Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamrock Rovers Fans!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    The most annoying thing for me is the fact that they are talking about it on the news and on the radio stations, but they wouldn't talk about the irish matches if they're had been no trouble. .if your goin to show all the bad stuff on the news you have to show the good stuff and the matches every week as well,they can all go fcuk off with their ''premier league". And im not saying that the rovers fans were right to do this,there was just a group of 20 or so scumbags who ruined the game for everybody !
    Ahhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran W View Post
    who ruined the game for everybody !
    Speak for yourself. Ref only played 88 minutes when we were holding on for a draw. Your scumbags did us a favour!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    The most annoying thing for me is the fact that they are talking about it on the news and on the radio stations, but they wouldn't talk about the irish matches if they're had been no trouble. .if your goin to show all the bad stuff on the news you have to show the good stuff and the matches every week as well,they can all go fcuk off with their ''premier league". And im not saying that the rovers fans were right to do this,there was just a group of 20 or so scumbags who ruined the game for everybody !
    Once trouble like this happens, the usual suspects will be on the airwaves and media criticising the LOI.

All clubs (not just Rovers) have to rid themselves of their scumbag element. Enticing families to games is the way forward and scenes like last night put off a lot of peole.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In fairness this does seem a bit over blown. I guess having the director of the FAI/ the minister for justice there and the game live on TV does make it hard to sweep away. Bohs had a similar event in Bray last year, game stopped/ police on the pitch etc although not for as long. Its not quiet at the level of Wednesday fans attacking palace players on Sunday and yet we hear nothing about that. People like to knock the league and its supporters, we should not join in.

That said the idiots involved last night did drag their own clubs name through the muck, it should be up to Rovers to sort out.

5. Thanks From:

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Fran Gavin: "'Shamrock Rovers are owned by the supporters and they have worked very closely with their supporters and have been a model club in that area and have worked well in the community."

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0504/gavinf.html

"Model club" , "community", blah blah blah.
    I don't see the contradiction. The ownership model of Rovers is the sort of model that the League should be promoting. That doesn't mean they get everything right or don't deserve to be punished. The FAI made licencing a farce to bend over backwards for privately owned Cork City - they fudge for the "big" clubs, not on ownership.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BluSonic View Post
    There are far too many to post. The sillyness on here is unbelievable , one would swear that every club was devoid of a hooilgan element and innocent of incidents such as this.

From my own experience supporting Rovers:
    Shels "fans" showering us in 50p's on leaving Tolka (years back)
    Bohs "fans" storming Garda cordon's outside Dalymount
    Pats "fans" crossing the pitch to confront the Rovers fans, followed by the destruction of their own ground.
    Dundalk "fans" tossing ball bearings being into the away end
    Trouble in The Brandywell with the "fans" and Stewarts
    Cars and Busses vandalised in Cork and drogheda

This isn't an isolated Shamrock Rovers incident this is mostly leagues wide (bar the lesser supported clubs, UCD, Bray ect.)

I think most posters should be looking at their own house before the condem others, time for common sense, though it does seem to be that common around here.
    your digging a hole there mate
    theres list a long if not longer on just rovers fans alone incidents , everyone here knows its a small minority of so called rovers fans that cause these headlines but its up to yous at your club to fix it.
    theres been two major incidents this season from supporters one last night and one against st pats in tallaght .
    its no coincident that both incidents involved so called rovers fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The most annoying thing for me is the fact that they are talking about it on the news and on the radio stations, but they wouldn't talk about the irish matches if they're had been no trouble. .if your goin to show all the bad stuff on the news you have to show the good stuff and the matches every week as well
    Nah, that's rubbish.
    I wouldn't expect my Leinster Senior League match to be on TV, but if I killed someone in it, I would.
    The news shows extreme stories/stories of interest, that's the nature of it.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Im talking about rte news and all the radio stations giving big reports on all the premierleague matches but they tell you the results of the irish matches in 5 seconds flat. They dont even tell you the scorers ffs !
    Ahhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    I don't see the contradiction. The ownership model of Rovers is the sort of model that the League should be promoting.
    Apparently being a "model club" makes one immune to criticism and censure. Even when fans go on a rampage, attack the Guards, and try to cause the abandonment of game, the FAI appear on the air lauding Rovers as a "model club".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    They obviously didn't try and get the game abondoned. Jaysus fellah calm down. its a serious enough situation without inventing crap to lump on top of them
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Beyond identifying previously banned individuals to the home club's security at the turnstiles, and working with the Gardai and home club security to identify individuals after the incident, I'm not sure what more Rovers as a club can do when the trouble happens at an away ground?

If the Gardai are too incompetent/lazy/underresourced to arrest and press charges, then they are in effect sanctioning the behaviour that went on. We have a criminal justice system for a reason, and it is this that has to be the primary sanction in these kind of events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    They obviously didn't try and get the game abondoned. Jaysus fellah calm down. its a serious enough situation without inventing crap to lump on top of them
    It is the opinion of other people as well:

Foster last night claimed that the offending section of the Rovers support were trying to get the game abandoned.

"That's what they were trying to do at that point," said Foster, "Thankfully the referee has seen past that and let us play on."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...t-2163196.html

You may try and sweep it under the carpet, but to many people in the stadium it was obvious that the Rovers fans were trying to make the rest of the match unplayable.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,232 Posts
    Is Foster a schizophrenic? Cos I don't see how he can otherwise remotely be considered "other people".

And anyway, the opinion of an opposing manager is worthless in incidents like this. If you believed everything an opposing manager claimed...

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Is Foster a schizophrenic? Cos I don't see how he can otherwise remotely be considered "other people".
    That is what is called an e x a m p l e.

I can give you the names, addresses, and inside leg measurements of others who expressed a similar opinion.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chippie0001 View Post
    In fairness this does seem a bit over blown. I guess having the director of the FAI/ the minister for justice there and the game live on TV does make it hard to sweep away. Bohs had a similar event in Bray last year, game stopped/ police on the pitch etc although not for as long. Its not quiet at the level of Wednesday fans attacking palace players on Sunday and yet we hear nothing about that. People like to knock the league and its supporters, we should not join in.

That said the idiots involved last night did drag their own clubs name through the muck, it should be up to Rovers to sort out.
    We had had several issues with away supporters happen in the Carlisle in particular from Bohs and Rovers over the past 5/6 years. Dundalk have also had their moments in the Carlisle Grounds over the past 2 seasons.

Every club has an element that they would rather be without, it is up to each club to sort it out in house, if they do not then they deserve every fine/sanction they get and more.

I would totally disagree with you last sentance. If clubs allow this sort of behaviour or do nothing about it then we as fans should join in and put pressure on the club in question to clean up their act because it's doing the rest of us no favours at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts

Foster last night claimed that the offending section of the Rovers support were trying to get the game abandoned.

"That's what they were trying to do at that point," said Foster, "Thankfully the referee has seen past that and let us play on."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...t-2163196.html

You may try and sweep it under the carpet, but to many people in the stadium it was obvious that the Rovers fans were trying to make the rest of the match unplayable.
    LOL, why would I want it swept under the carpet?

Why would Rovers fans want the match abandoned? they've already lost a few this season, you and the "other people" are clearly insane (or mischievous) if you think they wanted this game called off.

Its ridiculously OTT claims like this that actually help get things "swpt under the carpet" as they can filibuster thier way through this, rather thana ddress the real issues at hand
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    It always saddens me to an extent to hear people call for the club to be punished, the club to be hit with a massive fine etc. The people that run Shamrock Rovers Football Club are good, honest football people. They have worked wonders with very limited resources these past few years to develop the club to what it is today and they should all be very proud. They cannot be responsible for who decides to support them. Over the years, especially in the late 70's I can remember savage violence at LOI games involving clubs like Sligo Rovers, Waterford and Dundalk when they came to Limerick. At all times both parties were to blame. Our bus was stoned in Dalymount in 1982 at the Cup Final by Bohs fans and a 60 year old man had to get 12 stitches in his head.

The Rovers board have nothing to be ashamed of. It's the small minority of scumbags that need to be identified, fined and jailed. Unfortunately it is very hard to deter these people from travelling to away games. Policing needs to be scrutinised more outside the ground with a better screening process in place for known troublemakers. Examples need to be made of these people in the courts and the media
    Well said Joe Soap,your post is the most sensible so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Except the lads involved last night are very well known to people within Rovers and have been involved in previous incidents. They're not banned form Tallaght either.

If Rovers clamp down on them, they will absolutely get plaudits from people here, the majority of whom are pro Rovers (despite what Rovers fans themselves think - look at any of the Tallaght threads for proff)
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    im not going to be too hard on the Rovers posters here as i know that when its your own club that is under the spotlight its very hard not to try and make excuses for or in some way defend how and why it happened. For us last year against Bray it was the Gardai's fault, for Dundalk when they showered Fenlon with coins during an interview it was TG4's fault, today its the referee's fault.

The simple fact of the matter is that it is a small percentage of people who are causing these headlines. However, the comments of Fran Gavin are irresponsible and he should be applying pressure on SRFC to try and eliminate this problem. In his rush to defend them he has actually only made the potential for future incidents more likely. I know Bohemians have tried to stamp out the problem since Derry with varying degrees of success. There are still occasional incidents and occasional mistakes in admitting trouble makers but i think a good job has been done overall.

It would be nice to see some genuine response from Rovers and the League on this. From what i have seen of it, it was actually a pretty stupid incident but very noticeable and, unfortunately, the damage has been done in the public eye.

24. Thanks From:

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Well said.
    Lets talk about six baby

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast