Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 attendances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    love it
    you know what i love? That we're 8 points ahead of you. Lovin it.

how many do you reckon are here?

Last edited by SkStu; 20/03/2010 at 3:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMorgan View Post
    And how many Drogs (would you guess)?
    7 million.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    That's not the main stand Stu...not that it needs to be pointed out.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Oh dear, another thread hijacked. The dogs on the street know that stand was full 5 mins previous. Posting at 4.13 in the morning with sups on board bitterness should be banned.

About 1200 at the carlisle. Fingal deserved their result. its gona be a long season for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superjohnny View Post
    Oh dear, another thread hijacked. The dogs on the street know that stand was full 5 mins previous. Posting at 4.13 in the morning with sups on board bitterness should be banned.
    Stu's in Canada, that was the joke him being the one to inform us there was 500 Bohs fans when he's 5000km away. You're right about the unnecessary bitterness though. That's another thing, remember last year when we were grossly inflating our attendances by saying games were sold out when there was obviously less than 3,000 at a game? I think the "official" attendance on here was even revised down on Bohs and other fans protestations about seeing empty seats on TV. Did anyone ever mention that as soon as the new stand was opened our attendances jumped again and were quite clearly over the 3000?

For completeness sake here's the stand Stu posted at kick off

and here's the opposite side at kick off

Do people still believe that we pretended the ground was sold out last year, refused to sell more tickets to fans outside, and couldn't get more 3,000 for our opening fixtures in Tallaght last year?
    Last edited by Jicked; 20/03/2010 at 10:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superjohnny View Post
    That makes it even worse! Illustrates perfectly the fickle fickle nature of your fans to have a mass exodus with ten minutes to go at a home game when you are only two goals down(when that pic was taken). What will they do when thay lose another couple of games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Great crowds, I never doubted it. Poor form to be leaving so early when 2 down at home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post

Do people still believe that we pretended the ground was sold out last year, refused to sell more tickets to fans outside, and couldn't get more 3,000 for our opening fixtures in Tallaght last year?
    No one ever thought that.

People thought that you were counting season ticket holders, who didnt turn up on the night in your attendance.

Obviously as these seats were already sold you couldn't resell them but most would consider the attendance to be those there on the night, so questioned the fact that you equated being sold out to an attendance of 3k.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Sure is poor form. But Stu's dig seems to be that of the 5,500 crowd including of floating and new fans to the LoI we got through the stiles, a large amount left early in injury time in baltic conditions, with a wind that destroyed a football game, and a terrible performance from the home team in a second half that they never looked like mustering a chance on goal. Not a terrible complaint to have to be honest, and seems like clutching at straws just as it did last season when people like him were genuinely arguing that we were turning away paying customers because they saw a few seats on MNS (as opposed to us having a fixed amount of tickets for sale, large parts of the ground as it then was being crammed with more than 1 to a seat as per lots of LoI grounds, and us not overfilling the ground as per H&S regulations)

Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    No one ever thought that.

People thought that you were counting season ticket holders, who didnt turn up on the night in your attendance.

Obviously as these seats were already sold you couldn't resell them but most would consider the attendance to be those there on the night, so questioned the fact that you equated being sold out to an attendance of 3k.
    Really? That's not how I remember the argument going last year but it may be so. I can't imagine hundreds of Rovers season-ticket holders being no-shows at the first game in the stadium, but Bohs fans still argued that we hadn't sold it out that night. Similarly on their messageboard they seemed to doubt that we'd sold over 2000 season tickets this year. We just passed 2,700 sold the other night.
    Last edited by Jicked; 20/03/2010 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Sure is poor form. But Stu's dig seems to be that of the 5,500 crowd including of floating and new fans to the LoI we got through the stiles, a large amount left early in injury time
    In all fairness there was a steady treacle out of the ground from about the 70 minute mark, and at least half the ground was empty with 5 minutes to go
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Grand so. My point stands. Even if it was half empty at the end that's still a crowd of at least 2,250 there at full time despite everything that had gone on that night. According to the Irish Times Bohs had 2,500 for their opening game of the season during the most succesfull period in their clubs history, a number their fans were very pleased with. That kinda makes Stu's attempted dig look a little well, pathetic. If you're a Bohs fan looking to slag Rovers off, you're probably better off not trying to go down the attendance/fan base route.
    Last edited by Jicked; 20/03/2010 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Rovers fans have always prided themselves on sticking by their club through thick and thin, something most admire them for. Let's not pretend that your own fans weren't ashamed by the amount of people who left early. It goes against the very thing ye considered ye're strength for the last 20odd years.

The comparison to Bohs attendance isn't relevant in that case. Stu is poking at what will hurt 'real'(hate using that word) Rovers fans most. Those who feel that while getting huge attendances is fantastic for the club that ye're losing something of what ye were in the midst of it.

So yeah, I'd imagine it is the best route to go down for him to annoy the most amount of Rovers fans, even if not yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    I don't know of any Rovers fan who is actually worried about the increased crowds and new matchday experience because some people left early. Like I said if 50% of the crowd had left early there's still 2,250 people in the ground despite it being one of the worst nights in recent memory for us (I can think of only one worse performance since the relegation season). That's more than we had in Tolka. It really isn't a worry. A potential problem would be serving up terrible dross on the field like we did to those floating customers, not that the entire fabric of the club is being ripped apart because we no longer play in crumbling conditions to the same old die-hards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    I don't know of any Rovers fan who is actually worried about the increased crowds and new matchday experience because some people left early. Like I said if 50% of the crowd had left early there's still 2,250 people in the ground despite it being one of the worst nights in recent memory for us (I can think of only one worse performance since the relegation season). That's more than we had in Tolka. It really isn't a worry. A potential problem would be serving up terrible dross on the field like we did to those floating customers, not that the entire fabric of the club is being ripped apart because we no longer play in crumbling conditions to the same old die-hards.
    Read your forum and you'll find some

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    815 as the official attendance last night at the RSC v Derry City. Figure includes season ticket holders, concessionaries and 100 or so Derry fans.

Atrocious night with howling wind and rain. Approx 650 in West Stand and rest in East Stand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,637 Posts
    Its pretty clear where i got the attendance figure for Bohs fans at Drogs last night - from fans who were posting on our MB who were there. I shouldnt have to answer to smartarse posts about it. Usually id put something like "apparently" in my post to show that i wasnt there but i thought that would be quite obvious by now. I was pretty impressed by it and thoiught id share it here where people criticise our attendances and travelling numbers. It was also backed up by whoever was reporting from there for extratime. The original post from SMorgan was unnecessary.

Then RoversHead, whose main mission on this board seems to be to laugh at anything Bohs related while not actually contributing anything else, jumps in with "love it". Another stellar post from RoversHead. So i posted that picture and asked him to guess how many fans were in that photo instead of just having a laugh at my expense. I knew what tie of the game it was posted at, i knew he would. It was taken after Rovers conceded its second goal to Pats. I would have thought you would see it for what it is Jicked. My original post had Hooperman in it but i had used that one already yesterday and i wanted to save it for some other time...

anyway, maybe id be best off not posting anything game related if this is what it causes.
    Last edited by SkStu; 20/03/2010 at 2:04 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DmanDmythDledge View Post
    That's not the main stand Stu...not that it needs to be pointed out.
    You sure? Looks like the Maldron behind it and thats the main stand.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    In all fairness there was a steady treacle out of the ground from about the 70 minute mark, and at least half the ground was empty with 5 minutes to go

That must have been sweet.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    Thought Shamrock fans only set off pyro during minutes silences? The fines must be adding up by now.
    No, you didn't think that.
    It was a smoke bomb, I'm not sure if that warrants a fine from the FAI/UEFA, they may not be as incredibly boring as you are. Pats set off flares, looked good too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Must have been over 1000 there Partizan, I don't care what the official attendance was.

Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast