Thread: This Weekend's Games

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EastTerracer View Post
    Rovers v UCD finished 0-0 in Tallaght.
    Plucky point there for the relegation threatened side....two points dropped by UCD though.

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Really enjoyed our trip today. Hadn't expected to win at all.

Expected Limerick to be a lot stronger but delighted with the result. Big crowd and way more City fans than I expected. At least 600 or so. Only downside was 2 bad looking injuries to defenders, an area we wouldnt have much cover in.

Should hopefully improve our crowd for next week. Enjoying the dizzying heights of 3rd place for now
    Cork won easily enough. First half, there wasn't much between the teams, except Cork's well taken goal. In the second half, Limerick were an embarrassment. Conceded two goals from freekicks - the first one was particularly bad. Got a goal back from a good Robbie Kelleher header, but Cork held on easily.

Great crowd up from Cork, 600+. If you keep winning, you'll keep that momentum going.
    Last edited by osarusan; 03/04/2010 at 8:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Another great performance from UCD. Another clean sheet from Billy Brennan.

We controlled most of the game and could have won, Mannus pulled off at least good save in each half. UCD's last chance came at the death when two forwards stood over the ball with their backs to goal and couldn't get the boot around until it was cleared.
    Some of the UCD passing was exceptional, there was a long sequence in the second half. Just lovely.

SRFC will have better days.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Ian Foster understandably peeved at referee's hasty decision to postpone game tonight:

An annoyed Ian Foster feels Dundalk’s game against Galway United “should have been given a chance” at Terryland Park on Friday night and has put a figure of approximately €2,000 on the cost to the club as a result of the postponement. The fixture fell victim to the weather when the pitch was deemed unplayable by referee Padraig Sutton following a heavy downpour shortly before kick-off. And the decision left former Galway boss Foster in a disgruntled mood when dundalkfc.com caught up with him before the team set out on their three-hour return trip to Dundalk.

Foster ‘disappointed’
    “I’m disappointed, because I thought the referee should have given it a bit of time,” he said. “You can see now that at 8.05 it’s not raining. It’s just a waste. We’ve travelled an awful long way and we’ve spent a lot of money to come here tonight, and he’s not prepared to start the game. I think our fans and our players deserve a little bit more than that. At 7.30, it was playable. At 7.45, it’s not. Who is to say that at 8 o’clock you won’t be able to play on it? I kicked a ball on the pitch at 7.45 and the ball rolled right across the pitch. Just start the game and see. It’s not a danger to the players; players fall over. Just start the game – we deserve that. If it’s not playable then, then call it off, but at least give it a chance.

More>>> http://dundalkfc.com/news/100402_Foster.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Glad to get the win tonight. We weren't very convincing but we just about did enough. Foleys goal was a beauty just as 2 of his other 3 were.
    Pretty shocking stuff from Harps to forget to bring their kit too I have to say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Ian Foster understandably peeved at referee's hasty decision to postpone game tonight:
    The pitch was still covered in water at 8.30pm when I was leaving the ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    You're dead right, spot on there LTFC, United DO control the weather and decided, seen as there was trouble with Dundalk fans last season, we'd make sure there was a heavy downpour 20 mins before kick-off and coerce the ref to call off the game 5 mins after the scheduled kick-off time while all the time laughing at the poor saps who had made the trip from Dundalk. You are a true genius
    Ahh whisst will ya? Do you honestly think putting in all-weather pitches is the top of the priorities list for LOI clubs?
    Like get real will you please! Alot of clubs haven't a post to p1ss in and you're worried about all weather pitches? I don't know where we would be if we all thought like you.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dunne View Post
    The pitch was still covered in water at 8.30pm when I was leaving the ground.
    I think that you might have missed the point.

Whether the pitch was actually playable or not by 8.30pm is not the issue. Foster's complaint is that the ref should have waited to make a final decision. The teams and supporters - myself included - made a round trip of 7 hours. It seems bizarre that the ref could deem the pitch playable at 7.30pm, not playable at 7.45pm and not wait any longer.

Unfortunatley Galway United did not cover themselves in glory with their "no cash refund" stance. Quite rightly the FAI delegate set them straight on that, but only after lots of complaints and aggro

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Toothless Rovers performance but to be fair the night was all about UCD,was almost like watching PATS under Kerr at times with Bolger the star of the show ,he picked up everything off the UCD back four and controlled the show all night,Best football played by any side in the league that Ive seen so far,they were a joy to watch at times even for me and play without any fear,capeable of taking points at any ground on that form.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Terryland has passed a pitch inspection this morning and the game between ourselves and mervue goes ahead tonight. For the time been anyway. What's it like in Galway?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    Toothless Rovers performance but to be fair the night was all about UCD,was almost like watching PATS under Kerr at times with Bolger the star of the show ,he picked up everything off the UCD back four and controlled the show all night,Best football played by any side in the league that Ive seen so far,they were a joy to watch at times even for me and play without any fear,capeable of taking points at any ground on that form.
    Have to say, I didn't think we were that great, though maybe I'm just spoilt. I thought Rovers created more decent chances (certainly, I found more when doing the highlights below) and the general consensus in the stands, I think, was that Bolger gave the ball away too often. Corry and Shorty stood out for me; Killer did well, Pete's really improving and Billy made one world class save. But if we keep on improving the way we have been since Rusty took over - and it looks like we're keeping that up into this season - we'll have a good year. Certainly augurs well to hear us spoken about that way! Just need to start creating more and be a bit more clinical about it.

(This is what happens when I can't go for pints after a match...)
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 03/04/2010 at 10:42 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by **FrOsTy** View Post
    Terryland has passed a pitch inspection this morning and the game between ourselves and mervue goes ahead tonight. For the time been anyway. What's it like in Galway?
    Weather not too bad at the moment with the afternoon promised dry should be ok for this eve,last nights hail and monsoon rain was afreek weather which no pitch could have taken ,its in good condition this morn been told with all surface water gone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    Its why they won the 1st div last year and well deserved also. I didnt think they would struggle this year and no reason to change my mind yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitd View Post
    last nights hail and monsoon rain was afreek weather which no pitch could have taken
    Simply not true. It was a (heavy) 10-15 minute shower. The groundstaff were saying earlier that a rainfall would cause severe difficulties.

The problem clearly is the over-use that the pitch is getting - not "freak" weather

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Lads is it just me or are Yous lookin forward to the bohs-linfield game more then the united-chelsea ? Everyone will be in my sittin room watching united and be out by meself watching bohs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Foster ‘disappointed’
    “I’m disappointed, because I thought the referee should have given it a bit of time,” he said. “You can see now that at 8.05 it’s not raining. It’s just a waste. We’ve travelled an awful long way and we’ve spent a lot of money to come here tonight, and he’s not prepared to start the game. I think our fans and our players deserve a little bit more than that. At 7.30, it was playable. At 7.45, it’s not. Who is to say that at 8 o’clock you won’t be able to play on it? I kicked a ball on the pitch at 7.45 and the ball rolled right across the pitch. Just start the game and see. It’s not a danger to the players; players fall over. Just start the game – we deserve that. If it’s not playable then, then call it off, but at least give it a chance.

I suggest Ian Foster go on to Live Line and get Joe Duffy to sort out his problems with Referees as his incessant whinging and moaning about refs has become boring even at this early stage of the season

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celticV3 View Post

Now you cant argue with that!!!!!
    Thanks for the pics Celticv3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Doesnt seem the wisest move to have the Bohs Linfield game clashing with the Man United Chelsea game

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiehead View Post
    Thanks for the pics Celticv3
    Got them from boards, another poster put them up but the pitch was a state. just unfortunate for Dundalk fans

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast