Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: tonights latest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Smasha nd grab in Bray tonight, Peter Cherrie...what can I say, excellent performance kept us in wiht a pen save, 2 one on ones and another to somehow push it onto the post. Its 3 points, wons me a few bob and Im happy, performance was shocking though. Liam Burns was taken to hospital though so hope its not bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayRed View Post
    I wouldn't say we were robbed. Monaghan were worth a point overall. As for the ref, he was just incompetent more than anything. Bad decisions on both sides.
    There were no game changing decisions that went wrongly against Monaghan. We had 3 against us.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts

Bohs

Messy start tonight at Dalyer. Bloody queues to get into the ground. Got there at 7.10 and didn't get in till 5 after kick off. Still, good atmosphere, it's a disgrace how decrepit Dalymount looks. Good crowd, Jodi full and maybe 200 in the Des Kelly. Dalymount could do with a scoreboard.

Bohs were poor, but bar a free kick in the first half didn't think Fingal offered much going forward. McFaul can pass a ball thats for sure. Madden has the look of a gem about him. Soft peno, a wins a win.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post

Doh!!! Meds, blondness and fact that that game traumatised me beyond belief means it was blanked out!!! But no offence to Longford, Shels are a much tougher prospect than Longford were last season so its a higher level of a point if you get my drift!
    Meh, means feck all that kind of logic really. We won and drew in Tolka last year but it's all about the other games. I know what you mean as in theory it's a good point but I don't see it as any more valuable than any other point ye'll pick up along the way, if that makes sense.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFShels View Post
    There were no game changing decisions that went wrongly against Monaghan. We had 3 against us.
    The red card they had was harsh. To me Clancy didn't appear to be the last man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Meh, means feck all that kind of logic really. We won and drew in Tolka last year but it's all about the other games. I know what you mean as in theory it's a good point but I don't see it as any more valuable than any other point ye'll pick up along the way, if that makes sense.
    Wont matter in the table but it was an important point psychologically as Shels are being touted as possible league winners so to know that we got that point and gave them a good game will help the lads settle back in so to me it is one of the most valuable points we could earn and certainly the most important one we have won this season....so far....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayRed View Post
    The red card they had was harsh. To me Clancy didn't appear to be the last man.
    I think he was, but even if he wasn't, there were strong grounds to give a red card. Hughes was clear through on goal and Clancy committed a cynical foul, would most likely be sent off even if there was another player behind him. Pretty sure there was no1 though, definite red card, and should have been a penalty.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFShels View Post
    I think he was, but even if he wasn't, there were strong grounds to give a red card. Hughes was clear through on goal and Clancy committed a cynical foul, would most likely be sent off even if there was another player behind him. Pretty sure there was no1 though, definite red card, and should have been a penalty.
    Yeah i would need to see the replay to be honest. Was it Gorman who got booked for apparently diving? Thought that was a farce of a decision. Anyway I do think Monaghan were worth a point on that showing. Im well used to rubbish refs by now

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    Wont matter in the table but it was an important point psychologically as Shels are being touted as possible league winners so to know that we got that point and gave them a good game will help the lads settle back in so to me it is one of the most valuable points we could earn and certainly the most important one we have won this season....so far....
    Fair enough, can't argue with any of that. I shall concede that it could be a good start for ye!.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Dalymount could do with a scoreboard.
    Brilliant idea - I always have problems when the score goes anything over 4-13 to 1-18

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjaC View Post
    stupidest sending off i have seen, it was in the centre circle ffs.
    Rogers last year was funnier.

Ref in our game got most decisions right in fairness

THey had a penalty shout early on but he had already given offside (well the lino had...). O'Donnell's dive was atrocious. Few yellows dished out but can't really complain about him
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    Stupid decision but Fingal nice to the refereeing swings and roundabouts hit them.

Go on Bohs.
    Oh the irony, it brought a tear to my glass eye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    Stupid decision but Fingal nice to the refereeing swings and roundabouts hit them.

Go on Bohs.
    Another classic Sligo post there.

Should be a good atmosphere in the Showgrounds tonight!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Brilliant idea - I always have problems when the score goes anything over 4-13 to 1-18
    Good one!
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Refereeing in this league and officiating is a shambles...what I witnessed at the RSC last night was a joke. Harsh sending off won the ball but didn't go over it and got a straight, any challenges made by Wexford players was punished but now Waterford players....a bent linesman who can't pick out an offside if his life depended on it. Hoof ball tactics by Waterford as well to boot it is no wonder they get ****e attendences.
    YNWA LFC
    Forza Youths!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ForKeeps View Post
    Refereeing in this league and officiating is a shambles...what I witnessed at the RSC last night was a joke. Harsh sending off won the ball but didn't go over it and got a straight, any challenges made by Wexford players was punished but now Waterford players....a bent linesman who can't pick out an offside if his life depended on it. Hoof ball tactics by Waterford as well to boot it is no wonder they get ****e attendences.

17. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,266 Posts
    Going to be a long long season for Drogheda. They completely collapsed after our first (contrary to what was said earlier in the thread, they didn't have a man sent off; not that I noticed anyway) and it could easily have been four or five for us - hitting the underside of the bar being the best chance. Given we were missing five or six players through injury or Collingwood duty - Ger Barron, Ev McMillan, Paul Corry, Robbie Creevy, Pete McMahon and Dave McMillan; five of those were regular starters last year, with Pete getting a good bit of playing time too - we're only going to improve. Granted, we've had a LSC game and the college league games to get us match sharp whereas Drogheda have had contract wranglings, but even still, very very poor from them. For us, this season is suddenly one to very much look forward to.

Top of the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Top of the league.
    Enjoy it!

Only saw bits and pieces of the Bohs game. Saw the penalty on the replay, but as the name Anto Murphy was mentioned before it was even shown, I thought 'Here we go, likely to be a dive!' and sure enough he went down like a heap. He was a diver with us and is still a diver. Although, contrary to the assertations of one of the Shamrock Rvs fans earlier, I do believe he was sent off for diving in late '08 sometime.

Hopefully we can get a result tonight. Beating the Shams would be sweet.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Ref at Dalymount was conned by Murphy so I wouldnt be too harsh on him,Fingal deserved what they got for packing midfield and playing with one striker,Bohs looked clueless in midfield and toothless up front but just about deserved the points .

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    Ref at Dalymount was conned by Murphy so I wouldnt be too harsh on him,Fingal deserved what they got for packing midfield and playing with one striker,Bohs looked clueless in midfield and toothless up front but just about deserved the points .
    Fair summary. Fingal defenders challenge was daft though and did allow Murphy to make the most of it.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast