Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like Bohs will be seeded in 2nd qualifying round of CL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    If Bohs do get into the 3rd qualyfing round and then get knocked out will they be seeded in the Eurpa league draw??
    No - they would very likely be one of the very bottom seeds.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    My sadness at missing out on a European trip or two is only worsened by the prospect of another 4 odd months of incorrect interpretations (we beat a seed so we'll be seeded in the next round), wild jumps of logic (x has a better coefficient than y so they are expected to win...) and to top it all, shouting down of any Longford fan who even mentions "Europe" and "performance" in the same sentence...

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    My sadness at missing out on a European trip or two.
    Shur ye make a European trip every away game ye play.

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    No.

I'm gutted we're not in europe this year after the last couple of seasons. great times

Yeah and considering it was Pats in the last two seasons that raised the co-efficients, no justice, eh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    My sadness at missing out on a European trip or two is only worsened by the prospect of another 4 odd months of incorrect interpretations (we beat a seed so we'll be seeded in the next round), wild jumps of logic (x has a better coefficient than y so they are expected to win...) and to top it all, shouting down of any Longford fan who even mentions "Europe" and "performance" in the same sentence...
    I agree, especially as Longford Town's results are still aiding other clubs.
    The sensitivity increases from fans whose clubs are in UEFA-sponsored competition, it's a "don't you understand we are in Europe" whinge-fest.
    UCD will be making one change in our fixture list in late July and the EA Sports Cup semis are in August (hopefully that won't be a concern).

But I have noticed one club whose fans, to their credit, relaxed after a number games in a short period and so much so met some challenges in travel and access, that in other years the fans would have hit the roof, I would have feared for them. But more recently they did seemed to enjoy themselves far more.

Another problem I have, is over reliance on the Bert Kassiesa website, especially when some poster asks a question and a vague link is given to that site. That's poor form aswell. (I don't even speak plat-deutsh)
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Carmarthen town just taught i'd throw that in there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    Lyon losing tonight has guaranteed Bohs will be seeded. It was extremely likely anyway based on results around the european domestic leagues but Lyon losing means that a team that has already qualified for the CL throught their domestic league position is guaranteed to win the CL now which has, in turn, opened up another spot elsewhere in the draw meaning we move up another place in the rankings for seeding. as explained (better) on the bohs MB some time back...

Yes

The top three in England, Spain and Italy automatically through to the group stages. The CL champions are also automatically through.

If say Chelsea win the CL and also finish in the top three in the EPL the would go through to next seasons group stages as champions but the extra place for finishing in the EPL top three would go to the champions of the next highest ranked league who do not currently automatically qualify for the group stages rather than the fourth placed team in England.

As one team would then leave the Champions qualifier draw Bohs would move up one place in the rankings and be more likely to be seeded.
    Last edited by SkStu; 27/04/2010 at 10:45 PM.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Lyon losing tonight has guaranteed Bohs will be seeded. It was extremely likely anyway based on results around the european domestic leagues but Lyon losing means that a team that has already qualified for the CL throught their domestic league position is guaranteed to win the CL now which has, in turn, opened up another spot elsewhere in the draw meaning we move up another place in the rankings for seeding. as explained (better) on the bohs MB some time back...
    Definately good news but I wouldnt get too hung up on seeding. Still down to the draw and there are very few easy games in europe for LOI teams. We have come a cropper before against so called easier draws

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Glasgow Rangers FC and FC Copenhagen (if they win domestic crown) have benefitted even more, Rangers qualify for the Group Stage and I understand the Danish champions will move up a round (to 3q) to fill the gap left by Rangers.
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    do bohs still start in the 2nd round?
    If you've nothing good to say, say it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayjames View Post
    do bohs still start in the 2nd round?
    Yes - only 4 teams in round 1, champs from Montenegro, Andorra, san marino and Malta.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    ah right thanks

just noticed the northern irish champs will be in 1st round next year!
    If you've nothing good to say, say it.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    i find the layout of the wikipedia site better (even if they use the same source) than the bert klauss site.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2...alifying_round

Its not perfect because while it shows bohs seeded it leaves BATE and sheriff tirapsol unseeded, it also shows bohs are below ekranus and helsinki when bohs' seeding is higher than theirs.

Debrecen in hungary will be higher seeded than bohs as well, but anyways thanks to the bumping up of teams due to lyon getting knocked out it looks like bohs will def be seeded.

Basically bohs only have to win 2 rounds (not necessarily consecutively) before getting to the Europa League group stages. win one, lose (drop to EL where st pats were last year, win = EL group stages.....OR
    win first two rounds and lose third dropping to EL group stages (which is what RB Salzburg did last year). It should def be easier than last year when they were unlucky not to go through against salzburg (who won their group in the group stages).

As to the EL it is more work to measure seedings of teams but in the
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2...alifying_round
    Dundalk should be seeded.

In the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2...alifying_round

it looks close as has been said shamrock rovers should be seeded and sporting fingal probably not.

So who does who want to get or is it too early for this sort of talk....??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayjames View Post
    just noticed the northern irish champs will be in 1st round next year!
    Only if the 2010/11 winner doesn't qualify through their league, which isn't that likely.. Although if they drop down one more place they would start in the first qualifying round the year after that alright.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paudie View Post
    I think Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk will be seeded in the round they enter but Fingal won't be seeded when they enter in the following round.
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    Rovers enter at QR2 and therefore won't be seeded. We should be fine for seeding in QR1 alright though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky12345678 View Post
    In the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2...alifying_round
    it looks close as has been said shamrock rovers should be seeded and sporting fingal probably not.
    So who does who want to get or is it too early for this sort of talk....??
    Just in relation to 1, 2 and 3 for LoI clubs in Europa League.
    I understand because Sporting Fingal won the domestic Cup that they get CW while the others get SRFC (N2) and Dundalk (N3). I am sure it happens regular, that the cut-off point in seeding is down the middle of the same country.
    All three have the same co-efficient value, they might all get in second round as seeds.

Does anybody know a competition where a club progressed because of where they came in the Alphabeth.

After Edit:
    I have to change my prediction and say that none of the LoI in 2nd qual. will be a seed. There is up to twenty clubs coming from the 1st q. rd. with higher values, added to the clubs in the 2nd q. rd by right and it pushes the LoI clubs out of the top half.
    Last edited by HarpoJoyce; 30/04/2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: change prediction
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Seems a bit harsh that you have Rosenborg, the Serbian champions and BATE on one side of the draw, and the champions of Luxembourg and Andorra on the other. Either the really good teams shouldn't be involved at that stage or there should be an open draw. The Europa League qualifiers feature a bit more of an equal chance for all teams involved, although you still have the chance of drawing a Croatian team which would be tough.

Incidentally, great job by whoever's editing those wikipedia pages.
    Last edited by Cymro; 01/05/2010 at 10:49 PM.
    "Life is like a hair on a toilet seat. Sooner or later you are bound to get pi$$ed off."

"In this league, a draw is sometimes as good as a win" - Steve Morison

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    First european campaign for me, cannot wait
    Ahhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    We`re def seeded in Round 1, pray tell for a Welsh side.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    What's the point of getting into Europe just to go to Wales?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    To win and get another game

obviously

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast