Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonights Games 9/4/2010

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Enjoyed the game on telly. A good atmosphere makes a big difference I think because there wasnt really a whole load of chances. Think the keepers footwork was at fault for the goal. He jumped across in the first place thereby completly planting his feet, if he had been on his toes he would have been able to spring back to side he came from to stop the ball as it dribbled over the line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomofman View Post
    What an awful game... Was even worse than the Pats Fingal game... If you're looking for entertainment don't come to Richmond park

I only saw Pats once this season but they certainly seemed like their gameplan for the season is to be as dull as they want and just focus on being a very solid unit, certainly not a lot of flair, but considering the players they have that'll probably be the better option than trying to outplay teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    If we play like we did in the second-half for the rest of the season we should be ok. It was a real case of two points dropped, but the 2nd half performance was the best we've played this year. Thought Flood and Sheppard combined well, and we did deserve a peno early on when Sheppard haad his shirt tugged.

Fingal were average at best, don't look like a team that will score alot of goals. We should have beaten them a cricket score really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    Seems to be a less fevered reaction on here to a player being attacked at Tallaght Stadium as there was after the Pats game, how incredibly strange.
    What happened??
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    What happened??
    From what I could see a few yards away, Gary Twigg chasing a ball that had gone out for a throw in in front of Bohs fans, got dogs abuse from Bohs fans, grabbed/slapped his Rovers crest in respsonse, a Bohs fan leaned over the wall and past gardaí/stewards to throw a punch at him.

I've only just stopped shaking from the shock of it all. Can a Bohs fan tell me the correct way of dealing with this absolute outrage and sense of disgust I'm feeling when I can't ring Joe till Monday to tell him that children might have been watching? Perhaps Stu has a template for an angry email to be sent to the FAI to express my terror at seeing such a gruesome scene? I would send one to MNS but sure we all know now Rovers won a game again that they're horribly biased to Rovers and are practically our propaganda committee.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    All i saw was a bit of finger pointing to be honest but i may have missed what youre talking about.

but yeah Jicked, ill forward that template on to you. Whats your email address?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    From what I could see a few yards away, Gary Twigg chasing a ball that had gone out for a throw in in front of Bohs fans, got dogs abuse from Bohs fans, grabbed/slapped his Rovers crest in respsonse, a Bohs fan leaned over the wall and past gardaí/stewards to throw a punch at him.
    Dont worry it was like everything else they threw at us tonight it missed.
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Bad stewarding in Tallaght again
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Could always check the doctored footage of the match back on the RTE website when they put it up.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    What happened??

Gary Twigg nearly caused a riot, came on and stuck his fingers up at the fans, on more than one occasion then started making signs for the rest of the game, then the ball went out near our fans and dumbo made another gesture a few people ran up to him, dont think anything happened, they may have grabbed his top i am not sure though. And by the way he was not even getting abuse before he done it.
    Last edited by Quadruple1928; 09/04/2010 at 11:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    I only saw Pats once this season but they certainly seemed like their gameplan for the season is to be as dull as they want and just focus on being a very solid unit, certainly not a lot of flair, but considering the players they have that'll probably be the better option than trying to outplay teams.
    thats a bit rich from a Rovers fan. Hasnt that been your gameplan for the last two seasons? We were brutal tonight but you lot were as shocking as ever.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    We didnt really need to be any good. 3 games in Tallaght and you have had 1 shot a peno that ended up in Kiltipper
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    you can go back three games if that makes you feel good but in the 16 years since you lot last won anything, Bohs have won 4 league titles, 2 FAI Cups and a League Cup. I know which i would take more pride in. Enjoy your win tonight, we'll regroup and get on with winning trophies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    thats a bit rich from a Rovers fan. Hasnt that been your gameplan for the last two seasons? We were brutal tonight but you lot were as shocking as ever.
    No not really. We've got more dynamic players than Pats have in guys like Baker, Twigg, Sean O'Connor, Dennehy, Kavanagh etc. I'm not saying Pats have a bad team at all, and they'll do quite well this season if they stick to outworking teams the way they do, reminds me a lot of how Ireland play, and I wouldn't say the same for Rovers.

Could always check the doctored footage of the match back on the RTE website when they put it up.
    Jaysus, not really on form tonight are we.

Gary Twigg nearly caused a riot, came on and stuck his fingers up at the fans, on more than one occasion then started making signs for the rest of the game, then the ball went out near our fans and dumbo made another gesture somebody tried to pull him into the fans, i think they grabbed his top anyway. And by the way he want not even getting abuse before he done it.
    Hang on a sec, big bad Gary Twigg had been trying to start a riot by "making signs" at Bohs fans, sticking his fingers up at them, and then goes to retrieve the ball in front of the same bunch of gents and doesn't get abuse?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Next time we will play our first team.
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    No not really. We've got more dynamic players than Pats have in guys like Baker, Twigg, Sean O'Connor, Dennehy, Kavanagh etc. I'm not saying Pats have a bad team at all, and they'll do quite well this season if they stick to outworking teams the way they do, reminds me a lot of how Ireland play, and I wouldn't say the same for Rovers.
    yes, really. Long ball rubbish. More dynamic players? LOL. Baker FFS!

How would you describe your style of play under O'Neill out of interest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    Jesus that's an awkward looking fall for Rice
    Will Mr O'Neill blame the pitch this time as well, or realise - just like SUllivan - that people can land/twist awkwardly on any surface.
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    you can go back three games if that makes you feel good but in the 16 years since you lot last won anything, Bohs have won 4 league titles, 2 FAI Cups and a League Cup. I know which i would take more pride in. Enjoy your win tonight, we'll regroup and get on with winning trophies.
    Same old ****** on this forum. Hijacked again. nobody gives a **** what you have or have not done. There are other teams in the league. Rovers can just say they have won more leagues and cups than you overall. so its a pointless argument. Turning into utd pool job it is.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Canadian TV must not have done any in-depth reports on Dessie last season, but he was fantastic and a world away from the guy who most should have been thrown on the scrap heap before the start of the season.

Under O'Neill we play good football only in fits and starts, when panicked we knock it long too often, because we've got such a good outlet in Twigg up top. When he's not there and we do that we suffer badly, thankfully he's back now and we also have Chris Turner and James Chambers who'll help give us a lot of drive from midfield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Under O'Neill we play good football.
    No you dont't, not even close to good football, you may have 'more dynamic players' but you don't use them to play football. It's all long balls and long throws into the box. When we played you at the start of the season we sat back and let you have the ball and the fact is you were clueless with it. You play on the counter, anyone can see that and its why you won tonight.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast