Thread: Czech match atmosphere

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Czech match atmosphere

Any opinons on last nights atmosphere?

IMO There's been worse,there were some periods when the crowd were buzzzing but there remains too many 'can hear a pin drop' moments.
    We sang for the whole game in the back left of the south with relative success,a few lads around us were up for it but still only on a couple of occasions did the whole stand take up a tune
    <insert witty remark>

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Its a friendly, People not familiar with players in a club kinda way (lack of songs for players) + its a friendly & hard to get worked up about.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Friendlies have never had a good athmosphere at Lansdowne, bar one or two occasions. The fact that the ground is full for a friendly should be looked at as a positive. The FAI has always struggled to fill the place for friendlies, but if there's a similar crowd at the Romania game, get used to the 3 game package I'd say.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I though the atmosphere lastnight was better than the atmosphere at the Brazil game.Every time duff gets the ball,is magical.the man's a legend. chris doran didnt exactly get a great reception.????
    The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Definately a better atmosphere than the brazil game, the way the team went at the Czechs from the start helped raise the tempo a lot.

Chris Doran was derided when he came on. If nothing else it'll put him right into his place

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979
    Chris Doran was derided when he came on. If nothing else it'll put him right into his place
    A bit harsh wasn't it?No need to boo the poor lad...

The FAI asked him to fill the void of half time and he obliged,quel problem?or are yous just all James Kilbane fans
    Last edited by Beavis; 01/04/2004 at 3:31 PM.
    <insert witty remark>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    the atmosphere in the north was poor, only very occasionally kicking off, but there were pockets of fans having a laugh and a bit of banter which helped out.

there were times though when the crowd was buzzing and there was definitely a better atmosphere than there had been for the Brazil game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis

The FAI asked him to fill the void of half time and he obliged,quel problem?or are yous just all James Kilbane fans
    The problem is his music - its for women. Majority of fans at football match are men + camp Eurovision music = Chris Doran crying afterwards. It was funny though.

For the Romania game, WE WANT DANIEL O'DONNELL

hally11

Talking

wasnt at da match but watched on tv.atmosphere after da game i thought was good.showed wat we could hav done maybe if we got to euro2004.no point dwelling on wat could hav happened if we were goin,just finish by sayin hope we can bring dat good atmosphere into da next match.COME ON DA BOYZ IN GREEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Phelan
    chris doran didnt exactly get a great reception.????
    He was less annoying than at the Italy rugby game 2 weeks ago but still deserved it for that $hite song he was singing.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    He was less annoying than at the Italy rugby game 2 weeks ago but still deserved it for that $hite song he was singing.
    He didn't sing at the Italian match, it was the bloke who won last year who sung the Anthem(s) and the bloke who came second this year who murdered The Fields of Athenry during half time.

Did you notice that when they introduced and played the new eL song they lowered the volume in the stadium!

Anyway, back to football; I thought the atmosphere was a definite improvement on the Brazil match but then again how could people sing and chant whilst trying to take 50 photographs of Roberto Carlos at the same time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinski
    He didn't sing at the Italian match, it was the bloke who won last year who sung the Anthem(s) and the bloke who came second this year who murdered The Fields of Athenry during half time.
    It was the Fields of Athenry guy I meant, I didn't realise it was a different guy. He was announced as so and so off You're a Star so I assumed he won. Can see why he didn't though, he was brutal!
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

FFS, next you'll be saying we shouldn't boo bertie...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Bertie hasn't been to a match since he was booed - that's why Royston Brady was there instead. I think Bertie's too scared to come back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

Bertie hasn't been to a match since he was booed - that's why Royston Brady was there instead. I think Bertie's too scared to come back.

Proberly too busy saying well done to all the American troop's passing through Shannon airport.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    that's why Royston Brady was there instead.
    I'm surprised he could fit in a match around his media commitments....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any opinons on last nights atmosphere?

IMO There's been worse,there were some periods when the crowd were buzzzing but there remains too many 'can hear a pin drop' moments.
    We sang for the whole game in the back left of the south with relative success,a few lads around us were up for it but still only on a couple of occasions did the whole stand take up a tune
    We all could take a leaf out of Englands book and chant,"stand up if you hate Scotland" or "No surrender to the IRA".To get the night even better "You dirty Swedish b-----ds" when a foul is committed (even though their own manager is Swedish) and then if you cant get a fight outside,start fighting each other.What a craic that'd be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Did you notice that when they introduced and played the new eL song they lowered the volume in the stadium!
    Could you blame them!!
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Never liked this myself tbh.Think he should be allow to enjoy a match,like any other fan,regardless of what you think of his political tendecies and policies(Actually quite like the guy myself)
    <insert witty remark>

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    (saw on Tv) Couple of air horns seemed to get things going. I think Fields of Athenry is going to be the best song to get everyone going because everyone knows it and it isn't swung towards any club/political group.
    Atmosphere during the W/C was (looked) great!
    IT seems that dressing up gets things going, lot's of leprechauns and people dressed in tri-colours during W/C, obviously a friendly isn't going to be the same but some people were just wearing normal sweaters with mabye a scarf or a green cap.
    The other thing I've found going to matches-and this may sound strange, is if there is a good atmosphere in the opponents stands then the atmosphere in your own picks up-being an attempt to drown them out.

Bearing in mind this thread is nothing about Celtic, I'm just using them as an example,
    Celtic vs Fulham pre-season friendly. The hoops are singing for the whole game and Fulham don't get a word in, (there were more Celts even though it was at Loftus road). Eventually Fulham got up a dum-dum dum-dum-dum dum-dum-dum-dum FUL-HAM!
    Everyone in the Celtic stands started clapping in rhythem to try and drown out the Fulham chant, everyone got to their feet and the whole stadium was filled with this steady clap-then someone decided FIelds of Athenry would sound good to this rhythem and the stadium broke into song-Magic!

Mabye if the Chezchs were a bit more atmospheric we might have risen to the challenge, don't know about Brazil though..didn't they have Samba drums?
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast