Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ban the booers for life.......

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    Oh dear. Looks like we're heading for our first "difference of opinion". ...
    PP. Despite having to throw off a load of students of your alter mater on Friday for once more jamming the doors open on the ten-to-four from Rickmansworth, I think highly - as you know - of a lot of what you say in this forum. So don't take this personally (cc. Davros).

No I'm not a great club football man - Deportivo La Coruna, Cork City (keep Conchita happy) and Kildare County is my limit; any Irish or Spanish team that gets through to the Champions League; any team with a large Irish (or Spanish) contingent; and there are is these Scottish League clubs I have an affection for, especially the one that has kept close to its Irish roots. However, as someone said here - remember a Longford Town logo - club matches fill the gaps between internationals. They, as yourself admitted, are the cherry on the pie. And the thought that Miller being booed for joining Man Ure (despite my dislike of them, it surely would improve the status of any player of what is one of the top twenty clubs in the world); Maybury joining Rangers; or any other club matters is simply anathema to me at Ireland games. If these club matters are that important for certain fans then don't jump the queue for tickets for Ireland games.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis
    I was hoping (Nedved) get some abuse.His tackle on Maybury in that Champions League game was a disgrace.Completely intended to injure and I would have been delighted to see him being jeered (tried myself for the first few minues till I got bored) but thankfully instead we got the benign Milan Baros as he left the pitch applauding the crowd,which was some solace...
    I read about this recently. It just shows where many fans allegiances lie. Had he been playing for Celtic , Man Ure or da pool, Nedved would have got a hot reception. I was hoping Alan would do a Rambo during the game and f*cking cripple the woman, even if it meant a red card. But then isn't that letting club matters take over the good of the game: i.e. the result. Big up to Alan for not doing that.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fer Jaysus' sakes calm down lads.

I gave Andy Smith some gyp in Tallinn the other day. To be fair,

a) I was drunk

b) he was possibly also drunk

c) he was repeatedly kicking their skilful but girly winger, Mr Kink.

If I can go back to Tallinn next year, I'll happily endure being banned from football

PS ever seen Davros (off here) and the new NI assistant manager together?
    They're red, they're black
    The hatchetmen are back.

We'll support you evermore
    Though you never score...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So speaks the man who was sent off (as non-playing manager) in last week's championship success.

He called an oppo player a "fat, bald, cnut" apparently.
    They're red, they're black
    The hatchetmen are back.

We'll support you evermore
    Though you never score...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    Would disagree....I'm not beyond reproach...Boo the Orange Vermin(& other de facto fascists!),Tans,Munichs & C*rpet-sh*ggers are all fair game.....I've been booed by all of the above & would expect to give back no less....It is,er,democracy....No? All this pales into significance....the next time the Tans come to Baile Ath Cliath......
    You do half talk some sh*te at times.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gardner
    Fer Jaysus' sakes calm down lads.

I gave Andy Smith some gyp in Tallinn the other day. To be fair,

a) I was drunk

b) he was possibly also drunk

c) he was repeatedly kicking their skilful but girly winger, Mr Kink.

If I can go back to Tallinn next year, I'll happily endure being banned from football

PS ever seen Davros (off here) and the new NI assistant manager together?
    Winning a game for you may well be equivalent to a good dose up the nose of some Bogotá marching powder, but what the f*ck has this go to do with booing Liam Miller? (Do like those foxy ladies on ourweeminds. Shame about the muppets they're with! )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopez
    I read about this recently. It just shows where many fans allegiances lie. Had he been playing for Celtic , Man Ure or da pool, Nedved would have got a hot reception.
    You can knock da pool off of that. In my 15 years going to LR I've never seen or heard a Liverpool fan give opposition players stick - and there's been plenty of Man U & Everton players who have played at LR in that time. Liverpool fans tend to be more mature (older) than Man Ure and Celtic fans, thus they don't take part in the childish drivle that is the subject matter of this thread.

Celtic fans will probably be out in force to boo Ganea at the Romania game now. For that reason, I'm going ahead with writing a letter to the FAI. Anyone who boos for reasons outside of the national side and what happens on the pitch should be shown the door for life. Fcuk 'em, nobody wants 'em, and we certainly don't need them. In future, lets hope they continue their love affair with Man Ure\Celtic\armchair republicanism from the comfort of their bar stool, while watching their favourite channel, Sky Sports.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Maybe I should arrange a trip for the uneducated on these MB's who've never been to Parkheed....?!

Could you arrange a trip to RKC Waalwijk for me? An irish charter palne flew over the town three years ago. Ive been a mad RKC fan since. And sure, doesnt their name mean everything there is to be irish?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    PS.If it was ever proved to be malicious by our Romanian friend,hope Keane/Muscat whoever crocks him....though I suspect he didn't mean to crock Kennedy..just'take him out'?
    In,case yer wondering about Celtic,the club has been around longer than the FAI & assoc.bodies'....& as I keep saying,the Vast majority of Tims would & do welcome Irish fans with open arms........Maybe I should arrange a trip for the uneducated on these MB's who've never been to Parkheed....?!
    Who cares if Ganea meant it or not? I couldn't give a toss about Kennedy, he's a Scottish international who plays for Celtic - means nothing to me whatsoever. You might as well be talking about an Icelandic player being chopped by a Dutchman. As for going to parkhead to be educated - ha ha ha ha, FFS! I'd rather watch my own club Limerick FC any day. You'd swear to god parkhead was the holy grail or something - why would I want to go to Scotland to watch Celtic thump some mickey mouse team, or alternatively watch them in the mediocre UEFA cup? Whats the point in that? Or is it so I can flag wave and sing the fields of athenry? I'm Irish, I don't need to prove it to myself - and in any case, why would I want to by supporting a Scottish club?!

You'd do well to remember the next time you're in LR, you're there to support Ireland, not Celtic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How do u know it was man utd fans

I dont support Man Utd but how do you know it was them booing Baros. I think booing is wrong, booing of rangers players booing of miller booing for Baros. Going by the logic that it was Man Utd fans booing Baros, was it liverpool fans booing Roy Keane against Iceland. That was a disgrace too. There should be know booing of individual players like that. But Liverpool fans should not get sanctimonious about it. DID i spell that correctly

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think its sad that people born in Ireland decide to support a foreign team. Should an Irish team meet Man Utd/Lpool/Celtic in a European match in Ireland I can imagine the home side having less supporters in the ground.

What is worse is people of Irish decent born in England supporting Celtic 'to enhance my Irishness' Surely a pint of Guinness and a Daniel O'Donnell LP would do this too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Declan_Michael
    What is worse is people of Irish decent born in England supporting Celtic 'to enhance my Irishness' Surely a pint of Guinness and a Daniel O'Donnell LP would do this too?
    C'mon Declan, have you ever actually sat and listened a Daniel O'Donnell LP? Celtic's by far the easier option for us plastics... no, er, I mean, um...

I have to say I'm astounded that anyone of Irish descent born in England would support Celtic to - as you put it - enhance their Irishness. For one, anyone guilty of your point is a glory-grabber rather than a true Celtic fan as far as I can see. For two, sure isn't it much easier to spend a few quid with Ryanair and go and visit the auld sod?

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    C'mon Declan, have you ever actually sat and listened a Daniel O'Donnell LP? Celtic's by far the easier option for us plastics... no, er, I mean, um...

I have to say I'm astounded that anyone of Irish descent born in England would support Celtic to - as you put it - enhance their Irishness. For one, anyone guilty of your point is a glory-grabber rather than a true Celtic fan as far as I can see. For two, sure isn't it much easier to spend a few quid with Ryanair and go and visit the auld sod?

PP
    It's not glory hunting I speak off - although it is rather dubious that Hibernian do not command half the support Celtic do. Back in the day, people paid a few shilling to watch their neighbour play for the local team. It was called community spirit, town pride. However somewhere along the line people started sticking pins in maps in order to determine their footballing allegiance. Incidentally, I tried this myself and ended up sticking a big white pin on Madrid.

If Ryanair are guilty of anything its providing regular low cost flights to Glasgow, Liverpool, Manchester.

Celtic are Irish why? Because it does their financial status no harm to play up their green roots? No different from English pubs sticking up tricolour bunting on 17th March.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    As far as I'm concerned,people who are cheering/booing,are more real fans than those FG androids......
    Not when the reason they are booing a person has no connection with the team they are there to support
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    In,case yer wondering about Celtic,the club has been around longer than the FAI & assoc.bodies'
    Complete b*ll*cks. The FAI split from the IFA in 1921 and the IFA was founded in 1880, eight years before Celtic BUT one year after Hibernian.
    ....& as I keep saying,the Vast majority of Tims would & do welcome Irish fans with open arms........Maybe I should arrange a trip for the uneducated on these MB's who've never been to Parkheed....?!
    Well I'll reserve judgment on that pompous statement until the day one of our players turns out at Castle Greyskull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD
    I dont support Man Utd but how do you know it was them booing Baros......Going by the logic that it was Man Utd fans booing Baros, was it liverpool fans booing Roy Keane against Iceland. That was a disgrace too. There should be know booing of individual players like that. But Liverpool fans should not get sanctimonious about it. DID i spell that correctly
    How do I know? Because I was at the game - the Man Ure anoraks, tracksuit bottoms and shouts of "Baros, ya Scouse scum" were a bit of a give away.

Seeing that you're advocating the use of logic here - put it to use. Who else would boo Baros? The huge Everton fanbase at LR is it? And you're "logic" regarding it being Liverpool fans that were booing Keane against Iceland is just plain stupid - you should know well why Keane was being boo'd, it was an Irish team matter and had nothing to do with Liverpool.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Celtic & Hibs(though they currently choose not to),are the only clubs within the domain of the British mainland,who can fly a foreign flag above their ground,ie.the Irish Tricolour.....
    Neither Celtic of Glasgow nor Hibs fly the irish tricolour above their grounds anymore except if they meet an irish club in UEFA competitions.

Whoever cork city get in the inter-toto we'll fly that flag of that clubs' country.

BTW as for dates. Athlone Town were formed in 1879 and there are a good few clubs playing in ireland who were formed before celtic.

When the British soverigens mother died Celtic of Glasgow held a minutes silence. I cant remember that happening at any irish club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    1921 was a long time after 1888....or would you prefer the FAI to be part of the IFA(acc.to DG et al,difficult to know which is worse?!).

As for Celtic fans' attitude,your travelling companion in Polska & us when we meet up with you,can remind of the normally mutually amiable atmosphere between Glaswegian/Scots Tims & Irish fans...Though enough people on these MB's want to destroy that craic?
    Also meet a few gobs***e's, but you get them everywhere, with every team.
    I take it when you talk about Lopez's travelling companion you are trying to get me dragged into this little differance of opinion, (cheer's hoss there'll be a pint waiting for you in the barylka bar on mariensztat square, warsaw, noooot).
    Yea Celtic play up @ the till's in the various Celtic shop's around the map on their Irish history, but every big club does the very same when it come's to grabbing money from football fan's pocket's, they play up on past glory's and in some case's club history's, Celtic are no better or worse when it come's to universal selling point's. Go into any club shop and you'll see the same style of marketing.
    I would like to see club difference's kept away from the national team no matter who or what they are, that goes for the handfull of d**khead's who booed Graham Barrett, kevin Grogan and david McCmahon when their club side's were read out @ halftime during a freindly with Mexico while they were holding the u16 europian champions trophy, the handfull of d**khead's who booed LM when he came on, and also the couple of d**khead's in their designer gear who i seen outside the shelbourne house pub before the game last september with Russia who started to sing song's and chuck abuse @ fan's who had scarf's or hat's of Shel's or Boh's, that b*****ks can stop as well.
    When Barros scored huge area's around me in the east stand started going mad, a lot of them had not made a sound during the match until he scored, maybe if they put as much energy into getting behind the team as booing and shouting abuse @ one player cause they don't like his club we may have a bit of an amosphere @ LR again. Had it been Yan Koller who scored most of those people would have spent the entire 90 min's in total silence unless there secound club was shalcka 04. I'm all for turning LR into the way it was in the late 80's as a couldron of noise, but booing people for club reason's is a bit sad.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As for foreign flags,look fwd.to you drawing Linfield....sure they'd appreciate the red hand flying in the'rebel' co.!
    Err.... the red hand is an irish flag. It appears on loads of flags in the republic.
    BTW - we drew a swedish club

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvo
    When Baros scored huge area's around me in the east stand started going mad, a lot of them had not made a sound during the match until he scored, maybe if they put as much energy into getting behind the team as booing and shouting abuse @ one player cause they don't like his club we may have a bit of an amosphere @ LR again
    Exactly....this is them fans all over
    <insert witty remark>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast