Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like Bohs will be seeded in 2nd qualifying round of CL

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Yerrah, you can go more fun places than that!

(No offence to Welshies, cos Wales is quite nice).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Precisely.. tisnt about location tis about co-efficients xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    A trip to Wales would be great, they have two clubs going into the draw for a start, prob best chance of progression for us and also great opportunity for fans to travel in big numbers to the away game. However there might be a few problems if we draw anyone with a decent away support though (from any country) as we will only have around 3,000 seats less the usual not for sale/press allocation.

I think this reduces us to a limit of 2,500 paying punters, maybe less, so a lot will be disappointed. But at least we have the game at home and hopefully can add to the seating capacity at a later stage.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    The trip we had to Rhyl a couple of years ago was pretty good - as it allowed those who couldn't normally afford to go halfway across Europe the chance of an away trip
    Kom Igen, FCK...

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    http://www.airtricityleague.com/inde...ir-play-table-

no extra spot for Irish teams through fair play this year unfortunately.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Am i the first to say, i hope every Irish club in europe, gets knocked out in their first game?

Oh and stick your co-efficent up your hole
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Not the first. Plenty of others feel the same

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    Am i the first to say, i hope every Irish club in europe, gets knocked out in their first game?

Oh and stick your co-efficent up your hole
    Not the first but it means that much more when you say it ha ha ha ha...your great grand kids might like the co-efficent maintained but then again they might not be too botherd either ha ha ha ha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Summer season was brought in so that we would regularly have a team in the group stages of the CL or later the Europa league. It has failed miserably,now lets forget about playing games in youknowicanistan etc and pay more attention in promoting and developing our own league. IMO a return to the traditional season is a must. Take the Rovers feelgood factor out of the equation and crowds are desperate. It would be great to see BOEEZ do well in the CL, but at the end of the day ,Bill, does it put bums on seats in Ballybofey/Waterford/Limerick/Galway etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Who said that was the reason for summer football? I've never once heard about any targets...

13. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corkharps View Post
    Summer season was brought in so that we would regularly have a team in the group stages of the CL or later the Europa league. It has failed miserably,now lets forget about playing games in youknowicanistan etc and pay more attention in promoting and developing our own league. IMO a return to the traditional season is a must. Take the Rovers feelgood factor out of the equation and crowds are desperate. It would be great to see BOEEZ do well in the CL, but at the end of the day ,Bill, does it put bums on seats in Ballybofey/Waterford/Limerick/Galway etc
    Crowds were desperate before, and will be in the future. The impact of either summer or winter football on this will be minimal.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Summer season was brought in so that we would regularly have a team in the group stages of the CL or later the Europa league.
    Group stages of the Champions League? Nobody seriously thought that could happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    such a backward attitude. i laugh at people who are against summer football, as if the crowds were there before. it was brought in to improve our results in europe which it has done. result! how anyone could wish for a rainy bog pitch in dec over summer football is beyond me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Group stages of the Champions League? Nobody seriously thought that could happen.
    Ollie and the two Gerries?

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    it was brought in to improve our results in europe which it has done. result!
    I've no desire to go back to winter football either, but I'm not sure how much impact summer football has had on LOI teams' European performances. I'd say that full-time football and the training that goes with it had a bigger part to play.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    such a backward attitude. i laugh at people who are against summer football, as if the crowds were there before. it was brought in to improve our results in europe which it has done. result! how anyone could wish for a rainy bog pitch in dec over summer football is beyond me.
    Crowds are down during the summer months when the old season would've been closed, the european progress just happened to coincide with full time clubs, and I forgot it only rains in December. It's been great conditions for the last few cup finals though, I'll give you that...

But the point really is they never put in place measures of what exactly summer football was supposed to do. Every reason for moving can be argued, or explicity shown to have been false, but since there's (deliberatley) no planned target to measure it against then we have this debate every few weeks.

There's a reason why other leagues, such as the league of wales, have looked at what we've done and seen it's crap and not changed!
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    if we didnt have summer football we would be going into europe out of season. why would anyone want to go back to that.

There's a reason why other leagues, such as the league of wales, have looked at what we've done and seen it's crap and not changed!
    eh id like to think our ambitions are a bit more advanced than the league of wales!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    if we didnt have summer football we would be going into europe out of season. why would anyone want to go back to that.
    No reason you couldn't do a July-March season.

eh id like to think our ambitions are a bit more advanced than the league of wales!!!
    How does that counter the point made?

The Scottish league have been looking at it too and not changed anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Will Shamrock Rovers go directly into the 2nd round of the Europa League and if so why? It'd be good if they started in round 1 with a fairly handy game rather than going straight into a potentially tricky 2nd round tie.

The Europa league group phase is definitely more accessible these days, just look at some of the teams who got to the group stage last year, we'd fancy our top teams against them.

Also,I think the Croatian team(one of the Zagrebs I think) who Red Bull Salzburg edged out in the 3rd qualifying round last season qualified for the group phase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd View Post
    Will Shamrock Rovers go directly into the 2nd round of the Europa League and if so why? It'd be good if they started in round 1 with a fairly handy game rather than going straight into a potentially tricky 2nd round tie.
    Yes Rovers start in the second qualifying round. The higher in the rankings a nation gets, the later in the competition their teams enter, hence the reason that Rovers are into the second qualifying round. See here for where clubs enter for the different countries: http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/...ccess2010.html

The League of Ireland is ranked 30th for the allocation of places in the 2010/11 competitions. In that chart in the Europa League, Fingal are 'CW', Rovers 'N2' and Dundalk 'N3'.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

25. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast