Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ban the booers for life.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by davros
    4TTF....Sounds incredibly pompous...Who are the f*ck are you/the FAI to bar anyone who cheers/boos for whatever reason....
    I'm for Any atmosphere inside Lansdowne,even a negative one,as the Pr*cks in the W.Stand are evidence of!As far as I'm concerned,people who are cheering/booing,are more real fans than those FG androids......

....In,case yer wondering about Celtic,the club has been around longer than the FAI & assoc.bodies'....& as I keep saying,the Vast majority of Tims would & do welcome Irish fans with open arms........Maybe I should arrange a trip for the uneducated on these MB's who've never been to Parkheed....?!
    davros old boy, I've seen some confused ****e talked in defence of bringing ones sectarian hang-ups to Ireland games but when it comes to confusion you seem hell bent on raising the bar for us all. You sir are as confused as an Asian skinhead.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    next time the Tans show up....sit idly by & watch them try to demolish the ground again...Great!
    Your missing the point again Davros.
    This has national significance and many feel the English would be justified abuse.I'd have no problem with it as it isn't based on club football.The argument is that club allegiences shouldn't be relevant at LR
    Last edited by Beavis; 06/04/2004 at 4:30 PM.
    <insert witty remark>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Beavis just hit the nail on the head there - the thread is about idiots that boo both Irish & Opposition players because of the clubs they play for - some people here have gone off topic, so much so that they are now confused as to what the thread is about. If the English came to LR, thats an Irish national issue and has nothing to do with club football, does it? Similarily the Roy Keane booing fiasco had nothing to do with clubs, nor did Mick McCarthy being boo'd at the Swiss game, these were Irish issues. You can boo all you like in those situations because they are relevent to the Irish team. However, foreign club issues such as transfers, grudges, rivalry's or match incidents have nothing to do with Irish football, and thus should be kept away from LR. Simple as that.

Also, could we stop with the Huns\Munichs\Tims cockney BS please?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Main point taken, if not always agreed with. As ever, I view it as grey rather than black-and-white. However, if I tried to boo England (which you suggest IS acceptable), Mrs PP would no doubt have my balls in the blender! I'll just have to be quiet then...

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvo
    I take it when you talk about Lopez's travelling companion you are trying to get me dragged into this little differance of opinion, (cheer's hoss there'll be a pint waiting for you in the barylka bar on mariensztat square, warsaw, noooot).
    Muchas gracias caballero. Dav, as you can see from da Sylv's quotes both here and prior, he's got as much time for club politics as I have. As for 'who the f*ck you telling me pal who tay boo' well I'm coming closer to signing this petition with that attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie
    You sir are as confused as an Asian skinhead.
    You've met Davros in the flesh then?
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chill ouuuuuut da two of yer. I would like to see all the other team having to put up with a bit of stick not just the odd person because yer don't like his club, in the eighties LR one hell of an intimadating place because all the other team got a bit of stick,i'd like to have banner's with'' failte go hell'' welcoming the opponent's (that would have people tripping over their golf club's) and LR full of thousand's of roman candel's burning, one lad in the south terrace light's a roman candel quite often and is alway's grabbed by steward's, I feel there should be thousand's of them being lighted.
    That Scotland game Dav in 2000 I remember most of the Scotland team got stick that day from us lot in the east stand, not just the Ranger's player's and even there was some banter with the Scotland fan's (nothing nasty) after all it was a local derby.
    As for the Asian skinhead qoute mr ritchie made, he must have seen that photo of yer in Albania in 93 in that road to America book.
    Now i hope you and Lopez are friend's again, cause i don't want to be spending my trip to Poland breaking up kick off's between you now.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvo
    Chill ouuuuuut da two of yer.
    Sylvs the only pills I is popping at the moment are some anti-inflammatories for my sprained lower back. I can't take anything stronger: One bloke where I worked got a Michelle de Bruin style interrogation off the LUL doping squad for having a few poppy seed rolls - they had to have a few extra tests to make sure he wasn't 'trainspotting' . So I'm permanently stressed.

Dav. It's a waste of time arguing with you on this matter. I just wish people would get behind the team and forget their clubs when they go to LRd. Yes I've given grief to players, including that obnoxious bloke now at Blackburn, because he's a bigoted f*cker, not because he plays/played for Rangers. Same with Judas. He could play for Rangers, Hearts, Linfield and Barstardolona for all I care if he was a better professional for Ireland. And what's with this 'PC' BS? Do you want racist chants and monkey noises back at football because it's creates a better atmosphere?
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What p***ed me off about wednesday night was when the Cezch's scored it prompted load's of people to lose it just because they did'nt like the team Barros played for, most of these people did'nt even go half as mad when we scored, and then what happened was that other people around us who were Liverpool fan's started on about him and Liverpool, so there you have it section's of the Irish support split over two ingurlish club side's, how sad.
    As for those Gobs***es with their high pitched boo's who booed Liam Miller, maybe when their cojone's drop and they step out of the school playground into the big world they will hopefully find out that when someone pull's on the green shirt you support them and don't make themselves look total clown's by booing one of yer own team. Apart from that great night, great result.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopez
    Winning a game for you may well be equivalent to a good dose up the nose of some Bogotá marching powder, but what the f*ck has this go to do with booing Liam Miller? (Do like those foxy ladies on ourweeminds. Shame about the muppets they're with! )
    My point was that booing your own players isn't quite as big a deal as you think. Bans for life? Get a grip, man. Up the Villa!

Davros- you saying you AREN'T a fat cnut? Hello?
    They're red, they're black
    The hatchetmen are back.

We'll support you evermore
    Though you never score...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You're still a fat bald cnut though, innit. I've got ye the Polski phrase book, make sure you all behave yourselves!

March, March, Dabrowski
    From Austria to Poland
    But when you get to Windsor
    Your boys will take a beating

possibly.
    Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 09/04/2004 at 10:52 AM.
    The hatchetmen are back.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Talking

We need a poll here....
    Who's ate all the pies DG or Davros?
    <insert witty remark>

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We sold 114 tickets you fat bald cnut (about 10 left at half-time, either they were too hungover or had heavy dates at Bar Nimeta)
    The hatchetmen are back.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Apart from the last visit there when we won 1-0, you numbskull...
    The hatchetmen are back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What odds on Keane getting a worse reception than Miller on his first appearence in Lansedown Road?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    What odds on Keane getting a worse reception than Miller on his first appearence in Lansedown Road?
    That could be a problem alright, and its that which could ultimately affect team morale, not Keanes actual return. I hope supporters have enough cop on to support the team and look forward - whats the point looking back?

Then again, as this thread has already discussed, there are alot of idiots going to Irish games these days, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    The majority of long-standing fans who went to Japan,ended up being v.Keane....they're not the blow-ins,who make up a substantial majority of the LR audience......
    Yes, that's right. Because anyone who couldn't afford to travel to Japan must be a blow-in, and they shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on this.

Edit- BTW, I'm anti-Roy Keane, but I hate the attitude of people who feel that they are somehow 'better' fans than others because they go to more away games.
    Last edited by brendy_éire; 14/04/2004 at 10:02 PM.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    BE.....no-one denies your opinion...but for whatever reason,Ireland's most dedicated fans went to the Far East.....I know many of them,inc.those who've done many games,more than me.....they are more entitled to judge players commitment,than the occ.armchair fans who show up to Lansdowne....they go to more games...!
    Fair enough, you may be in a better position to comment on commitment, but doesn't make us blow-ins.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Exclamation

BE.....no-one denies your opinion...but for whatever reason,Ireland's most dedicated fans went to the Far East.....I know many of them,inc.those who've done many games,more than me.....they are more entitled to judge players commitment,than the occ.armchair fans who show up to Lansdowne....they go to more games...!

As you are far more entitled to comment on Derry C.....I have an opinion,I guess similar to yours,in many respects.....but you know far far more,as you're a DC fan & go to games....I've only been to Derry once in my life!
    Well if you're suggesting that I'm a blow-in you can politely **** off 'cos i've been going to LR since the opening games of the 1990 WC qualifiers, my first one was V Malta at home. I've been going religiously ever since. I've only managed one away game, V England @ Wembley in '91, this is largely due to the fact that i'm still only 23 and am just finishing college this year. From May onwards i'll be working full-time, and alas i'll be finally able to fund my away trips. I look forward to meeting you and listening to you're much more,...er,.. experienced views on Irish football

Having watched Ireland for 14 years from Charlton thru Kerr, I'm no blow in bud. And another thing. I know loads who went to all three of our World Cups, and only a few of them go to LR regularly. We'd all have been there if we could afford it. Needless to say, I don't subscribe to your greater 'entitlement to judge players just cos you go to away games' theory!
    Last edited by 4tothefloor; 15/04/2004 at 2:31 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I hope people do not boo Keane, but if they do i'll admit they have a right to, because its related to an Irish team matter, i.e. the Saipan fiasco. Similarily, fans had a right to boo McCarthy because they weren't happy with performances, handling of the Keane situation etc. On the other hand, people should under no circumstances boo Romanias Ganea for example, just because he lamped a Celtic player in another game. I couldn't care if he beheaded him, it has nothing to do with the Irish team or Irish football. Thats my whole point on the 'ban the booers' issue, you're not listening Davros!

With regards to Keane, I don't see the point in booing him - whats the point looking back and dwelling in the past? Get on with it and support the team instead, booing only leaves a sour taste, divides support and is to the overall detriment of the team.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    i think he should have stayed where he was i.e. out of the intl scene.

but if and when he pulls that green shirt over his head there is simply no way
    can anybody think of booing the guy.
    for the good of team and the thought of how divisive it would be.last time i
    looked it was about 60%/40% for his return so if a boo echoes out you could have a disaterous verbal argument between the irish supporters making us a complete laughing stock.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast