Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2020

Thread: 2010 attendances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    It's still a good crowd. Sligo are a good club. Be great to see them build on this season. They already are the number one club in their province.
    ..with Salthill Devon coming in at number 2
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Stu, there were 20-odd UCD fans in the "away" section, .
    Now they may be a bit anal on grammar and spelling, might put up to be know-it-all's but "odd" is such an ugly word.
    I'd prefer to label them "dirty smelly student's who support a team with a sh!t fanbase and zero prospects but is remarkably well run in fairness to them"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    Well I guess we have different interpretations on it so.
    Basically at the end of the day its down to the person and if he felt that supporting fingal was what he wanted to do because he felt the need to support his local team then i think thats a good thing, you think differently.

As for the dublin thingy, pointless point really. The different areas of Dublin are just that different and people feel affiliated to what ever area they are from hence why there are different clubs for different areas in Dublin and also some of the biggest rivalries in the league. This guy feels more afilliated to the region of fingal so now that there is finally a club there he supports it, simples
    Ya thats fair enough that he now lives in the area and goes to them. I lived in Drumcondra for 2 years, used to go to Tolka quite a bit watching Shels in the 1st division,found myself clapping their goals and generally getting into the games. However been a life long fan of Sligo Rovers whenever work allowed i got home for their games and went to all the away ones in Dublin and if Rovers played Shels there was never any doubt who i would supporting as my loyalty in this league will always be with Sligo Rovers but i guess you and me just got differing views on loyalty

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    1349 at Tolka last night including 273 Blues fans (separate turnstile, figure quoted on Shels forum).

PineappleStu, I wasn't at either of the games you've listed as missing, but asked some of the lads last night and they went:

Longford v Blues (2) 200

Monaghan v Blues (2) 350.

5. Thanks From:

Model Club
    You choose your team-You stick with your team.End of story.

If I ever hear the words ,"I used to support..............",I just turn and walk away.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Using that logic, I'd still be a massive spurs fan with no interest in the loi.
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st time post View Post
    Ya thats fair enough that he now lives in the area and goes to them. I lived in Drumcondra for 2 years, used to go to Tolka quite a bit watching Shels in the 1st division,found myself clapping their goals and generally getting into the games. However been a life long fan of Sligo Rovers whenever work allowed i got home for their games and went to all the away ones in Dublin and if Rovers played Shels there was never any doubt who i would supporting as my loyalty in this league will always be with Sligo Rovers but i guess you and me just got differing views on loyalty
    I dont know this guy personally and just talked to him once at a fans meeting. I got the impression he is from fingal and supported Rovers. Now who knows why and for what reason he supported Rovers, there could be any number of reasons, but he felt that being from fingal that it was right to support his local team. So its not a case of suddenly moving to an area and supporting that team. He is from the area(fingal) from what I gathered. So its that reason that i think he is being loyal to his community when choosing Fingal. If it was a guy who just moved to fingal then id be very surprised to hear him change allegiances but I dont think that was the case.

Anyway its way off topic so ill leave it there. Good luck in the final.

ps. it was a peno

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by fionnsci View Post
    Using that logic, I'd still be a massive spurs fan with no interest in the loi.
    So you used to be a "massive spurs fan",but now your not.

Some would argue you wern't that "massive" a spurs fan in the first place.

Massive difference between being a childhood barstooler(high-chairer,maybe?),and finding Pats in your later years than being a "lifelong Rovers fan"(he's not dead yet I presume?),and shifting the goal post to support his "Local team".
    I live in Cavan now.Should a new local team set up shop in my county area would it be acceptable to forget everything I have put into Rovers to support my new "local team"?

Life-long Rovers fan my arse.Too cheap to pay the m50 toll more like!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Model Club View Post
    You choose your team-You stick with your team.End of story.

If I ever hear the words ,"I used to support..............",I just turn and walk away.
    There could be any number of valid reasons. For example, I wouldn't have considered it too far out of line for supporters of Cork to switch their allegiance because of the shameful way the club was being run by Tom Coughlan. The mismanagement of Shams during the nomad years could have been enough to justify switching.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Not a hope. You support your club through the good times and the bad, even if the bad times are atrocious and you are easily able to attribute the blame.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    I dont know this guy personally and just talked to him once at a fans meeting. I got the impression he is from fingal and supported Rovers. Now who knows why and for what reason he supported Rovers, there could be any number of reasons, but he felt that being from fingal that it was right to support his local team. So its not a case of suddenly moving to an area and supporting that team. He is from the area(fingal) from what I gathered. So its that reason that i think he is being loyal to his community when choosing Fingal. If it was a guy who just moved to fingal then id be very surprised to hear him change allegiances but I dont think that was the case.

Anyway its way off topic so ill leave it there. Good luck in the final.

ps. it was a peno
    Last thing ill say about this, im not having a go at the guy for going to fingal matches, fair play to him and ye need to keep attracting guys like this from your area to matches, it was your original comment about loyalty and it was you who described him as a 'life long' shams fan.

p.s cheers though it was never a peno but come Nov 14 it will hopefully be a distant memory when were lifting the cup!!

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkglasses View Post
    80 at Athlone-Limerick? That can't be serious.
    Probably about double it tbf.

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    There could be any number of valid reasons. For example, I wouldn't have considered it too far out of line for supporters of Cork to switch their allegiance because of the shameful way the club was being run by Tom Coughlan. The mismanagement of Shams during the nomad years could have been enough to justify switching.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.
    Both sets of fans did what I would expect from any fans and to do anything else would be sacreligous and unjustifiable.Theres turning your back on your club which is bad enough,but switching..............No chance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    it was your original comment about loyalty and it was you who described him as a 'life long' shams fan.

p.s cheers though it was never a peno but come Nov 14 it will hopefully be a distant memory when were lifting the cup!!
    I said had been, as in past tense and i was talking about loyalty to his community. The fact that with all the good that was going on at tallaght it must have been very difficult to support fingal and I commend him for choosing his Local side. The side that represents where he comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Model Club View Post
    So you used to be a "massive spurs fan",but now your not.

Some would argue you wern't that "massive" a spurs fan in the first place.

Massive difference between being a childhood barstooler(high-chairer,maybe?),and finding Pats in your later years than being a "lifelong Rovers fan"(he's not dead yet I presume?),and shifting the goal post to support his "Local team".
    I live in Cavan now.Should a new local team set up shop in my county area would it be acceptable to forget everything I have put into Rovers to support my new "local team"?

Life-long Rovers fan my arse.Too cheap to pay the m50 toll more like!
    Again I think the point has been missed. Im saying that as far as I know he is from Fingal. With that in mind I dont think its a bad thing that now that the community has a team he chose fingal. He has a sense of pride in the place he is from. You moving to cavan is not the same thing.

Thats my last on it.
    Last edited by Lamper.sffc; 31/10/2010 at 3:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    The well-known province of "Not Dublin"!
    I think the FAI and Provincial FA's should have a Shield for the best team in each province.
    Shamrock Rovers this season would be handed the Leinster Shield, Sligo the Connaught Shield, Derry City the Ulster Shield and Waterford United the Munster Shield. It'd be a small gesture in someways but be some reward and add a bit of spice to being the best side in each province.
    Sligo should promote themselves more as being the number one club in Connaught as they are while also promoting representing Connaught as well as Sligo. If Waterford get promoted, they should do something similar in Munster as well and likewise Derry in Ulster.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I think the FAI and Provincial FA's should have a Shield for the best team in each province.
    Shamrock Rovers this season would be handed the Leinster Shield, Sligo the Connaught Shield, Derry City the Ulster Shield and Waterford United the Munster Shield. It'd be a small gesture in someways but be some reward and add a bit of spice to being the best side in each province.
    Sligo should promote themselves more as being the number one club in Connaught as they are while also promoting representing Connaught as well as Sligo. If Waterford get promoted, they should do something similar in Munster as well and likewise Derry in Ulster.
    Im pretty sure Shams are happy with their league title,we are happy with our 3rd place finsh and league cup,Derry with their first division title and Waterford with their playoff place without needing some sort of gimmick to tell us we are top in our province.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Im pretty sure Shams are happy with their league title,we are happy with our 3rd place finsh and league cup,Derry with their first division title and Waterford with their playoff place without needing some sort of gimmick to tell us we are top in our province.
    I'm pretty sure they are too but in terms of promoting being so, the gimmick could work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Sligo should promote themselves more as being the number one club in Connaught as they are while also promoting representing Connaught as well as Sligo.
    No, we dont represent Connaught at all.
    We represent ourselves and have got nothing to do with Mayo or Roscommon or Leitrim or any of that small minded parochial GAA ****e.
    It reeks of the same crap from the media about these so called Connaught "derbys" with Galway, its not a derby as far as we are concerned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    No, we dont represent Connaught at all.
    We represent ourselves and have got nothing to do with Mayo or Roscommon or Leitrim or any of that small minded parochial GAA ****e.
    It reeks of the same crap from the media about these so called Connaught "derbys" with Galway, its not a derby as far as we are concerned.
    Let the love in rasp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Oi, we're champions of Leinster.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast