Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joseph Ndo - Work permits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Defo one year. Work permit is a standard document. It can't reference anything
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Defo one year. Work permit is a standard document. It can't reference anything
    So just to be sure on this Pats are the only team who registered and employed Ndo properly during his 7 year stay here.

Shels Bohs and Rovers didnt check that he was properly able to work here. Is 3 points per game still the going rate?

Swings and roundabouts
    5-0

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    An easy way out for the FAI if they have to do something is that post 2007 it's been a different league and they would have no authority to go back beyond that. So basically it's just Bohs need to fret I think. Possibly Rovers can't remember when he was there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Well there's no guarentees that his 2nd spell at Pats was legit either
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    so does that make Cork City the 2004 Champions?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I'm not liking the chances of every club having adhered to the exact work permit requirements come to think of it considering the amount of randomers that have come and gone in various clubs. Though if the question was never asked under the rules or on a registration form Im not sure there can be much done about it now outside of a court challenge from someone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Why am I dreaming? Pats have nothing to gain. You think I want a league handed to Rovers ffs?!
    figure of speech ffs. Another way of saying it is get real.

But regardless of how many clubs are involved; every company who employs a citizen from outside the EEA needs to obtain a work permit for him/her. To obtain this in football, the FAI must provide a letter to the Dept of Enterprise, Trade & Employment

without the work permit, the employee is working illegally

As above if Bohs had one for him then it's not an issue. If, however, they were playing a footballer who couldn't be employed by them, then they should be punished with points deductions for each game he played. (You'll note the italics)
    right go and get your knickers in a twist over this and then come back to me when Bohs get a points deduction and you can say "i told you so". It aint going to happen. Ditto for Shels and Rovers. The guilty clubs likely wont be fined either in my opinion but its more of a possibility than the points deduction your talking about.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    so does that make Cork City the 2004 Champions?
    Posts like this are why I love this league.

Sligo not having much luck in the transfer front this season, it seems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Bohs girl in work posted this to me

Fella on the bohs board came up with the section 24 of the law where it states:
    24.—

(1) If the employment of a foreign national pursuant to an employment permit (other than a permit granted on foot of an application by a foreign national) is terminated by the employer or the holder of the permit or otherwise, for whatever reason, ceases, there shall be surrendered to the Minister, within 4 weeks from the date of termination or cessation—
    (a) by the holder — the original of the permit, and
    *by the employer — the copy of the permit.*

so that mean pats can be in the sh1ts too??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    We had a couple of people from South Africa in our office up until about 6months ago, both needed new permits when they were offered their respective contracts as they were leaving their original employer in the state, one had 6 months left on their original permit, the other had 2 months, when we enquired it was made very clear to us that both needed new permits due to the change in employer, now i must point out there was no problems whatsoever in obtaining the new permits, it was merely red tape that had to be dealt with, i have no idea if this will have an impact on previous results (sounds like more trouble than its worth to be honest) so i would imagine that this will be just another wake up call for the FAI when dealing with future registrations for non EU players, going back & cleaning up messes of seasons gone by sounds like something the FAI would avoid like the plague.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    right go and get your knickers in a twist over this and then come back to me when Bohs get a points deduction and you can say "i told you so". It aint going to happen. Ditto for Shels and Rovers. The guilty clubs likely wont be fined either in my opinion but its more of a possibility than the points deduction your talking about.
    Plenty of employers get fined every week for ilegally employing foreign nationals. And if you read my posts its clearly implied I don't think any points deductions will happen. But IF he was employed illegally, then points deductions should happen.

Dan, Pats would only be liable for sanction by ET&E if his contract was terminated. If it expired, the work permit expires with it. his registration would not be affected. I'd be fairly certain we'd be OK with work permits as if you remember correctly we had to wait some time before we were allowed play Ryan Guy or Lance Friesz but obviously if the 2nd Ndo spell was done illegally we'd be open to the same penalties as anyone else found to be illegally employing and/or playing him.
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CF1989 View Post
    he'll never play for sligo rovers so obviously enough?
    Why not? As long as they follow the rules there won't be a problem. I presume they've already been through this with Boco?
    ---

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Jailtime would be the complication according to the rag that printed the story.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CF1989 View Post
    thought there might be complications for us now this has come about, if true of course, which it seems to be after mcguinness was quoted. rumours around here are he might play tonight v bray, guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Papers do make up quotes from time to time so theres some hope its bull. Why has it not been reported elsewhere if true?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by de bowez View Post
    Jailtime would be the complication according to the rag that printed the story.
    There's no chance he'll face jailtime. None whatsoever. For non high profile cases, they're deported.
    ---

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Deportation would make it even harder for Sligo to play him. They really aren't having much luck signing an attacking midfielder.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    I'm pretty sure there was a case in England where a player played for a club while in jail; he was tagged and released for match days.

Not sure if anyone's managed to play for a club while deported though...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    I have experience of this from working in a number of countries abroad and from colleagues in Ireland who were looking for permits. They're only ever year to year unless you get permanent resident status which may or may not entitle you to work. Even still if it is employer specific then you need to get a new one for each employer. If he got permanent resident status (unlikely) then he is legally entitled to work here, there and everywhere within the limits of time and such. If his permit was specific to a certain employer, then he is not allowed work for another without changing the permit. This falls under the law of the land, and not regulated with a blind eye. However the Rovers matter is different - under the rules, the club loaning the player pay a fee to his club, who continue to pay him, and as a result he is still employed by the original club. Rovers don't employ or pay the player directly. Rovers are free from difficulty.

However if he is contracted to a new employer while still retaining his old permit, then this is breaking the law of the land and criminal proceedings should follow. It is up to the football governing body to decide what can happen. I don't know of a certain precedent, but there are a range of possibilities. The games involving that player are ruled 3-0 losses for his team, the team get fined, the player is jailed and the club are taken to court by Dept. Enterprise and un-employment.

It seems like an attempt to wing it (typical Irish way) could have gone seriously wrong.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Would this not have been noticed when a special visa was obtained for the game in Salzburg? Or by the tax office?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I'm pretty sure there was a case in England where a player played for a club while in jail; he was tagged and released for match days.
    Was that not Edmundo in Brazil ... he was allowed train and play games but had to go back to "Night Prison" after

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast