Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1-1 Sporting Fingal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Some people are being very critical after just two league games.
    I love the way O'Grady is now suddenly some Lionel Messi type player after a bit of time warming the bench!!

I wasnt saying that(messi v Valencia was amazing tonight!!) but Conor offers way more than Danny attacking wise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Ventre didn't stop Fingal from playing at all. They were passing it around him for fun.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    nah nah your dead right. he never stops the opposing team from playing as his positioning is dreadful. the only time he gets near the ball is when dives in in one of his lunatic tackles. danny ventre is commited but lacks true footballing skills for the centre of the park. he is not a midfielder in my book. if we continue with ryan/ventre partnership, be ready for hoofing the ball for the year. centre midfield was a position last year we also struggles and i for one cant wait to see donninger and russell in there as we will struggle otherwise.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Danny runs around all day because the other team pass it around him all day.

We not someone in the middle of the park that is able to pick the ball up from the defenders, travel 10 of 20 yards and then get RR involved. (Otherwise the long ball when the defenders get it will continue) Ventre aint that type of player, hes a defender in my book.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrickFan View Post
    I wasnt saying that(messi v Valencia was amazing tonight!!) but Conor offers way more than Danny attacking wise.[/B]
    I don't see how...O'Grady is the same as Ventre,he's good at breaking up play and winning the ball but he can't pass a ball 10 yards either. The idea that he will create stuff for us if we put him into the team is way off in my opinion. However as the holding midfielder he probably is a better option than danny.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    pats beating shams in tallaght puts our draw that everyone was raving about as a good result into perspective, shams were there for the taking 2 weeks ago but we hoofed the ball with no tactics whatsoever only not to lose the game. again the same against fingal and another team we are capable of beating goes abeggin. im hoping all this changes sat nite against a very beatable galway. lets get the ball down and play with a bit of confidence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roversforever View Post
    I don't see how...O'Grady is the same as Ventre,he's good at breaking up play and winning the ball but he can't pass a ball 10 yards either. The idea that he will create stuff for us if we put him into the team is way off in my opinion. However as the holding midfielder he probably is a better option than danny.
    Again the point im trying to make is not that Conor is any kind of Mesiah or Messi even its more how horrendous Vente is in midfield and IMO Conor is a better option.
    Last edited by CarrickFan; 17/03/2010 at 5:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrickFan View Post
    Again the point im trying to make is not that Conor is any kind of Mesiah or Messi even its more how horrendous Vente is in midfield and IMO Conor is a btter option.
    agreed

In the heights of elation since 7.18pm 14/11/10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    Heard there's a new home, and away kit forthcoming.
    Any chance someone from the club could confirm or deny if we are getting a new home kit this season? Asked this question on another thread before the shams game and someone said we deffo not changing. Was going to buy the home kit for my young lad (needs a bigger size) but now I'm not sure if I should hold off for a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redkenrover View Post
    Any chance someone from the club could confirm or deny if we are getting a new home kit this season? Asked this question on another thread before the shams game and someone said we deffo not changing. Was going to buy the home kit for my young lad (needs a bigger size) but now I'm not sure if I should hold off for a while.
    Redken, this might help. Taken from new forum.

Lads,

The purpose of this part of the forum is to aid communication for supporters. We saw in the past that Kevin or Dermot would come online whenever there is a query. But it is unfair to expect them to reply to everything.

So if there is ever a problem with say, something like no Super Reds forms available or no clarity for a kick-off time, post it here and we'll do our best to sort it out.

We all know the www.sligorovers.com has been quite poor when it comes to information in the past. It has got a bit better recently and the club have said it will really improve when the new site is launched.

There are always situations where no statement will be made, eg Chris Turner, or transfer speculation, but when ask the club are always helpful I think you'd agree.

Finally, if people have ideas for fundraisers or to improve things in the club, could be an idea to post it here and see what people thinks.

Any questions, just shout.

Rory
    http://www.freeforum101.com/sligorov...um=sligorovers

12. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hi Redkenrover,

We are bringing out a new Home Jersey this season. Jako our Kit sponsor wanted to bring out a new jersey this season as our present jersey has been with us for the last 3 years. It is part of the sponsorship deal with Jako that we bring it out. Jako are hoping to have it in place for our home League Cup game. I will chase Nicky today and come back with an exact date plus a visual if possible.

In the heights of elation since 7.18pm 14/11/10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin L View Post
    Hi Redkenrover,

We are bringing out a new Home Jersey this season. Jako our Kit sponsor wanted to bring out a new jersey this season as our present jersey has been with us for the last 3 years. It is part of the sponsorship deal with Jako that we bring it out. Jako are hoping to have it in place for our home League Cup game. I will chase Nicky today and come back with an exact date plus a visual if possible.
    Cheers Kevin L.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234