Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ban the booers for life.......

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    I hope people do not boo Keane, but if they do i'll admit they have a right to, because its related to an Irish team matter, i.e. the Saipan fiasco. Similarily, fans had a right to boo McCarthy because they weren't happy with performances, handling of the Keane situation etc. On the other hand, people should under no circumstances boo Romanias Ganea for example, just because he lamped a Celtic player in another game. I couldn't care if he beheaded him, it has nothing to do with the Irish team or Irish football. Thats my whole point on the 'ban the booers' issue, you're not listening Davros!

With regards to Keane, I don't see the point in booing him - whats the point looking back and dwelling in the past? Get on with it and support the team instead, booing only leaves a sour taste, divides support and is to the overall detriment of the team.
    Despite forgetting whether you're for or anti, I agree with you totally. Keane was booed before at the Iceland game. McCarthy was booed at the Swiss game. Both incidents were Ireland related yet. As for this Kennedy bloke poleaxed by some Romanian, the only thing I'm interested in is why someone with his name was playing for Scotland? However, it is time to look forward. Booing Keane will do two things. The obvious, ruin the Karma in the Iirsh team - if this isn't ruined already by the return of Keane - and secondly, send the message out that at the end of it, Irish fans are a thick bunch. This forum is the place to get things off your chest. As the good father says above, once he's back in the green shirt that's the end for me.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I do hope common sense does shine through when RMK return's and people don't be booing the guy. I remember the game in 96 v Iceland and it was sad to hear one of yer own player's getting booed like that, and all it done was divide the support, when i told a mate of mine to chill with the booing i was accused of being a Man u fan, so there yer have the Irish support spilt along the line's of english club's, how sad.
    Can't say Roy Keane would be on the top of my christmas card list but when he pull's on that green shirt be v Poland or Romania he should have 100 per cent support nothing less, this is our national team we're talking about here, which is more important then any single person or personality clashes be it Keane, McCarthy or any one else for that matter.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvo
    this is our national team we're talking about here, which is more important then any single person or personality clashes be it Keane, McCarthy or any one else for that matter.
    Well said Sylvo.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    Well,if I see the Brat in Polska,do intend to offer him a prawn sandwich(or local equivalent!),does this count?!

Seriously,JUST because someone wears an Ireland shirt.....does that make them beyond Reproach?That's a fierce burden to put on someone......................esp.someone as volatile as........
    It does for me once the team comes out and soldier's song starts up. Too many people turn up at Ireland games to give the players stick instead of using their energy to get behind the team. I'm not talking about RK here. I've been to matches where there's a non-stop commentary as if these people were Brian Kerr himself (well I don't think Brian Kerr would say 'get up you lazy black c*nt, Babb). Pick up a video of ultras in Italy, Greece or Turkey and learn something about getting behind your team for 90 minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well,if I see the Brat in Polska,do intend to offer him a prawn sandwich(or local equivalent!),does this count?!

Seriously,JUST because someone wears an Ireland shirt.....does that make them beyond Reproach?That's a fierce burden to put on someone......................esp.someone as volatile as........
    As volatile as yerself maybe. In an ideal world M mac and RMK should have had their head's knocked together and hopefully some sense might have come out of the collision, and while this was going on Tom Humpty and Eamon Grumpy and any other writer or ghost writer should have been dropped out of a plane over Afganastan and left there, leaving RMK and M Mac to get on with it rather then being able to cash in on a punch up that we all lost in the end.
    You were sitting in front of me @ the Cameroon match in Nigata when that chant of ''are you watching Roy Keane'' was being sung by a small section of people, and most people i spoke to afterward's felt awkward about it because they like me where only interested in getting behind the team and not being caught up in slanging match's during the match between fellow fan's, that's why that little tune got drowned out, and if people start that craic @ LR proberly worse will happen, i certainly don't want that, i'm only interested in supporting the team.
    Another thing if you do see RMK in Poland and decide to have word's yer on yer own, i seen what he tried to do to the Tan's old Captin @ St James Park.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Lopez and Sylvo we need more fans like yous.
    Davros I see where your coming from but as the lads said the good of the team has to be put ahead of personal feelings/vendettas towards one player.
    Anyway if you do choose to go down that path expect trouble....there'll be plenty of Keanites around who will try keep ye quiet...
    <insert witty remark>

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio
    You're not serious are you??????????????

Roy appologise to that former centre half with no first touch who somehow became manager of our country? You're having a larf surely. We all know that meeting was a set up and Roy gave it to Kermit McCarthy between the eyes.

Poy Keane: National Hero...

I'm not a Man U fan btw...
    Silvio Dante is back in the building. Everyone reach for their tin helmets.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Alright bud. Its been too long...
    Welcome back! Look forward to some super cyber-rumbles with some of your old sparring partners and some new ones too - sure you'll get to meet them soon enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Suppose I will. I've been on a personal voyage of spiritual discovery for the last few months.
    yeah, one of the UCD boys found you bothering a US ultra-right christian website. kind of went up in my estimation then

good to see you back (and even talking sense )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PS.Notice NONE of the self-righteous pompous PC brigade on here,have chosen to comment on AT of Celtic being booed by the Tans in Sweden...........
    didn't hear anything about that, there was an Irish game on at the time so it's unlikely too many that post on here were watching that England game so maybe you can give the self-righteous pompous PC brigade the benefit of the doubt.
    Obviously it's along similar lines to Celtic 'fans' booing Rangers players though, booing someone based on where they play their club football. It's Pathetic.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345