Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Midweek Games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    It also said that Mannus saved from a chambers free kick and also that Frost got a yellow card in the second half even though he was subbed after 10 minutes It said it the Drogs fans had to stand in the rain at Morton the other week when it wasnt even raining

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Dunno, but why did the sligo updater say at 9.15 'looks like one less unbeaten team in the lge tonight'

Did he not see us play in either game in the Showgrounds last year !
    I dont get that post at all! it was 2-0 at the time so it looked as though dundalks unbeaten start to the season would be gone

and i dont see what last year has got to do with anything

Quote Originally Posted by The Lep View Post
    It also said that Mannus saved from a chambers free kick and also that Frost got a yellow card in the second half even though he was subbed after 10 minutes It said it the Drogs fans had to stand in the rain at Morton the other week when it wasnt even raining
    looked at the updates thing and it says frost got a yellow card in the 2nd minute, nothing about the second half though!

and nothing at all about a chambers free kick? or am i blind?
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue til i die View Post
    I dont get that post at all! it was 2-0 at the time so it looked as though dundalks unbeaten start to the season would be gone

and i dont see what last year has got to do with anything
    Dundalk beat us 4-3 in the showgrounds last season. We were 3 nil up in that game and still managed to lose it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Dundalk beat us 4-3 in the showgrounds last season. We were 3 nil up in that game and still managed to lose it.
    Sligo were 3-1 up, but not that that matters. Dundalk should have won this time around too, great fighting spirit. That's two games now where we've been 2-0 down and come back to draw - hit the woodwork at 2-2 in both games too. Great start to the season for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tippex View Post
    Bray first points on the board. must have been an interesting night.
    It was actually a very entertaining game believe it or not ! the wind played havoc with the game. All Drogheda in the 1st half because of it , we broke a few times and came close with a couple of half chances and a Baker free kick right on half time, they hit the top of the bar mid way through the 1st half. 2nd half was pretty much all Bray, really battered the Drogheda goal and only for the woodwork (twice) and 2 disallowed goals, which really looked like home town decisions to me, we would have won the game. Over all we created the better chances and deserved the win but were up and running now which is the main thing.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts
    To sum up UCD v Galway - awful game played on an awful pitch in awful weather. No idea how I'll get highlights out of it... The end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Sligo were 3-1 up, but not that that matters.
    No, but sure it's better to point it out anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69 View Post
    It was actually a very entertaining game believe it or not ! the wind played havoc with the game. All Drogheda in the 1st half because of it , we broke a few times and came close with a couple of half chances and a Baker free kick right on half time, they hit the top of the bar mid way through the 1st half. 2nd half was pretty much all Bray, really battered the Drogheda goal and only for the woodwork (twice) and 2 disallowed goals, which really looked like home town decisions to me, we would have won the game. Over all we created the better chances and deserved the win but were up and running now which is the main thing.
    Draw was a fair result tbh .We should have been 2 up at half time and you should have scored 2 in the second half . The weather played havoc with the game and it was poor as a result . 2 points dropped from our point of view !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    I don’t think I’d agree with that really. It was what you would call a game of 2 half’s and that was totally down to the near gale force wind. Drogheda obviously were the better side in the 1st half with the wind behind them, you had more of the ball and the better of the chances, but it was the chances you created, apart from the shot that came off the top of the bar, the free kick save (which was straight forward enough) and the block in the 6 yard box, most of Drogheda’s chances came from distance. Bakers free kick was in but for the wind just on half time, it was going straight into the top corner and right at the end the wind took it off target. In the 2nd half we created chance after chance, had the ball in the net twice, hit the woodwork twice and your keeper pulled off a few very decent saves, one from a Tresson volley than bounced up was a great save.

I just thought we did much better with the wind and created a lot more than Drogheda did. There was nothing wrong with Tresson’s goal either, complete home town decision. Bakers goal must have been very close as well, from were I was, which was very close to being in line with him, he looked onside when the 1st ball went through but as it went through players and he then ghosted in unmarked he looked miles off side so could see why it was given.

Before the game I would have been happy with a draw, after it I felt we did more than enough to win it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    I can say with some confidence that this Drogheda v Bray game was the first game of football I have ever seen.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    That's really weird... I meant to say 'worst'. If it was the first game of football I had ever seen, it would have put me off for life.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Should be a great turn out for the Bohs v Pats game, seeing there isn't any other football of interest on television. (Except Barcelona v Arsenal - I mean, who'd be interested in that!!?).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    Should be a great turn out for the Bohs v Pats game, seeing there isn't any other football of interest on television. (Except Barcelona v Arsenal - I mean, who'd be interested in that!!?).
    Well I for one would "interested" in seeing Barca v Arse, but I can`t wait to see Bohs V Pats and I am sure there will be 2,500 - 3,000 others there who put support over "interest".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Dundalk should have won this time around too
    I assume you mean could have rather than should have? Dundalk were muck for the first 75 minutes then we got complacent and allowed ye back into it. Your defence were all over the place, Burns looks well past it and Breen wasn't great, we were just lacking up front and should never have thrown away a 2 goal lead. Ye could easily have won it in the last 15mins but it would have been undeserved.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    That's really weird... I meant to say 'worst'. If it was the first game of football I had ever seen, it would have put me off for life.
    If that was the worst game of football you've ever seen you can't have been watching football very long
    Bray Wanderers: So good they were relegated twice (and still stayed up).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    I assume you mean could have rather than should have? Dundalk were muck for the first 75 minutes then we got complacent and allowed ye back into it. Your defence were all over the place, Burns looks well past it and Breen wasn't great, we were just lacking up front and should never have thrown away a 2 goal lead. Ye could easily have won it in the last 15mins but it would have been undeserved.
    You seem to have forgotten our numerous chances before you scored the first. Fenn had a decent one, Burns put one over the bar, Miller missed a cross when it looked easier to score and the one that Faz I think it was went through one on one with Brush but he got there first. Ye where limited to long range shots for alot of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Until Sligo's first goal Dundalk were slightly on top, then it was all Sligo until the last 20mins where Dundalk dominated, scoring twice and hitting post and crossbar. Draw was definitely a fair result although Dundalk will definitely be happier with it after coming back from 2-0.

Sligo are no great shakes, we played poor enough and still drew with them. I'm looking forward to playing them in Oriel as it was very difficult to judge both teams in such poor conditions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Yeah i thought Sligo were poor enough...a wonder strike from Mc Cabe and a goal from a corner stupidly given away by Breen seemed to have won it for you...but similar to last season,as soon as we got one back your whole team seemed to sh*t themselves.In the end we could have won it,but then again had Cherrie to thank for a great save right at the death.Great crowd for such a bad night.
    Only another 9 titles till Drogheda become pride of county louth!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louth4sam View Post
    Until Sligo's first goal Dundalk were slightly on top, then it was all Sligo until the last 20mins where Dundalk dominated, scoring twice and hitting post and crossbar. Draw was definitely a fair result although Dundalk will definitely be happier with it after coming back from 2-0.

Sligo are no great shakes, we played poor enough and still drew with them. I'm looking forward to playing them in Oriel as it was very difficult to judge both teams in such poor conditions.
    You left out the two that where cleared off the line in between all that!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bray-Z View Post
    If that was the worst game of football you've ever seen you can't have been watching football very long
    Too right, plus we should have won with that breeze. Would have been a great win up there.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast