Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Setanta Cup Final (aka Last Man Standing)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    If it was on TV showing Bohs fans causing trouble i would slate them, Just because a few obsessed Rovers fans say they were causing trouble doesnt mean its true
    Even the rovers fans aren't falling for it in that thread. Guards must be worried that they'll lose some of their overtime if there isn't regular trouble.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Off the Pats forum....

Total mess on the day. Looks like Bohs got the butt end of a frustrated lot. FAI are responsible they hired the ground and all related parties.
    It felt badly run and intimidating from the start, pats fans were sent by Gardai to the wrong turnstiles to begin with,then had to wait to get in while turstiles operators could be found . Bangards took the Bamboo from flags of smiling little kids with a very cold attitude and smirks on theyre faces ,totally unnecessary behavior. The fans I saw were all in a good friendly mood .It was a football game between two clubs ,that rarely have trouble off the pitch when we meet ,with lots of kids and smiling families,yet the Gards looked like they were in the hood ready for riots to kickoff.
    I spotted only one Bohs fan on the fairly empty Luas an hour before kickoff,so im surprised it could have been that over filled going back since most used other forms of transport.

Im wondering just how over crowded the Luas was in the first place to justify Gardaí physically pulling people ,old/and young ,off it .I Cant imagine the Gards ripping people off the Luas or the Dart after its over filled with rugby fans coming from the RDS or Landsdowne , ive been on the Luas in the morning were its been so over crowded ive ad to get off to breath but ive never seen the Gardai come along and pull people off it.

LOI/Setanta games are obviously used as training excercises and when no trouble occurs the Gards /special branch make some to justifiy them being there. Im sure they're briefed that they're about to go into a warzone of working class animals that go football,and are shown videos of the few Rovers ********s that give the whole league a bad name.It'll never change but hopefully a few heads will roll this time
    Looking a the pictures, It looks like excessive force was used.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Kind of summed it up with the "specimen" of the finest Police Force in the World who was stood in front of us on the pitch as the trophy was being presented.

One of the most gormless stupid looking people I've ever seen - the look on his face suggested that not only did he not know which part of the city he was in - more so which planet he was on.

And as for the Luas incident undergoing some revisionism on the link above - maybe the "photographer" responsible would like to post some video footage of what actually went on - then people can make a proper judgement on what really happened.
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    If it was on TV showing Bohs fans causing trouble i would slate them, Just because a few obsessed Rovers fans say they were causing trouble doesnt mean its true
    What do you think now after the arrests were made. Are we still making it up? I'd have a bit of respect for you if you just admitted you hate Rovers so much that you'll highlight everything negative about us while burying your head in the sand when the same incidents happen to other clubs(including your own). Too many on here do exactly as you do.
    False hope is worse than no hope. Ask Sligo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
    What do you think now after the arrests were made. Are we still making it up? I'd have a bit of respect for you if you just admitted you hate Rovers so much that you'll highlight everything negative about us while burying your head in the sand when the same incidents happen to other clubs(including your own). Too many on here do exactly as you do.
    About the only thing is that rag of an article that was true is that NO charges have been brought against anyone. I was on that LUAS and the behaviour of the so called "Guardians of the Peace" was disgraceful.
    There was no pats fans there so there could have been no fighting between the fans. The women and childern there were Bohs fans and were upset/shocked at the behaviour of the gardai and the heavy handed approach they took. Several people took pictures on mobile phones and had them snapped from their hands and confiscated by Gardai. Given the heavy Garda presence on the day it appears they were looking for any excuse to "show who was boss".
    A number of fans have lodged complaints with the Garda Ombundman and surprise surprise a story is "leaked" (two weeks later) to a journo that has done previous hatchet jobs on LOI. I understand the Herald jouno (in the broadest sense) has confirmed the gardai were the source of the story.

Dont usually post about this type of stuff and have no problem admitting Bohs fans have been involved in incidents in the past but yesterdays "story" was a joke (even by Herald standards) not unlike the Garda who justified their attack "because they were throwing bottles" (said to us at the time). Guess the lack of any bottles led to the rewrite before sending out the story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    About the only thing is that rag of an article that was true is that NO charges have been brought against anyone. I was on that LUAS and the behaviour of the so called "Guardians of the Peace" was disgraceful.
    There was no pats fans there so there could have been no fighting between the fans. The women and childern there were Bohs fans and were upset/shocked at the behaviour of the gardai and the heavy handed approach they took. Several people took pictures on mobile phones and had them snapped from their hands and confiscated by Gardai. Given the heavy Garda presence on the day it appears they were looking for any excuse to "show who was boss".
    A number of fans have lodged complaints with the Garda Ombundman and surprise surprise a story is "leaked" (two weeks later) to a journo that has done previous hatchet jobs on LOI. I understand the Herald jouno (in the broadest sense) has confirmed the gardai were the source of the story.

Dont usually post about this type of stuff and have no problem admitting Bohs fans have been involved in incidents in the past but yesterdays "story" was a joke (even by Herald standards) not unlike the Garda who justified their attack "because they were throwing bottles" (said to us at the time). Guess the lack of any bottles led to the rewrite before sending out the story.
    I agree with everything you say about that newspaper. The point I'm making is that the same people who are blaming the cops in this instance are the people who won't believe a word when it comes to Rovers, ie it's always Rovers fault but when it comes to their own clubs it's the cops fault. Believe me you guys don't have to deal with the muppets we'll have to deal with on Saturday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    To be honest Hooply, After the performance of the Guards that day and the subsequent rubbish printed in the paper I do now admitt that i have been harsh on Rovers fans in the past who said it was the Guards fault or the papers just made it up, maybe they werent lying

Oh and Yes i do f*cking hate Rovers and i also feel the same about Shels and Bohs
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    I agree with everything you say about that newspaper. The point I'm making is that the same people who are blaming the cops in this instance are the people who won't believe a word when it comes to Rovers, ie it's always Rovers fault but when it comes to their own clubs it's the cops fault. Believe me you guys don't have to deal with the muppets we'll have to deal with on Saturday.
    While the "newspaper" (again, braodest sense) is a rag the fact that the story was given to it by the Gardai two weeks after the event would indicate to me that it was the Gardai getting a defence together as the Ombundsman investigates a number of complaints made.
    Not justifying/agreeing with it but thought the stuff about Oriel well over the top as FFS you would see worse outside a country pub any Saturday night (OK and some Dublin pubs )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    To be honest Hooply, After the performance of the Guards that day and the subsequent rubbish printed in the paper I do now admitt that i have been harsh on Rovers fans in the past who said it was the Guards fault or the papers just made it up, maybe they werent lying

Oh and Yes i do f*cking hate Rovers and i also feel the same about Shels and Bohs
    Fair play. Nothing wrong with hating Bohs either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    no one likes us, we dont care....

(but i do really, it hurts my feelings )
    Last edited by SkStu; 26/05/2010 at 4:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Fair play. Nothing wrong with hating Bohs either
    ............even less wrong with "f*cking hating Rovers"

Seriously, have noticed a much more aggresive approach by Gardai at games this season. is this to justify the "Football Intelligance unit" (an oxymoron ?) or just a Bohs thing ? Any views out there ?

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Apart form one game where 2 (presumably off-duty officers) rambled in on bikes and stayed for a while, I haven't seen gardai at any Limerick home game this season, and probably won't unless we pay for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post

Seriously, have noticed a much more aggresive approach by Gardai at games this season. is this to justify the "Football Intelligance unit" (an oxymoron ?) or just a Bohs thing ? Any views out there ?
    This may sound cuckoo but I think the cops are getting practice in for the inevitable 'big riot' coming soon to town.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123