for some reason?) will accuse them of "making excuses" and their original condemnation is ignored to fuel the myth that the club refuse to accept blame for anything.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kd16 View Post
    In fairness, I have yet to come across a Rovers fan who hasn't completely condemned what happened. It seems however that they're not allowed contribute anything further to the conversation as fans of Bohs, Pats, etc (and Sligo for some reason?) will accuse them of "making excuses" and their original condemnation is ignored to fuel the myth that the club refuse to accept blame for anything.
    The club has got to come out and actually do something about this for a change. Too often incidents of a various nature have been ignored by SRFC over the years and enabled by the FAI. The time for idle words has passed and they need to start backing up their words with actions. Sure, posters here have condemned the actions but did you not read the criticism Tallaghthoop received from his fellow hoops for speaking his mind on the trouble that attaches itself to the club? And honestly, i dont think that this incident was all that bad - its just a culmination of things over the last year or two that requires some form of action. Excuse making is okay in my book as long as you also dont ignore the fact that whatever happened shouldnt have happened, provocation or not, and then actually take some action to reduce the chances of it happening again.

Until the club is seen to actually do something then surely the club deserves to be criticised?

5. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Skstu, excellent post. As i said on page one, SRFC fans will try blame the world and its granny some might say they have tunnel vision. Till everyone gets on board and faces facts there is always going to be doubt about our supporters. Everyone agree's that nobody wants them, yet they make excuse's for them and deny things happen even when it gets caught on live T.V. Really thought the one about the bloke who ran on the pitch took the biscut, he wsn't a Rovers fan he was a Bohs fan in disguise. Only at SRFC would you hear such garbage.

All the trouble i've mentioned has happened and has been documented, don't believe me, pop over to the ultras forum and have a look at last years topic's. I think there was 3 Threads called, " Your not a Rovers fan part 1,2,3 ". There is also some incidents that have been covered up and deleted and 1 or 2 we got away with, we were all in the east stand and know what was said to Joey Ndo sure the live T.V picked it up and we got of with a warning, Shels pre season freindly this year, do you remember it half time when all the filth came from the east stand to the family stand looking for trouble abusing families that supported Shels,if your memory is not to good pop over to the ultras forum there is a few pages there about it. We have been fortunate up to now, i plead with the board to deal with this and hammer these scumbags and remember Mr Roche a lifetime ban is a lifetime not 3 or 4 games till everything blows over.

Please no more pm's asking me to shut up, i'm not going hide from the facts and the scumbags. Sure if we all want the same thing whats the problem? Your either on my side or not, there is no grey area they are flith end of.

7. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thats pretty pathetic. Referee makes a decision plain and simple and a minority of mindless idiots resort to thuggish behaviour and you lay the blame for what happened on the ref...? Whether you agree with the referee's decision or not what you are basically saying is that if supporters (and i use the term lightly) disagree with a refs decision then its ok to resort to that type of behaviour and justify it by blaming the referees decision? Unbelievable logic...Fair play...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Nice letter in the Turbine today pointing out the hysterical over-reaction.

Well done Hugh O'Connor, wherever you are.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

10. Thanks From:

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910