Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamrock Rovers Fans!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    If anyone should know better than to call all Rovers fans scum it is you Partysaint ,you have enough mates that are Rovers fans .
    Do i no you??
    Here on a technicality.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
    Just a few..amazing how they all agree with your bias. Could you not find anything that disagrees..? I can.
    Would it not make sense to post them rather dismiss his post?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    There are far too many to post. The sillyness on here is unbelievable , one would swear that every club was devoid of a hooilgan element and innocent of incidents such as this.

From my own experience supporting Rovers:
    Shels "fans" showering us in 50p's on leaving Tolka (years back)
    Bohs "fans" storming Garda cordon's outside Dalymount
    Pats "fans" crossing the pitch to confront the Rovers fans, followed by the destruction of their own ground.
    Dundalk "fans" tossing ball bearings being into the away end
    Trouble in The Brandywell with the "fans" and Stewarts
    Cars and Busses vandalised in Cork and drogheda

This isn't an isolated Shamrock Rovers incident this is mostly leagues wide (bar the lesser supported clubs, UCD, Bray ect.)

I think most posters should be looking at their own house before the condem others, time for common sense, though it does seem to be that common around here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Do they need to be posted to prove it? They are there for all to see, even red4eva. They are far easier to find too.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    the game in oriel tonight was properly policed.If an element travel to create trouble then you can police and steward it to death and you will still get trouble.The main point is SRFC fans have done this before and the club and their board have just pushed the problem to one side.I agree with posters on here tonight that say we all have scum elements involved and following "their" clubs but not to the extent that they will come close to getting a LOI game abandoned.(and i thought at one stage that it was going to go that way) Do not blame the chambers or MON sendings off as been the catalyst for the trouble,it was going to start at one time or another because the scum involved went to oriel tonight with just that on their minds.
    SRFC board and fans deserve a big fine and a sanction of some kind because that side off their house MUST be put in order and fast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    One of the main lads involved in all of the trouble is in my school, and i know a few of the others to see from around tallaght, they are absolute scumbags !
    Ahhh

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    People are probably overreacting - the section of the crowd was briefly out of control, but the stadium was more than adequately policed and they Gards easily defused the situation. It took a few minutes for cool heads to prevail on the Shams (I'm a Rovers fan, for the record) side, but nothing serious happened, probably because it was the poser faction going up against a police force that's dealt with far, far worse.

The referee had clearly bottled it by that point, though. Unless I'm mistaken, the referee signalled 6 minutes added on (the game was stopped longer than that for the disturbances alone) and blew up after 5.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Do i no you??
    you know enough of us to know that we are solid LOI fans who greet other fans with a warm welcome in the Maldron before games,a welcome that you yourself have enjoyed,you have let yourself down jumping on this thread and adding to the they are all scum nonsense but you are young you will learn,and we will welcome you again in friendship and football.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    A few observations about the disturbances from Shamrock Rovers "fans" tonight:

1) The number of trouble makers involved were relatively small among a large and generally decent Shamrock Rovers support (some of whom left the ground immediately the trouble erupted).

2) The problem was dealt with quickly and with great efficiency by stewards in the first place and especially by the Gardai subsequently

3) To my knowledge no one was injured or hurt (other then the perpetrators, possibly)

4) There were no arrests inside the ground (although there certainly could/should have been)

5) Opposing fans did not come into contact in any skirmish.

6) It is inevitable that the media and some foot.ie posters take pleasure in exaggerating and point scoring on rival clubs in this type of situation.

None of the above disguises the potentially dangerous and unacceptable situation that is facilitated by the inaction and irresponsible attitudes of those running the Shamrock Rovers club:

A) The lack of co-operation from SRFC regarding ticket sales for away games is appalling. SRFC have continually thwarted efforts by Dundalk (and presumably by other clubs) to make games ticket only. This is starkly illustrated by the fact that less then 100 tickets were sold by SRFC in advance for tonights game. For the last league game in October only token efforts were made to sell tickets, with Rovers fans being expressly told by the club that "you can get them on the night" despite a specific agreement to the contrary. This distancing from responsibility by SRFC is indicative of the general attitude and apathy towards how some followers of the club behave.

Of course advance sales of tickets by SRFC would not guarantee an absence of the moronic behaviour seen tonight, but would certainly allow for many known troubles makers to be stopped at source.

B) There were minor but unsavory incidents on both occasions when Rovers came to Oriel Park last season. On one occasion a senior SRFC official was asked to intervene with a number of unruly Rovers supporters in the stand. He refused to leave the bar, saying it was nothing to do with him!

C) On another occasion another Rovers board member actually interfered with a steward who was trying politely to get some Rovers fans to return from the home section to their allocated section of the stand. The arguments and interference became a far greater potential flashpoint then the original difficulty.

D) The same Rovers board member was incredibly sanguine about events tonight, shrugging the shoulders and saying "that’s football, passions get inflamed"

Make no mistake about it, Shamrock Rovers do not have a monopoly of badly behaved followers (we in Dundalk have our own significant small core of trouble seekers). There was no direct serious outcome tonight. But if proper and decisive action is not taken it is only a question of time before there are serious consequences. A further consequence is that the reporting of tonights trouble is likely to entice more trouble makers to Oriel and disuade families from attended.

If clubs (which includes their decent fans) are not prepared to take the required decisive actions needed, and continue to pay lip service to their responsibilities (which includes the idiot posters here and on the SRFC forum minimising the issues), the FAI must take the more stick then carrot approach. Fines are not working for SRFC - it is time to change attitudes there with a more radical approach
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 04/05/2010 at 5:38 AM.

11. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Why didn't they just pepper-spray the c***s.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts

FAI fudge commences

Fran Gavin: "'Shamrock Rovers are owned by the supporters and they have worked very closely with their supporters and have been a model club in that area and have worked well in the community."

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0504/gavinf.html

"Model club" , "community", blah blah blah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Ah, so its the community's fault then?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Ah, so its the community's fault then?
    No, it's Salthill, Monaghan, Mervue and UCD's fault for bringing the scum element into our beautiful well run league. Disgraceful clubs they are.

16. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Fran Gavin really is a fool, he talks an awful lot of waffle. To think he has a senior role in Irish football, think its time to go Francis.
    Last edited by Quadruple1928; 04/05/2010 at 11:16 AM.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rovers should definitely be fined for this.......but we all know they won't or if they are it will be some piddly token gesture amount.

Interesting post by Ezeikial on their lack of cooperation aswell.

As for Fran I don't think his rubbish comments today are a suprise at all. Him and the FAI are so pro Rovers it's sickening.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadruple1928 View Post
    Fran Gavin really is a fool, he talks an awful lot of waffle. To think he has a senior role in Irish football, think its time to go Francis.
    Everytime Fran Gavin is on tv he comes out with the same rubbish, how Rovers are the example for the league, everyone should copy them etc.

If he actually took a hard line (meaningful fines etc.) against the club instead of all his inane waffle it would actually force the club to deal with the issues.

Instead we just have to hope Shamrock win at the weekend to avoid any potential for trouble & the officials don't make any decisions that might upset the shamrock fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    If he actually took a hard line (meaningful fines etc.) against the club instead of all his inane waffle it would actually force the club to deal with the issues.

Instead we just have to hope Shamrock win at the weekend to avoid any potential for trouble & the officials don't make any decisions that might upset the shamrock fans
    It always saddens me to an extent to hear people call for the club to be punished, the club to be hit with a massive fine etc. The people that run Shamrock Rovers Football Club are good, honest football people. They have worked wonders with very limited resources these past few years to develop the club to what it is today and they should all be very proud. They cannot be responsible for who decides to support them. Over the years, especially in the late 70's I can remember savage violence at LOI games involving clubs like Sligo Rovers, Waterford and Dundalk when they came to Limerick. At all times both parties were to blame. Our bus was stoned in Dalymount in 1982 at the Cup Final by Bohs fans and a 60 year old man had to get 12 stitches in his head.

The Rovers board have nothing to be ashamed of. It's the small minority of scumbags that need to be identified, fined and jailed. Unfortunately it is very hard to deter these people from travelling to away games. Policing needs to be scrutinised more outside the ground with a better screening process in place for known troublemakers. Examples need to be made of these people in the courts and the media

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BluSonic View Post
    There are far too many to post. The sillyness on here is unbelievable , one would swear that every club was devoid of a hooilgan element and innocent of incidents such as this.

From my own experience supporting Rovers:
    Shels "fans" showering us in 50p's on leaving Tolka (years back)
    Bohs "fans" storming Garda cordon's outside Dalymount
    Pats "fans" crossing the pitch to confront the Rovers fans, followed by the destruction of their own ground.
    Dundalk "fans" tossing ball bearings being into the away end
    Trouble in The Brandywell with the "fans" and Stewarts
    Cars and Busses vandalised in Cork and drogheda

This isn't an isolated Shamrock Rovers incident this is mostly leagues wide (bar the lesser supported clubs, UCD, Bray ect.)

I think most posters should be looking at their own house before the condem others, time for common sense, though it does seem to be that common around here.
    Fair enough everyone has their own problems but I certainly don't believe that it's as bad as ye have it. That's twice this season already where your fans have caused trouble at a match (coming onto the pitch against Pats as well) which is a pretty bad ratio.

I do believe that Shams have to get some sort of fine over this. I think we got a fine last season for some banners from the Forza Rovers crew after the McGuinness / Boco racist incident. The Forza boys don't make up anywhere near the majority of our fans whatsoever but the club suffered because of this. What happened last night is certainly worse then that I would think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    It always saddens me to an extent to hear people call for the club to be punished, the club to be hit with a massive fine etc. The people that run Shamrock Rovers Football Club are good, honest football people. They have worked wonders with very limited resources these past few years to develop the club to what it is today and they should all be very proud. They cannot be responsible for who decides to support them. Over the years, especially in the late 70's I can remember savage violence at LOI games involving clubs like Sligo Rovers, Waterford and Dundalk when they came to Limerick. At all times both parties were to blame. Our bus was stoned in Dalymount in 1982 at the Cup Final by Bohs fans and a 60 year old man had to get 12 stitches in his head.

The Rovers board have nothing to be ashamed of. It's the small minority of scumbags that need to be identified, fined and jailed. Unfortunately it is very hard to deter these people from travelling to away games. Policing needs to be scrutinised more outside the ground with a better screening process in place for known troublemakers. Examples need to be made of these people in the courts and the media
    Agree 100%.

The FAI should be working with the Gardai and the clubs to maintain a database of banned individuals who are not permitted entry to LoI grounds. If there are legal obstacles to this, they should be sorted out. Other countries can do it, so should we.

If at that point clubs don't enforce banning orders, then throw the book at them. But the FAI and Gardai need to take the lead on this IMO.

24. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What bothers me the most is the joy that most other fans are greeting this with. FFS lads its pathetic, take off the blinkers and see it for what it is. Ugly scenes no doubt, scumbags indeed, but it was 20 lads out of hundreds. They're on live TV, hopefully the board or the Gardia will take action and they wont be let into any LOI ground for the foreseeable future. More productive than a points deduction or heavy fine but not what most here want to see, predictably. This sort of petty point scoring is embarrassing.

26. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast