Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Dundalk game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Dundalk game.

Not another draw please

We should have Mc faul and Williams back in the starting line up. Badly missed in galway.

Hopefully Clarke and Lorcan Fitzgerald can make the team for this one.

It will be nice to have Dundalk back at morton because they always bring a large and loud away support.

If memory serves me right, I dont think we have beaten Dundalk yet?

Any team news from Dundalk lads?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    Not another draw please

We should have Mc faul and Williams back in the starting line up. Badly missed in galway.

Hopefully Clarke and Lorcan Fitzgerald can make the team for this one.

It will be nice to have Dundalk back at morton because they always bring a large and loud away support.

If memory serves me right, I dont think we have beaten Dundalk yet?

Any team news from Dundalk lads?
    No real news as of yet, Think the only two we are missing are T Mulvenna who is not match fit yet after kneew surgery and Alan Cawley is astill a few weeks away from a comeback after the triple jaw fracture. Neale Fenn had a knee problem but played alot of the UCD game so he should be starting again.

We will have a big following up to this one, its only 45 mins down the motorway. Several buses heading anyways. And nope ye havnt beaten us as of yet and hopefulyl that continues tomorrow night!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    are both williams and quinn not suspended for fingal in this??
    as dillonman says there will be a big crowd up from dundalk for this one,hope yee return the favour in early june although i wont be holding me breath on that one!!!
    tom connolly is down as ref i see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillonman View Post
    No real news as of yet, Think the only two we are missing are T Mulvenna who is not match fit yet after kneew surgery and Alan Cawley is astill a few weeks away from a comeback after the triple jaw fracture. Neale Fenn had a knee problem but played alot of the UCD game so he should be starting again.

We will have a big following up to this one, its only 45 mins down the motorway. Several buses heading anyways. And nope ye havnt beaten us as of yet and hopefulyl that continues tomorrow night!
    We will have to put that right now wont we . We came close in two of the league games we played against yous in our first year. I remember a great free kick at morton for yous to save a point if memory serves me right and I think we where leading 2 to 1 in another game up at yours and yous got two goals near the end to win it.

Glad to hear you will be bringing a good away support with you. All are welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    are both williams and quinn not suspended for fingal in this??
    as dillonman says there will be a big crowd up from dundalk for this one,hope yee return the favour in early june although i wont be holding me breath on that one!!!
    tom connolly is down as ref i see
    As far as Im aware. Wiliams and Mc Faul are back. I guess quinn will be out due to the red card he got against Galway. He doesnt tend to start when all are fit so not a massive loss (good player though)

Ill pop up any teams news as soon as I hear it.

Of course we wont be able to return the favour with a big away crowd. You know this so no need to bring it up tbh. Our crowds are growing though. So ill definitely guarantee more, than when we last visited. Thats the best I can do

EDIT
    . Just seen the suspensions and yeah you are right. Williams is out. Didnt realise that he would be out for this game aswell. Kirby will deputise, so not too bad.
    Last edited by Lamper.sffc; 15/04/2010 at 7:18 PM.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads how much is a student ticket?
    Ian Fosters Black & White army

The Home of football is oriel!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Its 10 euro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    its only 5euro if you look hard enough!!!

lamps dont be editing your posts,your dealing with dundalk fans now.
    we read what you posted earlier.
    your dealing with the real thinggg here mate!!!!!

here:www//orielweb.com

catch up lamps
    Last edited by bullit; 16/04/2010 at 4:11 AM. Reason: fed up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    its only 5euro if you look hard enough!!!

lamps dont be editing your posts,your dealing with dundalk fans now.
    we read what you posted earlier.
    your dealing with the real thinggg here mate!!!!!

here:www//orielweb.com

catch up lamps
    What ???????????????

Lay off the posting when your p/ssed mate.

Really enjoyed tonights game. Fair play for the great away support. Its our first win against Dundalk and now we are top of the league (for 24 hours anyway). Was a really good game with a lot of good football played. We really should have won the game by more imo. Although Dundalk did put us under pressure at certain times during the match.

How good is O Neil
    Last edited by dahamsta; 17/04/2010 at 9:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    We really should have won the game by more imo.
    A good team would have won by more. For all their good play in the first half and the first few minutes of the second it took an og and a dubious peno for Fingal to beat us when we were playing poor. A good team would have pushed on instead of sitting back and letting us back in the game and we could have easily snatched (an undeserved) draw at the end with those goal mouth scrambles. Burns should have done better with his effort that hit the bar. The officials were shocking. Ref gave everything to Fingal and only added two minutes additional time even though it took the 4th official 2 minutes to figure out how to work the substitutes board. Fingal are really good when on the ball and probably the best passers I've seen this season but they are poor enough defensively and were very panicky and mistake ridden towards the end of the game. I'd have no fear about taking them back to Oriel and giving them a good game.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louth4sam View Post
    A good team would have won by more. For all their good play in the first half and the first few minutes of the second it took an og and a dubious peno for Fingal to beat us when we were playing poor. A good team would have pushed on instead of sitting back and letting us back in the game and we could have easily snatched (an undeserved) draw at the end with those goal mouth scrambles. Burns should have done better with his effort that hit the bar. The officials were shocking. Ref gave everything to Fingal and only added two minutes additional time even though it took the 4th official 2 minutes to figure out how to work the substitutes board. Fingal are really good when on the ball and probably the best passers I've seen this season but they are poor enough defensively and were very panicky and mistake ridden towards the end of the game. I'd have no fear about taking them back to Oriel and giving them a good game.
    Wouldnt disagree with some of what you said tbh. Doesnt matter how we scored though, in fairness you wouldnt have even been in the game but for a fortunate goal for yourselves. Terrible header back by O brien gifted you an opportunity and a goal yous scarcely deserved. what im happy with is that we deserved the win regardless of how the goals came. We played some great stuff and made Dundalk look very ordinary at times. I agree totally that we should have went on and taken the game by more goals but im still happy with the performance.
    One of the main reason we looked so shaky was the fact that we had quigley in goals. His confidence is shot and he has had two terrible games in a row now. Just ask the galway lads how bad he played last week. This means our defense has no confidence in him and causes a certain amount of panic. We are much better with Clarke in goals.
    Ref was poor for both sides I felt but thats the fact for nearly all refs in this league. We have been on the end of some dodgy decisions ourselves so was glad to see it go our way this time. Not that im saying it definitely wasnt a peno. I had a decent view of it and from where i was sitting I felt O Neil was already going over when contact was made but still contact was made by the looks of it. Just have to wait and see it on MNS I guess.

Hey look no edits. Bullit would be so proud

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

How good is O Neil
    I actually thought he had a crap game. alot of passing went array, Didnt do much except go back half the time. Won the pen but sure that was our own fault as he was leaving the box. Fair deuce to your win. But we ought to have got something outa that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I actually thought he had a crap game. alot of passing went array, Didnt do much except go back half the time. Won the pen but sure that was our own fault as he was leaving the box. Fair deuce to your win. But we ought to have got something outa that!
    Nah cant agree there mate. With O Neil its not always about scoring. Its the amount of work he gets through in a game. He never gives the other teams defence a second to relax. He is up there on his own a lot of the time and does the job briliantly imo. He has been great all season and its not for the fact he has scored a few goals, its for the fact that he works his ass off. Didnt think yous deserved much out of the game. We should have scored more and it was down to us not having that cutting edge at times. We sometimes tend to want to over pass when the killer ball or shot is the better option.

anyway was good to have the Dundalk lads back at morton even if they may not have enjoyed as much as we did

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Nah cant agree there mate. With O Neil its not always about scoring. Its the amount of work he gets through in a game. He never gives the other teams defence a second to relax. He is up there on his own a lot of the time and does the job briliantly imo. He has been great all season and its not for the fact he has scored a few goals, its for the fact that he works his ass off. Didnt think yous deserved much out of the game. We should have scored more and it was down to us not having that cutting edge at times. We sometimes tend to want to over pass when the killer ball or shot is the better option.

anyway was good to have the Dundalk lads back at morton even if they may not have enjoyed as much as we did
    Yeah yeah there is still another 4 meetings at least to go so we will get ye back.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Yeah yeah there is still another 4 meetings at least to go so we will get ye back.
    We will see