Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamrock Rovers Fans!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers Football Club condemns the behaviour of the 10 to 15 so called ‘fans’ at last night’s Airtricity League match against Dundalk in Oriel Park, which was attended by over 500 Rovers supporters.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35...park-incidents

Are they having a laugh? 10 to 15? LOL

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Obviously Longfords hooligan problem hasn't been as prominent in recent seasons, but isn't it about time some of the focus was also put on the cops rather than just the clubs? How many were arrested last night, let alone charged? As far as I'm aware we don't have banning orders in our legislation a la the UK, so maybe the Minister for Justice who was present in Oriel and suitably offended to go on the News at One might like to bring forward legislation so these people can be stopped attending whether clubs want to or not? It'd be a lot easier for clubs to bar people who had charges brought, cases pending or convictions in the courts rather than having to rely on some quasi judicial process of their own.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    Obviously Longfords hooligan problem hasn't been as prominent in recent seasons, but isn't it about time some of the focus was also put on the cops rather than just the clubs? How many were arrested last night, let alone charged? As far as I'm aware we don't have banning orders in our legislation a la the UK, so maybe the Minister for Justice who was present in Oriel and suitably offended to go on the News at One might like to bring forward legislation so these people can be stopped attending whether clubs want to or not? It'd be a lot easier for clubs to bar people who had charges brought, cases pending or convictions in the courts rather than having to rely on some quasi judicial process of their own.
    Spot on Macy.

Reports are that nobody was arrested and charged. If its so obvious to the Minister for Justice that widespread criminal actions have been committed, why doesn't he get off his arse and ask the Garda Commissioner, to whom he has indirect accountability for, what action is taken place and what charges are pending? If, as has been said above, no action was taken, then the Commissioner should be asked to account for his forces inaction, rather than praised for doing half their job.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    remember the time they caused a minny rtiot at flancare? i guess that didnt happen either

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    remember the time they caused a minny rtiot at flancare? i guess that didnt happen either
    remember that well.. I got caught up in it at half time when walkin across to the club shop and had to do a runner after they tried to barge past our stewards! the memories of it all came back last nite watchin it!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Put it this way, the only time when all pubs in the southern end/Park Street/Carrick Rd/Cresent area of Dundalk close their doors are when there is a traveller funeral nearby or when Shamrock Rovers come to town. Says alot.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    Spot on!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    TV3 this morning said the game was marred by crowd trouble, never said to do with what, just said crowd trouble and showed a few pictures off Setanta, absolute joke, Dundalk fans had absolutely nothing to do with it and they couldn't even clarify that.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    This will disappear when the next "story" comes about - ie Fingal going bust, Pat Fenlon admitting he's actually Trevor Andersons lovechild, or even when another bunch of half heads start a row. Proper legislation, jail terms and points deductions will only begin to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    One thing's for sure, those Rovers trouble-makers were not schooligans. Most of them appeared to be in their late 20s, 30s and even early 40s.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BluSonic View Post
    The moronic "holier than thou" routine that will go off is laughable, no football fan can call any other team a disgrace for what the moronic hooligan element do. All the clubs we support unfortunitly have this element, its up to the real fans, the organisers of clubs, the FAI all to combine just like we do on the Racisim issue and wipe this embarrasment out.

obviously your fans are "saints", I was there in Richmond when a minority of you "fans" ran across the pitch comnfronting the full rovers support, mostly to laughs and jeers, they even tried to storm the dressing rooms, your club is not exempt, none is.

The fools who do this ruin it for everyone, in a very real way, from the fear in people around them, to action taken against the club.

in short: NO CLUB IS FREE OF FOOLISH ELEMENTS
    I agree with your last sentence but that is a world apart from your opening paragraph which claims 'all the clubs we support have this element'. Well thats really not true at all and while I would most definetely agree that fans can make foolish decisions, I have done so myself in my time, that is world's away from been branded a hooligan. I'd be hard pushed to recall an incident of hooliganism involving a Finn Harps fan, a Monaghan Utd fan or even a UCD fan.

In relation to Shams I think some of the critisism is a little unfair. They have a responsibility and there are actions they can take but this is a new era for them and with relocation to a new community this will have brought along a new generation of supporters. There will always be an element of society who will use football as a vehicle for their anti social behaviour. I'm sure historically much football related hooliganism had less to do with football and more to do with a select section of society to express themselves, all the while disguising it in football.

Somebody mentioned a Shams director at the bar. What could he have done? Would any of these perpetrators known who is was let alone listen to him. The problem here is this scum element who have once again tarnished the game have been able to act out this behaviour in the nmae of Shamrock Rovers and get away with it. Incentive enough to do it again. I think so. The other point is this is an away day for these idiots. A chance to go and exact thuggish behaviour outside their normal patch.

I'm sure enough fans here saw the faces of these idiots and would know whether they were new followers or seasoned supporters. As Ciaran knew a few of them I assume they are schoolgoing kids. New supporters then. Its wouldn't be hard to identify each and every one of them and shame them and disown them. Fines and point deductions only hurt the hard work clubs undertake to improve themselves and the standard of the league. It hurts the 99% of fans who just want to support their team and maybe dream of some potential reward for doing so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMorgan View Post
    One thing's for sure, those Rovers trouble-makers were not schooligans. Most of them appeared to be in their late 20s, 30s and even early 40s.
    They were Secondary Schooligans iirc
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Some of these scumbags have been at it for years, time and time again....did you see the guy that pulled his top over his head briefly thats the same guy who held a blow-up doll aloft in tallaght with a Bohs Jersey on thinking he was the man, then proceeded to burn it in the family stand.....what action was taken..ZERO. There was faces there i have seen involved for at least the last 10 years and ZERO has been done. Take a trip to the Maldron any match day in Tallaght and you will see the Danny Dyer crew drinking from hours before kick off, Mouthing off to anyone who'll listen, then full of soup they move outside and pick on families with children enjoying a day out a League of Ireland game, maybe there first and probably there last.

I have no faith that the club will do anything but sweep it under the carpet or ban a few names but no faces if you know what i mean. Personally i think they are scared of these people and feel intimadated by them, there is no other logical reason why you would let scum like this do what they have done to the club you love. Its time genuine fans in Tallaght voted with their feet, we might get some action then. If its one thing that the board in Tallaght don't like its money walking away.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    The funny thing about these lads is that none of them have the slightest clue about football and couldn't even name the starting 11
    Ahhh

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tallaghthoop View Post
    Some of these scumbags have been at it for years, time and time again....did you see the guy that pulled his top over his head briefly thats the same guy who held a blow-up doll aloft in tallaght with a Bohs Jersey on thinking he was the man, then proceeded to burn it in the family stand.....what action was taken..ZERO. There was faces there i have seen involved for at least the last 10 years and ZERO has been done. Take a trip to the Maldron any match day in Tallaght and you will see the Danny Dyer crew drinking from hours before kick off, Mouthing off to anyone who'll listen, then full of soup they move outside and pick on families with children enjoying a day out a League of Ireland game, maybe there first and probably there last.

I have no faith that the club will do anything but sweep it under the carpet or ban a few names but no faces if you know what i mean. Personally i think they are scared of these people and feel intimadated by them, there is no other logical reason why you would let scum like this do what they have done to the club you love. Its time genuine fans in Tallaght voted with their feet, we might get some action then. If its one thing that the board in Tallaght don't like its money walking away.

WTF are you on about, I go to the maldron before games and I see the w*nkers involved in this. But I can honestly say I've never seen them abusing families walking down the road, the situation is bad enough without you spreading lies.Yes they've been involved in hoolie behaviour for a long time and they now have a junior section looking up to them and it needs to be dealt with ala banning them from Tallaght and the club has dragged their feet in dealing with these knobs for far too long, but throwing in non factual stuff gets us nowhere.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    some people on here seem to blaming all Rovers "fans" but I think many agree it is a small element. Surely Rovers need to get the TV pictures from last night and work with the FAI and ban those involved. This is not a one off incident and several people on here have said then know those involved then do something about it to protect your club and give the name to FAI, police, Rovers board whoever needs to know to try and stop this in future.

Rovers have achieved good things on and off the pitch over the last few years so a firm stance is needed to help protect this and prevent future occurences of this kind of trouble.
    And Miles To Go Before We Sleep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran W View Post
    The funny thing about these lads is that none of them have the slightest clue about football and couldn't even name the starting 11
    Well if you know them so well I've no doubt you've already reported them
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Foot.ie!

I wonder if any of the 'fans' from last night are members of the 400 club? If so, would there be extra, more severe punishment for the club, considering they would be part of a group who actually run the club.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tallaghthoop View Post

Thats a brave post. One of the hoped for benefits of larger crowds in Tallaght would be that it would dilute the influence of these hard men. There was a time when Rovers significantly relied on them for financial support but I would think with crowds averaging 3-.5 k thats no longer the case?
    Hopefully the Rovers members who do not fear these people will use the Oriel incident to get rid of them from their club and from Irish football for good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran W View Post
    The most annoying thing for me is the fact that they are talking about it on the news and on the radio stations, but they wouldn't talk about the irish matches if they're had been no trouble. .if your goin to show all the bad stuff on the news you have to show the good stuff and the matches every week as well,they can all go fcuk off with their ''premier league". And im not saying that the rovers fans were right to do this,there was just a group of 20 or so scumbags who ruined the game for everybody !
    Have to say I agree with this. Main item on the RTE sports news at Six tonight, Main story on the back page of the Herald, plus a smaller story inside. Not saying it shouldn't be reported, not saying the incident wasn't totally out of order. Just frustrating when you know damn well that nothing that happens ON THE PITCH in this league will ever get that type of coverage. RTE report didn't even seem to know the Rovers managers name. Oh and BTW I do think Rovers deserve a sizeable fine (Not points deduction though, that would be OTT). It was scumbaggery of the highest order when all is said and done. Fine game as well, which makes it all the more frustrating. Dundalk were very impressive. Tough game ahead for Pats on Friday I think.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast