Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Looks like Bohs will be seeded in 2nd qualifying round of CL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lep View Post
    I think the capacity is only 3000 but i dont know if thats with the extra seats i think they are putting in. Oswestry is a big enough place.
    That's with standing - the seated capacity for the Fram game was around 1,000
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Fingal look to have a tricky tie against a Portuguese outfit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    That's with standing - the seated capacity for the Fram game was around 1,000
    I thought the ground's capacity had to be 3,000 hence the whole Dundalk thing?
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fionnsci View Post
    No Dundalk wanted to increase our capacity to 3000 to make it feasible(money wise) to stage the game in Oriel,anything less and we would have been as well to play game elsewhere
    Only another 9 titles till Drogheda become pride of county louth!!!

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I'm almost certain the FAI make that requirement of Irish clubs because it was definitely mooted at the time of our Euro game v Odense (the first in the "recent" games). The ground Pats played in in Malta certainly wasn't 3k
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

7. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    I'm almost certain the FAI make that requirement of Irish clubs because it was definitely mooted at the time of our Euro game v Odense (the first in the "recent" games). The ground Pats played in in Malta certainly wasn't 3k

The UEFA Stadium Regulations of 2006 were in force until superceded - with little or no advance notice - by the 2010 regulations which only came into effect this May. The earlier edition required minimum of 3000 seats for category 2 stadium classification. The new regulations then dropped this requirement to 1500 seats.

This is the minimum category required by UEFA for Europa League QF1 and QF2, and the 3000 seats rule has been the requirement since 2006 to now, unless the national association is granted an exemption by UEFA (perhaps the case in Malta)

Dundalk's upgrade work was to meet this 3000 seat / 2006 regulation, and even though this has now changed downward it is irrelevant as 1500 capacity would not meet the demand nor make the work economically viable.

The downside of the changes is that QF3 and beyond now requires a Category 3 stadium (QF3 previously was Category 2 stadium) so most clubs have to move ground one round earlier (great problem to have). Aviva, RDS, Tallaght,Thomond and Croke Park are the only ones and only the first two are feasible for any club this season.

9. Thanks From:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678