Harps down to 10. Minnock sent off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Cork City F. 1 - 0 Salthill D. FT
    S. Fingal 1 - 0 Bray FT
    Galway 0 - 0 Sligo FT
    Last edited by Fester; 04/05/2010 at 8:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Finn Harps down to 9 men

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Waterford 0 - 0 Athlone T. FT
    Longford 0 - 1 Wexford Youths FT
    Derry City 2 - 0 Finn Harps FT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    New Derry, Old Derry? The more things change the more they stay the same.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancinpants View Post
    New Derry, Old Derry? The more things change the more they stay the same.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    We didn't half make hard work of Salthill tonight, Davin O'Neill scored with 10 left.
    The Salthill keeper was MOTM, made a string of excellent saves including an amazing point blank save from Cummins near the end.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Jesus lads, ye must have offered the ref double money tonight.

The first time I have ever claimed a referee to be biased but that was beyond a joke tonight.

Firstly, McLean's first free was easily blocked by our wall, the ref calls it back, books walsh and moves the ball 2 yards more central to the goal and on the edge of the box.
    Mclean celebrates by running at James Doherty and screaming in his face whilst his team mates tried to pull him away. On his way to his own half he launches at Mickey Funston, hitting him with his elbow flooring Mickey. The ref only books him.

This led to the nasty scenes at half time where both sets of players went at it in the tunnel. The ref stayed on the pitch out of sight so he doesn't have to see anything.

After picking up a soft yellow in the first half Minno picked up a pointless second yellow and left us at 10 men. McCallion makes the same exact tackle and yet only a free is awarded, no booking.

some of the decisions by the ref were downright disgraceful throughout the night.

The second for Derry came from an embarrassing mix up in our defence.

Matty Crossan was sent off in a tussle with a Derry defender in the Derry box during a Harps corner kick, both men were at it yet Matty gets a second booking and his marching orders.

Really ****ed of after tonight but it's amixture of the result and the fact that we just can't seem to create never mind score in a match.

The truth of the match was, had we played another 3 days we wouldn't have looked like scoring.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    We didn't half make hard work of Salthill tonight, Davin O'Neill scored with 10 left.
    The Salthill keeper was MOTM, made a string of excellent saves including an amazing point blank save from Cummins near the end.
    Was he called Mannion? A fairly heavy chap?

If so, then perhaps the .......eh..good-natured banter ...from Limerick fans about his weight has spurred on his professionalism.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    excellent point for Galway considering how many players we were missing. Shepperd was brilliant again and special mention to Tom King and our kepper as well. We need some of our injured players back asap as we only had 3 subs tonight. Terrible attendance again; 940 about 150 from Sligo I would say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    excellent point for Galway considering how many players we were missing. Shepperd was brilliant again and special mention to Tom King and our kepper as well. We need some of our injured players back asap as we only had 3 subs tonight. Terrible attendance again; 940 about 150 from Sligo I would say.
    It doesn't help though when its the third Monday in a row we've been at home...and a Friday home game sandwiched in between. We don't have a home game til Friday 2 weeks now afaik

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post

The first time I have ever claimed a referee to be biased but that was beyond a joke tonight.

Firstly, McLean's first free was easily blocked by our wall, the ref calls it back, books walsh and moves the ball 2 yards more central to the goal and on the edge of the box.
    Mclean celebrates by running at James Doherty and screaming in his face whilst his team mates tried to pull him away. On his way to his own half he launches at Mickey Funston, hitting him with his elbow flooring Mickey. The ref only books him.

This led to the nasty scenes at half time where both sets of players went at it in the tunnel. The ref stayed on the pitch out of sight so he doesn't have to see anything.

After picking up a soft yellow in the first half Minno picked up a pointless second yellow and left us at 10 men. McCallion makes the same exact tackle and yet only a free is awarded, no booking.

some of the decisions by the ref were downright disgraceful throughout the night.

Matty Crossan was sent off in a tussle with a Derry defender in the Derry box during a Harps corner kick, both men were at it yet Matty gets a second booking and his marching orders.

Really ****ed of after tonight but it's amixture of the result and the fact that we just can't seem to create never mind score in a match.

The truth of the match was, had we played another 3 days we wouldn't have looked like scoring.
    Walsh clearly ran out and blocked before it was hit. McClean was stupid celebrating the way he did, but he'll learn from it. Have to say it was a poor Harps performance. As you said, you could have played on and still wouldnt have scored

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by City till I Die View Post
    Walsh clearly ran out and blocked before it was hit. McClean was stupid celebrating the way he did, but he'll learn from it. Have to say it was a poor Harps performance. As you said, you could have played on and still wouldnt have scored
    You're right...Walsh did run out and block the ball but the ref should have made that tool McClean take it from the same spot as before not closer to the goal and more central as Sam said. I can't believe for the life of me why McClean was not sent off. It was bad enough going and celebrating like that but to then go and hit Funston and only get booked? Unbelievable! I've seen bad refs but he just takes the biscuit!

Doesn't take away from the fact Harps were very disappointing and the only effort on target the whole game was directly from a corner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts

Thumbs up

Well done Derry, keep it up.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mickey funston was running around the pitch kicking lumps out of the derry players..also at half time as he was going of the pitch he pushed a derry player and then trip up a derry player, that is why the assistant ref ran into the area going into the changing rooms,i think a lot of people were surprised to see him come out for the 2nd half...also your man doherty was taunting young mc clean before the match that he would not score a goal tonight, so what does he do scores a goal so he went over to let him know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    As others have mentioned, Walsh clearly infringed on the free. In my view you don't get enough of them given.

McClean was over the top in the celebration, but Doherty might want to lay off the mind games. His tackling was right enough to shackle McClean.

Who was the player that collapsed in a heap near the centre circle away from the ruckus. Good to see McQ sprint 20 yards to get involved, sadly it was the most effective run he made all night......

As for Minno, he made a number of tackles and was expressed warnly by the ref both before and after he got the first yellow.

The last line on your post is very true, very very toothless Harps side.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Minno should never have been playing, he hasn't trained with the side never mind played in 5 weeks and even then he only managed a first half against Shels.

Doherty had McLean in his pocket, ye used to think Hargy was the dogs boll*x when he was a right dirty pr!ck in Muckerville yet when one of yer own players gets the same treatment it's ok for your players to attack him? McLean was doing nothing up until that in open play.

That player that "collapsed in a heap" was Mickey Funston, the player that got a slap from McLean on his way back to the half way line.

As for the infringment on the free, that's fair enough then so but why move it 2 yards to a more central position?

I suppose to get beat 2-0 by a side with over 3 times our budget is fair enough, you would expect Derry to win this division at a canter with the kind of money they are paying out. I was truely shocked to hear the Derry budget last night. I bet over half of the Premier Division managers would take your arm off for that kind of resources.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Minno should never have been playing, he hasn't trained with the side never mind played in 5 weeks and even then he only managed a first half against Shels.

Doherty had McLean in his pocket, ye used to think Hargy was the dogs boll*x when he was a right dirty pr!ck in Muckerville yet when one of yer own players gets the same treatment it's ok for your players to attack him? McLean was doing nothing up until that in open play.

That player that "collapsed in a heap" was Mickey Funston, the player that got a slap from McLean on his way back to the half way line.

As for the infringment on the free, that's fair enough then so but why move it 2 yards to a more central position?

I suppose to get beat 2-0 by a side with over 3 times our budget is fair enough, you would expect Derry to win this division at a canter with the kind of money they are paying out. I was truely shocked to hear the Derry budget last night. I bet over half of the Premier Division managers would take your arm off for that kind of resources.
    What is our budget? I've no idea btw.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Was he called Mannion? A fairly heavy chap?
    No, according to the Examiner the lad was called Forde, only looked about 15 and not the tallest but played superbly.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Eh? Were you chatting to Philip O'Doherty last night?
    If not, where did you get your figures from and what are they?

Excuses excuses......

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast