Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: League of Ireland Fans Unite against Racism

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Sku, i said you cant judge a case on past form, i didnt say the person. The accused has been charged with manslaughter not murder and the guards havent said it was racially motivated.
    You cant go around saying it was racist and murder when you dont know 100% fact that it was and how the incident happened. It doesnt mean a person is guilty of a crime just because he was involved in a similer case before.
    If you want to post stuff you dont know to be true sku then stick to the attendance thread.;

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    keep living in denial. Youre not worth the energy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Ah come on Stu, for someone who professes a knowledge of the law it's ludicrous to say that there's no such thing as manslaughter, even if it doesn't make the loss of life any less tragic or pointless. As for whether or not it was a racist murder, the statement initially made by the police made it sound like it wasn't a racially motivated killing or a pre-meditated crime/gang related death. Whether that's the case or not I don't know, you don't know and will be worked out at trial.

RIP Toyosi, an awful waste of a life whatever the circumstances.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    keep living in denial. Youre not worth the energy.
    denial of what? the truth ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    despite saying i wouldnt add to this thread anymore, i cant let the last 2 posts go unanswered. Jicked, I never said or implied that there was no such thing as manslaughter so to state that in your post is pretty disingenuous. The DPP can call it what they like but thats only because they do not have enough evidence to charge for murder. Its not what you know its what you can prove. Unfortunately that is the way of the legal system. It doesnt always achieve real justice. Ask the majority of people who have had to go through the courts about their experiences.

It is common knowledge at this stage that racist remarks were made by the accused men prior to the stabbing. And im surprised at the naivety youre showing in believing everything the Gardai said in their initial statement. As i pointed out in my link, on top of the tragedy of all this, one of the accused has previous on racist attacks. If you want to ignore all that in the interests of "justice" following the stabbing to death of a 15 year old kid, then be my guest. I thought that the stabbing of Toyosi was something that would unite all LOI fans (all Irish people actually) in dismay and disgust and not be met with denial and ignorance and that the idea of the rally would be supported by all the posters here considering that he was a Shels player and fan. Looks like i was wrong.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I thought that the stabbing of Toyosi was something that would unite all LOI fans (all Irish people actually) in dismay and disgust and not be met with denial and ignorance and that the idea of the rally would be supported by all the posters here considering that he was a Shels player and fan. Looks like i was wrong.
    I quite clearly made out how dismayed and disgusted I am as every person in this thread has been about this awful incident, please do not attempt to paint me as thinking anything otherwise.

I haven't the faintest clue if there was malice aforethought involved and to be perfectly honest nor do you, so to say that it was 100% murder and not manslaughter is sensationalism. It'll be for a court to work out these things, not for you to say categorically it goes one way and then try to paint anyone who points out otherwise as being as not caring about a boy getting killed. It's a terrible, disgusting act, and doesn't need your ridiculous hyperbole to add further weight to these tragic circumstances. It's the sort of situation that requires cool heads, the Imam Shehu Adeniji should be particularly commended for his wise words, and not tabloid sensationalism from you about the state of our justice system and uniting the nation.
    Last edited by Jicked; 10/04/2010 at 5:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    If lep the lad was killed by a drunk driver i would content that it was manslaughter as he was killed by a knife welding thug i beleive its murder regardless how the law defines it.
    and i think it is fair to assume it was recially motivated.
    terrible that this thread was dragged of line
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WestBelfastRed View Post
    RIP Toyosi.

But why is it when racism happens in the league no real action is taken eg Jason McGuiness, shamrock monkey chants think Sligo even got fined for a anti racist banner
    Yup we got fined for a banner attacking Jason Mc Guineass after his disgusting comments to Rommy Boco.
    Show racism the red card my ****ing arse, the FAI showed their true colours there.
    Give the man a few match day suspensions and sweep it all under the carpet, but sure what do you expect from a pig but a grunt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    I quite clearly made out how dismayed and disgusted I am as every person in this thread has been about this awful incident, please do not attempt to paint me as thinking anything otherwise.

I haven't the faintest clue if there was malice aforethought involved and to be perfectly honest nor do you, so to say that it was 100% murder and not manslaughter is sensationalism. It'll be for a court to work out these things, not for you to say categorically it goes one way and then try to paint anyone who points out otherwise as being as not caring about a boy getting killed. It's a terrible, disgusting act, and doesn't need your ridiculous hyperbole to add further weight to these tragic circumstances. It's the sort of situation that requires cool heads, the Imam Shehu Adeniji should be particularly commended for his wise words, and not tabloid sensationalism from you about the state of our justice system and uniting the nation.
    just give it a rest will you - theres no hyperbole involved, simply addressing the idiotic posts that The Lep has made. Then you stuck your oar in for some reason trying to make out that i said something i didnt. Why bother? Why bother trying to drag an argumentative idiot like me into this thread again when the thread should have been left as is? If you want to call it manslaughter, then fine, knock yourself out. If you want to accuse me of sensationalism, fine. I dont think anything i said was inaccurate or invalid otherwise i wouldnt have said it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Somebody delete this thread.....it's ruined.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    If lep the lad was killed by a drunk driver i would content that it was manslaughter as he was killed by a knife welding thug i beleive its murder regardless how the law defines it.
    and i think it is fair to assume it was recially motivated.
    terrible that this thread was dragged of line
    Assumption doesnt prove anything, you cant jail someone on the basis that he has done it before so he must be guilty this time.. My point is that we dont know the events leading up to the tragic death of the young lad. There isnt an official report of what happened and there is talk that it was one of the friends of young fella that pulled the knife on the 2 accused. There is also talk that an argument took place and the 2 lads ran into a house and came back tooled up. To say it was a racist murder makes out that the 2 accused went out to Blanch with intent to kill a black person, they could have done that anywhere. Rumour also has it although just rumours that it was the young lads friends that started the argument but until we know the full details of what happened that day its unwise to say it was a racist murder until the powers that be prove it was so. In truth its a sad waste of a young life and who could have been a future League of Ireland legend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Shels fans banner in Athlone Town Stadium this evening

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    From what I've heard this was NOT a racially motivated death. The full facts will eventually come out. The media have yet again been a sham in their reporting of the incident.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    From what I've heard this was NOT a racially motivated death. The full facts will eventually come out. The media have yet again been a sham in their reporting of the incident.
    A knife wielding scumbag with a history of racially motivated attacks killed a 15 year old kid. What part of that reporting is shambolic?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    A knife wielding scumbag with a history of racially motivated attacks killed a 15 year old kid. What part of that reporting is shambolic?
    Because its not that accurate .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Back on topic lads, way off the topic here.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauro 76 View Post
    Back on topic lads, way off the topic here.
    Is it so far off-topic though? With the OP hoping that league fans will unite in protest at this racist attack, it's pretty relevant for posters to ask and debate if the attack really was racially motivated, isn't it?
    Last edited by osarusan; 11/04/2010 at 9:07 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lep View Post
    You cant judge a case on past form. It was classed as a racist murder before the chaps past form came to light and we dont know the lead up to the incident to say for sure it was a racist murder.
    Some of us dont need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....Paul Barry is a Racist and A talanted young black player is dead because he stuck a knife in him...If people want to argue the symantics of weather the law and only the law equals truth and justice ,well thats a matter for their individual concience.
    Last edited by RoversHead; 11/04/2010 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    well said rovershead ,I am sure lep you are not trying to deminish the terrible act that was perpentrated but in reducing this to finite points of law does exactly that. to be blunt sticking a knife in someone who then dies to me is murder regarless of aforethought.
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lep View Post
    And you know for certain in was murder do you ? you was there was you ? was the accused charged with murder ? no.

A refrence to him being a shels player was made in the opening post.
    I know a boys life was ended becasue of a knife. He was stabbed and died as a result so yes it was murder. What was he doing carrying a knife in the 1st place? Just for show was it???? Well he put it to use and a lad is dead because of it. Are you missing that point Lep? A mothers son is now in a coffin becasue of that scumbag.

A reference was made to him being a shels player because he was playing for our under 15s. It was never implied he was mudered because of the club he plays for. Read the post properly.
    Last edited by 1895ringsend; 11/04/2010 at 1:18 PM.

27. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast