Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Weekend games (30 April)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    Not really a reply to what i was getting at but anyway.

I wasnt at the game, your right. First game iv missed so far this season.
    So from what your telling me we had two up front? Suprised if that was the case. Have nt gone with a 4-4-2 in god knows how long. Are you sure it wasnt just Crowe up front supported by conan on the right and Zayed on the left. That would be more in keeping with how we play and have been playing for well over a year now. Where did Mc Faul play out of interest.
    Yeah Crowe was up front on his own. Probably had miss of the season as well when the ball came to him a few yards out and rather then tap it in he decided to control it, take his time and then watch as Brush saved it. He was pretty bad the whole match though. Couldn't believe it when O'Neill wasn't starting.

Very good game actually. Pretty even first half but we were well on top the second half. Should have gotten a draw out of it. Didn't. Such is life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    i assume there are no games on tv tonight? do rte show any games live on their website?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    No live games on RTE, no games on the website that aren't on TV

MNS is on though
    Last edited by Dodge; 03/05/2010 at 12:58 PM. Reason: see below for setanta...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Dundalk v Rovers is LIVE on Setanta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Dundalk and Rovers is on Setanta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    LOL, I totally forgot about checking Setanta...
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Crowe should of scored 2 goals last Monday as well missed 2 great chances which he should of scored but somehow when it looked easier to score his missed.I thought Fingal played 4-4-2 last Monday but was happy to see Crowe up front instead of Zayed who I think is a very good striker just dont get why Buckley plays him on the left when they play 4-5-1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Agreed - budget should equal quality and quality should equal points. Bohs and Fenlon have dramatically underperformed.

To put it into context - for Bohs the cost per point won to date (based on estimated budget) is about €5,500 - €6,000, whereas for Pats and Dundalk its in the region of €1,500 per point.
    ive tried being reasonable but i have to say that that is one of the worst attempts to put something into context ive ever read on this forum. Its ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I imagine that the vast majority of Pats and Dundalk supporters are very content with the performances of the respective teams and managers.
    easily pleased. Going by just how overwhelmingly average we've been, im surprised everyone else has been equally as overwhelmingly average and not taken advantage.
    Last edited by SkStu; 03/05/2010 at 4:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    easily pleased. Going by just how overwhelmingly average we've been, im surprised everyone else has been equally as overwhelmingly average
    Surely some thing can't be overwhelminglt average. Maybe under whelmigly average?

Regardless, Pats fans have absolutely every right to be over the moon with how the manager and players have performed so far. Limited budget, completely new team but everyone of them work hard, play for each other and we're top of the league and in a cup final

The talent level may dictate that we'll end up with nothing and in mid table but it won't be down to the manager and the spirit within the team.

From what I've seen of Duindalk so far, they have similar attributes to ourselves. Won't speak for them but from having had to watch very talented footballers with awfu attitudes last year, I'll take this bunch of tryers every single season.
    ---

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Surely being 'average' indicates no whelming of any kind.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Surely being 'average' indicates no whelming of any kind.
    Perhaps, or maybe he was just straight up whelmed
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Surely some thing can't be overwhelminglt average. Maybe under whelmigly average?
    hey Dodge, i didnt coin that one! That was in P-Stu's original critique.

but yeah, i get your point. If its more about exceeding expectations then youre absolutely right. All i was saying was if a team is looking at winning the title then it would be kicking itself that it hasnt taken advantage of our poor form. Its easy to criticise the poor form of Bohs right now but it wont last and nobody is really taking advantage of it anyway and maybe posters like Ezekial should be looking at that side of it too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by showgies View Post
    McFaul played in the middle of the park, Zayed did a lot of defending for a forward, practically played left back.
    Yeah it sometimes looks like that. For all our potential attacking options we can be sometimes way too negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Yeah Crowe was up front on his own. Probably had miss of the season as well when the ball came to him a few yards out and rather then tap it in he decided to control it, take his time and then watch as Brush saved it. He was pretty bad the whole match though. Couldn't believe it when O'Neill wasn't starting.

Very good game actually. Pretty even first half but we were well on top the second half. Should have gotten a draw out of it. Didn't. Such is life.
    Its been the story of his season so far. Not that he has played a lot though. He hasnt produced anything for us in the time he has been on the pitch. Why O Neil was on the bench is beyond me. He has been our best player this season. Even when he is not on his game, he is still putting in the work. Tireless player for us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Betting Man View Post
    Crowe should of scored 2 goals last Monday as well missed 2 great chances which he should of scored but somehow when it looked easier to score his missed.I thought Fingal played 4-4-2 last Monday but was happy to see Crowe up front instead of Zayed who I think is a very good striker just dont get why Buckley plays him on the left when they play 4-5-1
    I thought we signed crowe from you s. He was your best player on the night .
    It was our usual 4-3-3. Its just a little more attacking at home.
    The way I see it is, Zayed is a goal scorer. One of the best finishers in the league. He gets a chance he tends to score. This is not always the case for O Neil but O Neil is a work horse, something Zayed isnt. Doesnt make sense to play Zayed out wide where the position requires a lot more work than Zayed is willing to put in. We should just pop him up front where he is most effective. While O Neil would do a great job out there on the left.

Personally I hate this so called 4-3-3. I felt it was one of the reasons why our league position was third last year. Too negative at times. I like the good old 4-4-2. Would love to see O Neil and Zayed up front in a partnership. I dont think this has even happened once since both players have come to the club. A waste if you ask me.
    Last edited by Lamper.sffc; 03/05/2010 at 6:47 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567