Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BETOP - Bring Europe to Oriel Park

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    I'm all for improvements in the LOI, but being on the same side as Dermot Ahern on anything makes one have serious doubts!
    You can be assured that he is not at all loved too much in these parts either, he never does anything for his hoem town. I remember the folks got xmas cards off him every year, as he does and they sent them back to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillonman View Post
    You can be assured that he is not at all loved too much in these parts either, he never does anything for his hoem town. I remember the folks got xmas cards off him every year, as he does and they sent them back to him.
    Off topic, but he shouldn't. He's a Governent minister and the national interest should take precedence.

Anyway, back to the ground issue.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    Hope it work out for yous. Im sure there will be nothing better than hosting your european night/s at your own ground.
    If it works, it means a ground has been improved for all and in turn helps improve standards in the league. All the best with it.
    Slighty off topic I know but where do you think you'll be playing your home european matches. I've heard Dalymount been mentioned a few times but guessing that's just speculation at this stage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Eh maybe Oriel Park...............
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Eh maybe Oriel Park...............
    He's speaking to a Fingal fan.

Of course it'll be Dalymount, where else?
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillonman View Post
    Yeah right . Gimme a break will ya .The people of dundawk have the hump with ahern as his government are trying to close the louth county hospital and transfer services to Drogheda , we cant have that now can we . Until recently he couldnt put a foot wrong , didnt see him jumping to help Louths other football club in our time of need , did you ? He would be better served trying to get the country out of its pathetic state then wasting his time on this .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    Yeah right . Gimme a break will ya .The people of dundawk have the hump with ahern as his government are trying to close the louth county hospital and transfer services to Drogheda , we cant have that now can we . Until recently he couldnt put a foot wrong , didnt see him jumping to help Louths other football club in our time of need , did you ? He would be better served trying to get the country out of its pathetic state then wasting his time on this .
    Hes never done anything for Dundalk or Louth for that matter so dont go trying to look for sympathy for poor old Drogheda Utd. Its your own fault where ye are today not ours, not Ahearns(well actually you can blame him all you want)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    You've put me in the uncomfortable position of defending a Government minister, but yourself and Dillion would do with addressing reality. First off the Louth hospital is not closing and while services are being transferred to the County dump, services are also being transferred in the other direction to Dundalk. I recently met a Drogs who had to travel to Dundalk to get treatment she previously got in Drogheda. Also when you say he did nothing for Drogheda United that is absolutely not the case in that he did assist the club in the courts in a very material way.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMorgan View Post
    You've put me in the uncomfortable position of defending a Government minister, but yourself and Dillion would do with addressing reality. First off the Louth hospital is not closing and while services are being transferred to the County dump, services are also being transferred in the other direction to Dundalk. I recently met a Drogs who had to travel to Dundalk to get treatment she previously got in Drogheda. Also when you say he did nothing for Drogheda United that is absolutely not the case in that he did assist the club in the courts in a very material way.
    so are you saying the minister for justice helped you in a matter before the courts. (just trying to stir)
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Stephen Maher on the BE-TOP campaign and Pats run in Europe last year.

http://dundalkfc.com/news/100401_Maher.asp
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Stephen Maher on the BE-TOP campaign and Pats run in Europe last year.

http://dundalkfc.com/news/100401_Maher.asp
    Maybe Maher might undesand the concept of away goals this year LOve the little cameo of him picking the ball out of th night after our (aggregate) equaliser in Russia
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    We would probably exceed 3,000 but the owner has stated he needs to see 1,000 ticket sales first, then he`ll take it to the next level, be such a shame if this opportunity is passed by pure and utter laziness of fans.
    I have bought my tickets and would urge all Dundalk fans to do likewise. There are two potential benefits, a European match in the town and long awaited ground improvements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Big week to all Dundalk fans out there, not 100% sure on numbers but think its currently only around 400, we need a huge push on this week and at the UCD game on Fri night to get past the 1,000 mark.

Then we can plan ahead for the ground upgrade, 3,000 extra seats and look forward to playing the game at home.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Latest number is 375 (excluding online sales)

Pathetic.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Wait a minute we haven't had a home game in Oriel since this was announced the night of the St Pats game. I'll hold judgement on the use of the word pathetic till after the UCD game

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    The initial target is 1000 advance bookings by next Saturday - while 375 to date is not exactly over-whelming, that target should be reached at the home game on Friday.

The real challenge is to meet the final target bookings for 2 weeks later - 24 April.

There are great efforts being made by many supporters, the club staff/volunteers, and the DFC Trust - with poster, leaflet, mail-shot, telesales campaigns all on-going. If this achieves the desired early booking targets to allow work to go ahead, I have no doubt the game will be a sell-out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    I think we are now over 400 ticket sales, but we need a huge push today, tomorow and of course at the UCD game to reach the 1k mark. The final day is Sat, a local shopping centre doing an all day promo, but the UCD game is the critical sales slot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    I must say that I find this embarrasing that out of all of us only 400 tickets have been booked and not even paid. I wouldn't mind but some folks have even bought 2 or 3 per person and still this.
    i feel for Gerry Matthews and other good folks involved with the club because they must feel like they are ****ing against the wind
    Long Live King Kenny

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Dundalk fm announced at 5 that we are over the 450 mark, I was up at 6 and got 2 more so there is 452 now!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    will your turf pitch be up to uefa standard?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast