Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Fingal Gone Belly Up

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lep View Post
    We were not alone in making a loss last year so lets wait until after next year to see where we stand regarding our finance.
    What other club came close to making a ~780k operating loss last season?

I don't think even Bohs would have lost that amount!
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    It wasnt

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    What other income did they have outside of Gannon?
    From what I remember when the club was initially formed, main sponsors Keelings were pumping in 250k per season. I heard, can't say for certain though, that this figure was reduced due to the economic downturn affecting Keelings

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    It wasnt
    It wasn't what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    From what I remember when the club was initially formed, main sponsors Keelings were pumping in 250k per season. I heard, can't say for certain though, that this figure was reduced due to the economic downturn affecting Keelings
    Their sponsorship has been very fruitful so far.

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Im not gonna get into an argument of whether Fingal is a county or not. I live in County Fingal thats all that matters. If you dont think its a county then so be it.
    By that logic,pople from Nenagh live in County North Tipperary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    I hope you are right. I doubt, but of course can never be certain, that the club do not have a plan in place should Gannon lose interest. As iv always said from the beginning, time will tell whether we do alright or not. We have actually lasted longer than a lot of others in here thought. While everybody else has been predicting doom and gloom for our club since the beginning, a hell of alot has actually happened to other clubs while we have been fine (so far)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    I hope you are right. I doubt, but of course can never be certain, that the club do not have a plan in place should Gannon lose interest. As iv always said from the beginning, time will tell whether we do alright or not. We have actually lasted longer than a lot of others in here thought. While everybody else has been predicting doom and gloom for our club since the beginning, a hell of alot has actually happened to other clubs while we have been fine (so far) So, as people keep saying, that our way has proven to be the wrong way in the past, which I totally understand them saying. It really hasnt worked anyway for most of the clubs recently now has it. I personally will be crossing my fingers hoping all clubs can come through this recession, and a stonger, better league will come from it.
    Lets get things straight. Sporting Fingal can only survive on Gannon's 'investment', 780k is too large of a figure for a club to bridge with no ground, no assets, no history and a small youthful fanbase in its infancy. Gerry Gannon is bust, broke, cream crackered. If Anglo Irish Bank were let sink as they should have been in September 2008 and Fianna Fáil never created the criminal NAMA scam, Gannon would be have been gone 12 months ago and Sporting Fingal would have sunk with him. We are watching a doomed club been given a stay of execution due to political/property developer ******ology. Cork, Derry, Kildare did not have this unique luxury that Sporting Fingal have. As the accounts show Sporting Fingal are wildly unsustainable, totally dependent on Gannon's invisible money and are effectively the LOI version of Anglo Irish Bank, a zombie football club who are doomed because the fundamentals of what is needed to be a sustainble LOI entity are entirely non-existant and are living on borrowed time (and money).
    Mate dont quote me on the bit that makes your argument more valid. Quote everything i said. Iv never said it will definately work for us Im simply saying im willing to wait and see. Your over the top rant at me is pointless because im not saying what will happen at fingal will work, im just stating that what is happening at most clubs hasnt been working either and people should focus on their own clubs and stop trying to look for the problems with others. Take a chill pill my friend. We are not totally disagreeing.
    Last edited by Lamper.sffc; 17/03/2010 at 12:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Lets get things straight. Sporting Fingal can only survive on Gannon's 'investment', 780k is too large of a figure for a club to bridge with no ground, no assets, no history and a small youthful fanbase in its infancy. Gerry Gannon is bust, broke, cream crackered. If Anglo Irish Bank were let sink as they should have been in September 2008 and Fianna Fáil never created the criminal NAMA scam, Gannon would be have been gone 12 months ago and Sporting Fingal would have sunk with him. We are watching a doomed club been given a stay of execution due to political/property developer ******ology. Cork, Derry, Kildare did not have this unique luxury that Sporting Fingal have. As the accounts show Sporting Fingal are wildly unsustainable, totally dependent on Gannon's invisible money and are effectively the LOI version of Anglo Irish Bank, a zombie football club who are doomed because the fundamentals of what is needed to be a sustainble LOI entity are entirely non-existant and are living on borrowed time (and money).
    And your point is?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    And your point is?
    Em its clearly articulated in his first sentence.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Its not 100% accurate now is it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    No but not far off it either.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Far enough. Lets take one season at a time shall we , no point going on ifs and maybes . Much to the dislike of some,Sporting Fingal will see out the season and im confident they will start next years season in the division they qualified for on the pitch at the end of this season. Just because you want us gone it doesnt meant it will happen anytime soon so lets just enjoy this season shall we .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    1247 at morton on Friday probably max 2-300 rovers fans so Fingal have accumulated 1000 home fans in the space of a few seasons .As a resident of the area I still think its stupid moving to lusk instead of swords but I understand the council are buying part of one of your sponsers landbanks ,so probably makes sense from ongoing funding perspective to keep the sponsors sweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinred View Post
    1247 at morton on Friday probably max 2-300 rovers fans so Fingal have accumulated 1000 home fans in the space of a few seasons .As a resident of the area I still think its stupid moving to lusk instead of swords but I understand the council are buying part of one of your sponsers landbanks ,so probably makes sense from ongoing funding perspective to keep the sponsors sweet.
    A friendly dig out. They seem to have a very cosy little relationship.
    Always look on the bright side of life

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The Sporting Fingal / Gerry Gannon relationship was featured on Business Matters this week (TV3)
    They questioned whether Gannon could continue to fund Fingal as he is one of the first to be placed in NAMA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    if they are getting crowds of 1000 and they don't deserve to be in the league,then Galway don't too.
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GUFCghost View Post
    if they are getting crowds of 1000 and they don't deserve to be in the league,then Galway don't too.
    if you win promotion and comply with licence requirements you deserve to be there and no club is in any position to say otherwise
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Yes it is and it was a county before the city of Dublin reached into it.
    Fingal is an administrative county. That's all it is.
    I know that counties by their very nature are administrative area but thanks to the GAA (Fingal play as a 'county' in the National Hurling League but that's more to do with the proliferation of hurlers and is part of the greater super Dublin hurling plan to have another panel to take from), counties in Ireland have taken on a serious significance culturally. I work for Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council and I can tell you as a matter of fact that it is not a county in the 'Irish' sense of the word.
    Fair dues to someone who has an afffinity to Fingal and not to Dublin, although I find it odd!
    The North bank of the Liffey in Lucan is in Fingal and the southside of the village is in South Dublin County and I don't think you could say that they have regional rivalry!

I think it's a difficult for a lot of people on this site and in the wider LOI community in general to look at Fingal and want to them to succeed considering their provenance and their connection to a developer and a wildly dodgy council. I would count me among their number. Being a Shels fan doesn't help either! Fingal fans need to stop acting hard-done-by and having a Millwall attitude and need to start winning the wider community over.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    By no means do i feel hard done by I didnt expect any diffrent response from a shells fan to be honest. Where are you going with this millwall attitude ?
    I think its sad that SOME so called fans of our league would love to see another league club fold and not succeed. The truth is and what is important Sporting Fingal are here and will be here for another while yet . What division we will be in will be decided on the pitch and if we are full or part time and no amout of begrudgery or wishful thinking by those who wish to see us out of the league will change that.
    Its only the start of the season lads so lets enjoy it ye. There have been some legit points made on here and i agree with some and im sure that most Fingal fans arent naive to think that our financial status will remain the same for a number of years so like i said earlier we can only deal with whats on the table at the moment and im going to enjoy this season and no amout of negative postings from those who want to see Fingal fold will change that.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc1928 View Post
    The Sporting Fingal / Gerry Gannon relationship was featured on Business Matters this week (TV3)
    They questioned whether Gannon could continue to fund Fingal as he is one of the first to be placed in NAMA.
    Did they come to any sort of conclusion?

(Though I don't expect much from any TV3 show)

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast