Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend Latest - Series 3

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Great result got the Harps. Roll on next week!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Did you really think that things would change from last season?
    No hence the reason why I didnt say anything like that. I gave a brief summary of my thoughts of the game and the turning points. Referring is a joke in this league, the sooner they do something about it the better, Iv seen better standards in non league.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Did the managers shake hands at the end Dillonman?was it a serios push on the ref or a handbag type ?not that you would get away with it in junior football either way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Disappointed with conceding the two late goals, two goals in thirty seconds again. It was all Ryan Guy linking with Vinny Faherty in the second half. Guy first (Pats' second) was a sweet shot into the far corner. The last goal came immediately after against a defence out on it's feet, Guy blasting the ball down the middle.

It could have been so much different, in the first half UCD goalie Billy Brennan was heading for man of the match (Ryan Guy may have got it) with brave saves down at the Pats forwards' feet. Then, in one minute of injury time, Faherty isn't picked up after a ball from his left and lobs the advancing Brennan, who clathers his own player.

Second half and Rusty does his trademark double substitution on 55 mins (sometimes he doesn't have such patience and makes a double-sub at half-time). Winger Mulhall and Keith Ward for Stephen Roche. Graham Rusk goes a little later. UCD clip the crossbar and Ward dances past Guy and maybe Lynch before shooting straight at Rodgers. But UCD make alot of effort just to stay with St. Pat's, two teams have now outgunned us in the last few minutes. [Pats and Bohs, as it's the start of the season.... like the reason they're top is 'cos they've beaten us].

I remember edit:
    This is UCD's first league away defeat since [the last time we lost away] since Sporting Fingal middle of last year, our only away defeat last year.
    Last edited by HarpoJoyce; 19/03/2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Memory of times past
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    Did the managers shake hands at the end Dillonman?was it a serios push on the ref or a handbag type ?not that you would get away with it in junior football either way.
    It shouldn't matter at any level putting your hands on the ref should get you a long term ban, simple as. the refs in this league are the most pathetic group of weak minded cowards you are likely to come across. it's time that MNS start focusing on this again in the past they kicked up enough of a fuss that referees were taken off the panel. Time this happens again.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Very ill-disciplined performance by the Droggies. Throwing points away two weeks in a row.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    3-0 flattered us tonight, UCD played some nice football and dominated the game for about 20 minutes in the second half but they didnt make any clear cut chances, Players worked very hard for us again tonight, It really is great to see because last year was so depressing, We Are Top of The League!!!
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    we left after Bohs scored the 4th to beat the traffic. You would have sworn Fenlon was back playing the amount of times he stepped onto the pitch and the 4th official was nowhere to be seen. I couldnt make out the whole ref pushing incidient as clearly as there was 4-5 players around the ref but there was a blatentn push as the ref all of a sudden nearly went flying as soon as a Bohs player ran over to him. The lino flagged for ages for the incident but nobody knew what for and the ref went over to him, alot thought hewas over-ruling the decision as it took a full 4 minutes before the pen was eventually taken. Comical stuff but absolute shocking yet again and Hancock had the weekend off.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    We Are Top of The League!!!
    Looking forward to the big Dublin Derby between Bohs and Pats.
    Wicklow Derby shaping up to be a relegation six pointer.

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillonman View Post
    Doyle.

I was at the game with a couple of other lads and my god, ref was shocking, linesmen where shocking and quite frankly the Drogs where robbed. Joe Kendrick got a second yellow for a handball which was hit right in front of him and he covered his face from being smashed by the ball. Bohs 4th goal, 2 players where offside, Keegan went in with a few dodgy tackles and should have got a few bookins. Bohs player pushed the ref for giving the pen and he only got booked. Fenlon kept encroachign onto the pitch and nothing was said at all.
    I notice none of the "nuetrals" at the game last night have pointed out that before the ref gave the penalty the linesman (who had a far better view than the ref) put up his flag for free out.

That's why all the bohs players were furious. Having spoken to the linesman & then decided to stick with the penalty decision I don't know how he didn't send off a bohs player for their protests.

Kendrick's second yellow card was harsh, but what a tw*t to stick up his fingers in a 2-1 jesture as he was leaving the pitch. Didn't see him waving during the warm down after the game.

Second player to be sent off can have no complaints.

Thought the Drogs keeper was very poor last night. He should have done better for our equaliser last night. Beaten too easily at his near post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillonman View Post
    Doyle.

I was at the game with a couple of other lads and my god, ref was shocking, linesmen where shocking and quite frankly the Drogs where robbed. Joe Kendrick got a second yellow for a handball which was hit right in front of him and he covered his face from being smashed by the ball. Bohs 4th goal, 2 players where offside, Keegan went in with a few dodgy tackles and should have got a few bookins. Bohs player pushed the ref for giving the pen and he only got booked. Fenlon kept encroachign onto the pitch and nothing was said at all.
    Good post . Bohs did there usual bully boy tactics last night , thinking they have a divine right to win matches . Why wasnt the player sent off for the foul on fitzy that led to the peno ? last man back etc , yellow card ? How in gods name can bohs players bombard the ref with abuse , push him and delay the match for 5 mins without any of them getting sent off ? They had that ref in there pocket last night and rat fenlon spent more time on the pitch than kendrick did ffs ! as for his sending off .Pathetic . Hang your heads in shame bohs !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Let's hope that old adage about luck balancing out over the course of a season holds true, Bohs sound like they've used up a lot of theirs already. In fact I'll have to remember these opening three games for the time later in the season when we get a dodgy penalty, or Keegan finally gets sent off, and have to put up with the 'its all an MNS/FAI conspiracy'

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    Good post . Bohs did there usual bully boy tactics last night , thinking they have a divine right to win matches . Why wasnt the player sent off for the foul on fitzy that led to the peno ? last man back etc , yellow card ? How in gods name can bohs players bombard the ref with abuse , push him and delay the match for 5 mins without any of them getting sent off ? They had that ref in there pocket last night and rat fenlon spent more time on the pitch than kendrick did ffs ! as for his sending off .Pathetic . Hang your heads in shame bohs !
    This is the same ref who over ruled the linesman who had a better view, yeah he really scr*wed drogs with that decision.

Kendrick shouldn't have been sent off, but I notice you conveniently left out his antics as he was leaving the pitch. If anyone should be hanging their heads in shame it's him!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    This is the same ref who over ruled the linesman who had a better view, yeah he really scr*wed drogs with that decision.

Kendrick shouldn't have been sent off, but I notice you conveniently left out his antics as he was leaving the pitch. If anyone should be hanging their heads in shame it's him!!!!!!
    Just like you conveniently left out heary given the linesman the finger and nothing being done ? You cant in all honsety come on here and say that the officals didnt win you that game last night . It was a disgrace , AGAIN ! How many times have you beaten us in the last couple of mins of games .Depressed .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    Just like you conveniently left out heary given the linesman the finger and nothing being done ? You cant in all honsety come on here and say that the officals didnt win you that game last night . It was a disgrace , AGAIN ! How many times have you beaten us in the last couple of mins of games .Depressed .
    We were down do the other end of the pitch so I couldn't see that, but if you look at my first post I did say bohs were lucky no one was sent off for protesting.

As the linesman having originally given a free out then either changed his mind or the referee refused to listen to him I fail to see how this decision went against drogheda.

If you had a decent goalkeeper he would have stopped the equaliser. To be beaten at the near post like that, very poor. he also got two hands to the fourth goal but didn't stop it. He threw his gloves away at the end of the game so he clearly knew he had a shocker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    I notice none of the "nuetrals" at the game last night have pointed out that before the ref gave the penalty the linesman (who had a far better view than the ref) put up his flag for free out.

That's why all the bohs players were furious. Having spoken to the linesman & then decided to stick with the penalty decision I don't know how he didn't send off a bohs player for their protests.

Kendrick's second yellow card was harsh, but what a tw*t to stick up his fingers in a 2-1 jesture as he was leaving the pitch. Didn't see him waving during the warm down after the game.

Second player to be sent off can have no complaints.

Thought the Drogs keeper was very poor last night. He should have done better for our equaliser last night. Beaten too easily at his near post.
    If you read my post about 2-3 posts above you will see I mentioned the lino waving his flag repeatedly and alot thinking that it was over ruled!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    I love the way Jason Byrne jumped up onto the railings when he scored and didnt get booked for that, a handful of Bohs idiots jumped over the railings onto the pitch cause of it. Ref was SHOCKING!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Bohs fans on their forum saying that how last nights match unfolded is why they would not like to see video technology used in football,enough said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Bohs fans on their forum saying that how last nights match unfolded is why they would not like to see video technology used in football,enough said.
    Defo not as they would have finished the game with 8 men!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    We were down do the other end of the pitch so I couldn't see that, but if you look at my first post I did say bohs were lucky no one was sent off for protesting.

As the linesman having originally given a free out then either changed his mind or the referee refused to listen to him I fail to see how this decision went against drogheda.

If you had a decent goalkeeper he would have stopped the equaliser. To be beaten at the near post like that, very poor. he also got two hands to the fourth goal but didn't stop it. He threw his gloves away at the end of the game so he clearly knew he had a shocker.
    You're missing the point though.

It is obvious that the ref made a hash of the penalty decision. I didn't think it was a penalty and the linesman definately flagged for a free out. But it is the ref's final decision that counts, not the linesman.

The referee obviously realised that he made a balls of the situation, but by God did he pay it all back to Bohs with added interest for the rest of the game. Flood's first yellow was barely a foul, never mind a booking. I'll ask you this, if the referee didn't give that penalty, would Kendrick have been sent off? The answer is almost certainly no.
    You've got no fans.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast