Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: tonights latest

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topia View Post
    Surely it would be equally beneficial to declare the correct attendance as this money would all add to turnover which would help keep under the 65%... i doubt any club would be stupid enough, especially fresh after the derry situation to be planning on handing out much money under the table
    Only 65% of any income you declare can be used as wages, whereas 100% of cash under the table can be used as wages, and tax free too.

Again, that's the theory only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topia View Post
    ... i doubt any club would be stupid enough, especially fresh after the derry situation to be planning on handing out much money under the table
    Oh - you would be surprised

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Derry had well over 3000 in the ground on Friday night, they even ran out of tickets at the gate. Fans coming in after got in for £10 with no ticket stub whilst those before paid £12 each. Not suggesting anthing did happen BUT, this is the kind of instance where in the past most LOI clubs would have held the cash for the "second payments".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    just to be clear I said 'suggesting' not that you did explicitly say it, it was just a little odd if doing a piece about the history of a club to start it over 100 years in to the existence thereof.

But anyway, fair enough so, but it certainly came across as the programme opting to suggest that we were founded when the 400 club came in to existence. The other people reading it around me thought so too, and a Sligo fan earlier in this thread seemed to think the same. If it was a simple mistake then not a problem, though I wouldn't call the piece "history" if you're just going to c&p an article about the last five years or so. From another club I'd put it down as being a mistake, from Sligo I couldn't help but be suspicious It's like when your manager has to call us Shamrock three or four times in his notes. It's a little weird, and comes across as a juvenile attempt to try drum up a rivalry out of nothing.
    .......so it was more slandeous rubbish spewed out by Shams then. Thats the programme article and the "tax dodging" allegation shown up for what they are - made up stories by fans who feel it is OK to make up rubbish about another club unless everything goes their way. The same people who denied rascist chanting even when evidence was supplied feel free to make up allegations without any substance at all (Sligo can presumably expect a call from the FAI )
    Imagine if Sligo had had the audacity to win the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Sligo display on saturday night. Well done lads its very good

http://www.forzarovers.net/apps/phot...otoid=72823175

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    The article clearly states that Shamrock Rover's 400 Club was founded in 2002, not Shamrock Rovers Football Club.

If you read otherwise then, frankly, you're a bit thick.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    .......so it was more slandeous rubbish spewed out by Shams then. Thats the programme article and the "tax dodging" allegation shown up for what they are - made up stories by fans who feel it is OK to make up rubbish about another club unless everything goes their way. The same people who denied rascist chanting even when evidence was supplied feel free to make up allegations without any substance at all (Sligo can presumably expect a call from the FAI )
    Imagine if Sligo had had the audacity to win the game.
    Good lord. Slanderous was it? I said their article suggested that Shamrock Rovers were formed in the 2000's. Do you understand what slander is?

Did you enjoy the game last night?
    Nah, I didn't think it was great.
    SLANDER!

(fwiw, I apologised for the tax claim which was wrong, but as other people have pointed out there are reasons to not disclose full gate receipts, and one could at least be put on notice by the fact they consistently don't issue tickets for games - and unlike the Derry example above this wasn't a case of running out of tickets, I was in the ground 25 mins before kick-off, and a similar thing happened last season)

"If you read otherwise then, frankly, you're a bit thick."

Again, maybe I was just being a bit thick. But I wasn't the only one to get that impression at the game, as its a weird date to pick to start a history of the club, and considering its a rather poor dig that Bohs fans try to get in at us. Again, it doesn't annoy me coming from a fan on the terrace, but it seemed a little petty coming from an official programme if that was the intent, which apparently it wasn't
    Last edited by Jicked; 08/03/2010 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    Good lord. Slanderous was it? I said their article suggested that Shamrock Rovers were formed in the 2000's. Do you understand what slander is?

Did you enjoy the game last night?
    Nah, I didn't think it was great.
    SLANDER!

(fwiw, I apologised for the tax claim which was wrong, but as other people have pointed out there are reasons to not disclose full gate receipts, and one could at least be put on notice by the fact they consistently don't issue tickets for games - and unlike the Derry example above this wasn't a case of running out of tickets, I was in the ground 25 mins before kick-off, and a similar thing happened last season)
    OK I withdraw the word "slander" in relation to lies made up by shams concerning other clubs. I do however stand over the point that shams seem to think they can make up things without any basis or substance and pass it off as the truth.

The sanctimonious whining (and "threats" of boycotts) that follows when they are questioned on it (like asked to produce evidence) is a recurring theme on Foot.ie.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Shamrock fans made history on Saturday night, the first time a minutes slience was disrupted in the Showgrounds, shouting about Bohs and letting off flares, sick people

11. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappagh Red View Post
    Shamrock fans made history on Saturday night, the first time a minutes slience was disrupted in the Showgrounds, shouting about Bohs and letting off flares, sick people
    ... aswell as their fans trying to nick drink from the shop beside the ground, or the fella the cops were looking all over the pub for after the game, or the guy that was threatning the shop manager with a weapon (heard he might have been arrested). dirtbag fans. And dont be giving me this crap about tarring us all with the same brush, your fans and your club tolerate this crap.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

13. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    And so week 1's thread descends into crap from both sides. Let's hope for better in week 2.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112